Thursday, March 5, 2015

EPIC NEW 'LAST KNIGHTS' TRAILER WITH CLIVE OWEN, MORGAN FREEMAN! LIAM HEMSWORTH TO LEAD 'INDEPENDENCE DAY 2'! 'MOON IS A HARSH MISTRESS', 'STARS MY DESTINATION', ISHIGURO'S 'BURIED GIANT' NOVELS GET MOVIE ADAPTATIONS!

'INDEPENDENCE DAY 2' CASTS
LIAM HEMSWORTH, JESSIE USHER AND JEFF GOLDBLUM
You already know that the sequel to one of the biggest movie hits in the history INDEPENDENCE DAY II is in works twenty years after the original movie and that it will be again directed by Roland Emmerich, but now it  has been revealed that Liam Hemsworth, Jeff Goldblum and Jessie Usher (from Starz' SURVIVOR'S REMORSE series). Liam's role is unknown, but Goldblum will return to the role of computer expert David Levinson, while Usher will play the son of Will Smith's (who is not returning) character from the first movie. The movie should be out next June exactly 20 years after the first one broke all possible records in the cinemas.

NEW SF BOOK ADAPTATIONS!
MOON IS A HARSH MISTRESS
Two new sf adaptation's await us: Bryan Singer is to helm the movie version of Robert A. Heinlein's THE MOON IS A HARSH MISTRESS which won leading sf book award Hugo and was also nominated for Nebula Award! To be titled UPRISING the 20th Century Fox movie will be set in a Lunar colony which is planning an uprising against Earth!

STARS MY DESTINATION
Paramount, meanwhile, wants to adapt sf classic THE STARS MY DESTINATION into a movie as well! Written by Alfred Bester, this famous and legendary sf book  follows a man who is shipwrecked in space for years when one day a rescue crew passes him by. Angered, he channels his energies into seeking revenge and begins scheming.
ISHIGURO'S 'BURIED GIANT'
Deadline reports of a third new fantasy adaptation: Scott Rudin has bought the rights on Kazuo Ishiguro's epic novel THE BURIED GIANT which follows a couple in a semi historical Medieval Britain as they venture forth across a war ravaged landscape in search of a son they haven’t seen in years. Ishiguro's first book in a decade has fantasy elements, including a dragon, spectacular battle sequences and a panoramic backdrop.

'LAST KNIGHTS' POSTER 
 AND NEW TRAILER WITH CLIVE OWEN & MORGAN FREEMAN
New trailer has been released for medieval action LAST KNIGHTS along with the first poster! To open in cinemas next month,  the feudal film has Clive Owen portraying the knight Raiden, who has a fierce loyalty to his master Bartok (Morgan Freeman). When Bartok is betrayed by a corrupt emperor (Peyman Moaadi), Raiden leads a group of knights into a battle of vengeance. Third Oscar nominee in the cast is Shohreh Aghdashloo!

33 comments:

  1. Wow, 5-for-5 today, Dez! These are all on my must-see list. I'm worried they won't be able to recapture the magic of Independence Day, but I'm glad Will Smith didn't force his son on us again. :)

    Now I have to seek out a copy of THE BURIED GIANT so I can give it a read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if they blow up the White House in it again what better magic could we ask for? :)

      Or his daughter, his daughter is even more obnoxious than his son.

      I do like the sound of Kazuo's new book too

      Delete
  2. I had no idea there was going to be an Independence Day II. The original was so awesome! Who wouldn't want to go see Liam?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is because you weren't following your spy for a year, Debs :)

      Delete
  3. Last Knights looks awesome. I hope Inde Day II is as good as the first. I'm really into SciFi movies, so all look appealing. Makes me want to write a sci fi book myself. I have no sciency jargon though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've translated a ton of sf books and the sf writers always seem less educated in writing than the other ones when it comes to sentence structure and the structure of the story. But they sure do know their world building.

      Delete
  4. So Independence Day 2 is real, huh? I hope they do it well. I'm sad Will's not returning. I'd love to see him and Jeff together again. As for the Heinlein adaptation, I can only hope they don't screw it up like that travesty that was made of Starship Troopers (a Hugo winner and one of my favorite books of all time).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought STARSHIP TROOPERS movie was better than the book :) I translated the book for my country and the book kinda support the Nazi ideas in it, Heinlein doesn't really offer any criticism against it, while the movie was deliberately trashy but yet deeply open satire against today's militant Nacism of modern US government. The way they brainwash Americans, and then lead them into wars, the way they think they're superior to other nations, it's all like in the book

      Delete
  5. OMG! 20 years since the first Independence Day? I feel so old now :( I will definitely catch the sequel though. We don't want to miss Hunky Hemsworth, now do we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my thought exactly.... was is really that long ago? But it was the first huge blockbuster which opened the two decades of worldwide hits.

      Delete
  6. Wow, science fiction and fantasy are really getting a lot of attention from Hollywood these days. Ooh, and I'll take a knight's tale with Clive Owen any day. Yum. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sadly, it doesn't mean they will really get into the production stage :(

      Delete
  7. I've heard nothing but good things about LAST KNIGHTS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not too interested in the new Independence Day but I sure like the rest. All that lovely Scifi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hubby will be pleased about the Heinlein movie. That's one of his fav authors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't think we needed a 2nd movie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like all of these, and the trailer is awesome. I do think I've seen it before(?)

    The best are your remarks to the comments ;p
    ["Well, if they blow up the White House in it again what better magic could we ask for? :)"] LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, tones of people come just for the comments section :) I'm a blogging prophet who brings wisdom LOL

      Delete
  12. Independence Day is 20? I was thinking more like 10 or 15--I am getting old. I loved that movie. I hope this one is good.

    Those book adaptations are intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so old that it is scary to think how old we are if we watched the first one when it premiered

      Delete
  13. Wow! I was gonna comment about how I can't believe Independance Day is 20 years old. 20!!! And that I suddenly feel really old (having sat comfortably in the cinema to see it for the first time) but I see that's already been said a hundred times here :) ...so ditto. And Last Knight sounds interesting too. I like a bit of Clive Owen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I emphasized it in the post too :) Imagine how Will Smith feels... especially now that his career is in total downfall

      Delete
    2. lol. Apparently Will Smith is now the same age as Uncle Phil WAS in Fresh Prince...mind=blown

      Delete
  14. I'd like to read "The Buried Giant" -- I'll add it to my mile-long "to read" list, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clive....Owen....
    That's all I have to say.
    Plus he is depressing
    And when he smiles I don't buy it.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.