Monday, December 29, 2014

HOLLYWOOD SPY'S TOP 25 BEST SONGS OF 2014: CELINE DION, DANIEL DE BOURG, ARASH, KENDJI GIRAC, JOHN LEGEND, SIA, ANASTACIA, CHARLIE POUTH, SCRIPT

HOLLYWOOD SPY'S
25 BEST TUNES FROM 2014
To be honest, 2014 wasn't much of a year when it comes to music - it was mostly dominated by superficial pop tarts, and some people for whom you just cannot understand how they ended up in music business, but, there were still some lovely tunes that we've listened to during the year, so here are HOLLYWOOD SPY's top 25 songs of 2014! Clicking on the red titles will take you to the videos. Tell me in the comments which songs have you listened to this year!
2014 TOP 25 BEST SONGS
1. CELINE DION - Breakaway
 The empress of pop came back to the scene  this year, but sadly, due to her husband's cancer she didn't shoot videos. However, this mesmerizing performance of her below won my heart with refined elegance, deep emotions and heartfelt lyrics. She was our number 3 last year with 'Loved Me Back To Life'
But on the other side of yesterday 
Beyond the heartache what if all I am 
Without the pain Is empty hearted
 I could break away

2. DANIEL DE BOURG - She Know How
You probably haven't heard of Daniel nor of this song, but its subtle sexiness and enchantingly seductive beat won me over and I couldn't stop listening to it and watching the steamy video! Pure perfection! It also helps that Daniel is mindblowingly hot!

3. ARASH - One Day
Probably the most beautiful video of the year, it is the third and final song in his series of love balads done with Helena which also include BROKEN ANGEL and PURE LOVE. 
4. KENDJI GIRAC - Color Gitano
The song I danced most to this year! Love the rhythm!

5. JOHN LEGEND - You and I
6. SANA NIELSEN - Undo
She represented Sweden this year at EuroSong and if you ask me should have won with this powerful ballad! The most angelic voice I've ever heard!

7. SIA - Chandelier
The song would've been higher on the list if I didn't deem the video inappropriate because of the costume that little girl wears.
8. ANASTACIA - Stupid Little Things
Sadly, my fave singer ever doesn't have a strong record label behind her, but I'm glad she returned after battling two cancers.
9. CALVIN HARRIS & JOHN NEWMAN - Blame
10. CHARLIE POUTH - L.U.V.
You probably haven't heard of him, but as with Daniel De Bourgh, this is the beat that went right under my skin this year!

11. PROFESSOR GREEN - Lullaby
12. CHRIS BROWN - Don't Be Gone Too Long
13. THE SCRIPT - Superheroes
As always our fave Irish band has the best of lyrics:   
When you've been fighting for it all your life
You've been struggling to make things right
That’s how a superhero learns to fly
Every day, every hour
Turn the pain into power

14. ONE REPUBLIC - Love Runs Out
15. ELLIE GOULDING - Beating Heart
16. NICOLE SCHERZINGER - Your Love
17. BASTILLE - Things We Lost In Fire
18. CALVIN HARRIS - Outside
19. KENDJI GIRAC - Andalouse
20. ANASTACIA - Starring At The Sun
21. MR PROBS - Waves
22. JASON DERULO - Stupid Love
23. MARLON ROUDETTE - When The Beat Drops Out
24. KENDI - Oh Oh
25. MAROON 5 - Maps

43 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your top music pics, Dezzie.

    I really enjoyed the music video clips you added - my favourite was #4 - Kendji Garac - the energy was amazing, as was the music.

    I confess, many of these I have not heard - so this was a great was to get to know about artists I may never otherwise hear.

    Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a few typos, I see… ah, the joys of commenting before my first cup of coffee… :)

      Delete
    2. We do love Kendji, hope you clicked on the link for his second single ANDALOUSE too, it's also brilliant!

      Delete
  2. Celine Deon puts the class in classy.

    Not a great fan Nicole Scherzinger, but I enjoy the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love Celine, she is unbeatable! So sad she didn't get to shoot any videos for this album or to promote it more.
      What? How can you not like Scherzie? Admittedly her current album is really disappointing compared to the previous one, but she is so unique building her career with stunning voice and not scandals. And I like that she is an opera singer too

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of most of these songs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is because Dezzy brings world music not just the US one :)

      Delete
    2. Hahaha good one. I once had this Japanese student in one of my summer courses back in 2008, and it turned out she was an undercover Japanese rockstar trying to find some peace and quiet. So why my course, right? I mean, peace and quiet. Next thing I know she was trying to rock my jingle bells. That's when I went undercover.... Yikes!

