Thursday, March 26, 2015

NEW SITCOMS: ADAM BRODY JOINS CBS SITCOM, WHOOPIE GOLDBERG IN 'DELORES & JERMAINE', MARK ADDY JOINS 'SUPER CLYDE'! VANESSA LACHEY IN 'NOT SAFE FOR WORK'! ABC ORDERS 'KEVIN FROM WORK' TO SERIES

ADAM BRODY 
 TO LEAD NEW SITCOM AT CBS
We're sticking to the world of TV comedy pilots today, people, since it is still a dry period in Hollywood: 'Deadline' reports that Adam Brody will lead untitled new sitcom at CBS coming from MODERN FAMILY producer Dan O'Shannon. The story will revolve around a group of friends and family at three different times in their lives. Adam Brody will play Andrew, a guy who sees the best in everything. Even at 40, when life’s twists and turns have taken a bit of wind out of his sails, it only takes the reappearance of his childhood crush, Holly, to awaken his love of life and belief in happy endings. Tyler Labine and Kelly O’Sullivan have already been cast!

SITCOM 2015 CASTING UPDATES
WHOOPIE GOLDBERG IN NEW ABC SITCOM 'DELORES & JERMAINE'
After Ian McKellen, Derek Jacobi, Melanie Griffith, Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin, another of the acting legends to hit the world of sitcoms is Whoopie Goldberg who will star in ABC's new comedy DELORES & JERMAINE. Jermaine Fowler stars as a millennial with big ideas, but very little drive, who moves in with his estranged grandmother (Goldberg), a strict, football loving, former D.C. cop who needs his youthful enthusiasm in her life as much as he needs her old-school parenting.
MARK ADDY JOINS 'SUPER CLYDE'
Another of CBS's sitcom pilots SUPER CLYDE has added Mark Addy to the cast! Charlie  McDermott plays a meek, unassuming fast-food worker who finds his calling. When Clyde gets a really unexpected windfall, the inheritance from his long-dead eccentric uncle, he decides that his money will be his secret super power, used only for good. Addy will play his careful sidekick and his late uncle's butler!
VANESSA LACHEY IS 'NOT SAFE FOR WORK'
Gorgeous Vanessa Lachey will take the female lead in NBC's sitcom pilot NOT SAFE FOR WORK an office comedy centring on best friends Dale (Michael Cassidy) and Georgie (Christine Woods) whose relationship is upended when he starts dating the “perfect” woman, Drea (Lachey), the perky local morning news anchor who is self conscious about maintaining her image.

'KEVIN FROM WORK'
ABC FAMILY ORDERS NEW SITCOM
You can also check out the first photos from ABC Family's new sitcom KEVIN FROM WORK which has been picked up for the 10 episode series! It centres on Kevin (Noah Reid), a young man who declares his unrequited love for his co-worker Audrey (Paige Spara) in a letter, believing he’ll never see her again after he accepts a job overseas. But when the opportunity falls through and Kevin is forced to return to his old job, how will he and Audrey continue to work together now that his feelings are no longer secret?

28 comments:

  1. It's gotten to the point I just don't watch any television sit-coms anymore, which probably explains why I don't know who half the actors are that get talked about in the news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. most of them really are new faces. I watch UNDATEABLE, BABY DADDY, LAST MAN STANDING, YOUNG AND HUNGRY and MIKE AND MOLLY

      Delete
  2. Most everything I like ends up getting canceled (Selfie, A to Z, and I'm still crying over Bunheads and Jane by Design), so I'm hesitant to let anything new suck me in. Networks don't give anything a chance to really find their groove these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand but I still watch because if I hadn't I'd miss some of the lovely sitcoms which lived shortly but were still a delight to watch such as GUYS WITH KIDS, SEAN SAVES THE WORLD, FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS, HAPPILY DIVORCED etc

      Delete
  3. Some interesting premises there. I love the sound of the Brody story. And Whoopi as a grandmother? LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  4. See--that last one is proof that the open-plan office isn't good for anyone (except for great TV show plots!). That one actually sounds like one I'd watch. Although I thought that about A to Z--and that show tanked within, what? A month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, but then again A TO Z was really poorly written and had an off-putting lead actress and the supporting one too :) Come to think of it all of the actors in it were badly cast except Feldman.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I think it is her most famous photo and it is from the 80s :)

      Delete
  6. Is that a pre-2 baby body Lachey is sporting there? If not, color me all kinds of jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. methinks she still looks like that even after having them kids with Nick :) They're such a cute couple... I always thought he deserved some peace and quiet after being married to lovely but admittedly crazy Jessica :)

      Delete
    2. I had a crush on Mr. Nick when he was in 98 Degrees. After watching his show with Jessica, I thought he seemed like kind of a jerk. Though I am happy he finally got the family he seemed to want that Jessica wouldn't give him.

      Delete
    3. He did? Why did you think he was a jerk? I watched their show too and always felt sorry for him having had to put up with all of Jessica's shenanigans :) He seemed so gentle and patient to me. Which is why I was happy when he found luck with lovely Vanessa Minilo.

      Delete
  7. I'm excited to see Adam Brody back. I have been following him on O.C. from Season 1 till the end. Vanessa Lachey is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be fun seeing Adam in a sitcom! Just wish it was a multicamera one :( Isn't Vanessa Philippine?

      Delete
    2. I love Whoopi! If I happen to flick past it, I'd probably stop and watch.

      Delete
  8. I love Whoopi!!!!! If I happy to flick past it, I would stop and watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that back in the days she had a sitcom of her own in which she was a hotel manager, but it wasn't overly funny :)

      Delete
  9. Whoopi Goldberg's new sitcom sounds like it might have potential . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. could be a total riot! Debra, are you watching EMPIRE, for some reason I have a feeling you would like Cookie character in it played by Taraji P. Hanson :)

      Delete
  10. Whoopi is back. This is going to be another hit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not much here catches my eye, but I might give a couplle of them a look-see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is a dry period when it comes to movie news, Pat, don't have much choice when writing posts :)

      Delete
  12. Why do I find that Whoopie picture let's say less than inviting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet Mongo would have a different opinion :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.