      Delete
    3. Really? And did you teach her English well? Did she invite you for a concert? I sometimes have one of our pop stars liking my posts at Facebook.

      Delete
    4. She wanted to rock my world. I politely declined the offer.

      What poop stars? Oh wait you said pop stars?

      Delete
    5. I'm guessing she wasn't pretty as Angelina

      Delete
  4. Greeat list! Thanks for sharing!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love me some Script and One Republic. I admit, I am not normally a fan of Maroon 5, but their latest album has some pretty catchy songs on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally don't like Maroon because of their tendency to have violent videos, but MAPS song was done by One Republic's Ryan Tedder so I liked it :) Their latest videos for ANIMALS is deeply disgusting and revolting

      Delete
  6. "Superficial pop tarts" - LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Celine never fails to amaze me. This song is particularly appealing because she is staying more in the lower register and giving us that depth of feeling. It is so tragic that her Hubby is not doing well. Their's is a marriage of true love.

    Kendji would be my second favourite because that Flamenco guitar work is superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that he might die soon and I really feel for poor Celine, she spent all of her life with him :( And I love the song for those lyrics that I've cited above because I often wonder after all my suffering and tough life what if I also stay not broken but emptyhearted :( That is really bonechilling :(

      Delete
    2. I don't think he's going to make it this time either. It's so tragic, they've been through this before and he recovered so well.

      Dahlink, you're a survivor and I don't think you will ever become emptyhearted. You must remember that even though the world is dark a single shining heart can light the way for many.

      Delete
    3. It really is tragic, he was the family friend of her parents and has known her since she was a little kid, so she will pretty much have to live without him for the first time in her life :(

      It is the only thing that keeps me going, dear, but I'm just wondering how long can one shining heart go on never having a power supply....

      Delete
  8. Where's Cheryl? ;)

    She now ranks as the top female artist in the UK with the most #1 hits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her last album is truly atrocious and the crowd is hating her more and more in UK. Mostly teens buy her music. I do love her old songs PROMISE THIS and PARACHUTE.

      Delete
  9. I have not heard of most of the groups/artist... does that make me out of touch? thank you... for the list.,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You is totally out of touch, Jeremy, which means that you must go to the bathroom and touch yourself for half an hour :PPP

      Delete
  10. I must be getting old... I only know Celine and Anastasia.

    And I hate cancer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. who doesn't? Anastacia beat it two times and had to lose her boobs and was than also sick with some other illnesses this year. Poor woman. I adore her. And Celine too

      Delete
    2. And some people have the audacity to call that God's plan... The nerve.

      Delete
    3. more like Devil's plan... but what if those two are the same person.... split personality?

      Delete
  11. Hey, Dezzy,,,,

    Hope you had a FANTASTIC Christmas! Music is so soothing to the soul, especially after the trials and tribulations of life....

    SOME amazing choices here.....

    ALL the best for the NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There were many links that wouldn't let me play them, but of the ones I got, I loved these the most...

    Celine- both songs; Daniel is wonderul; Arash - knew some of the Farci - lovely song and video.
    Kenji is cute but I think I danced more to Kendi's "Oh-Oh"; Anastacia -all of her stuff!!; Sana -wow -new artist for me; John Legend - loved that!!

    Quite the lineup, Dezzy Dear... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anastacia and Celine have always been my fave singers next to Cyndi Lauper :)
      Arash always has such nice songs, too bad he is unknown in the English speaking world, you should watch PURE LOVE and BROKEN ANGELS too because one shows them falling in love, the second one her in an accident and this third one ONE DAY is him saying goodbye.

      Delete
    2. I'll check out Arash other songs. Thank you.

      Delete
    3. they're very tender adn nice, but if you want a more dancy beat from him don't miss BORO BORO and TIKE TIKE :)

      Delete
  13. I didn't know Celine Dion had a comeback this year and how sad about her husband. I didn't know he had cancer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he had two of them, got over the first one but it returned again. So sad, especially since they have a little son. She didn't get to promote the album much, except here in Europe where she is probably bigger than in USA.

      Delete
  14. One Republic's Love Runs Out had such a great haunting beat and really good lyrics. Know about Celine's hubby, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they had a few nice songs this year from the last year's album! Love everything Ryan Tedder makes

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.