Tuesday, January 5, 2016

LILY COLLINS, MATT BOMER LEAD 'LAST TYCOON' 1930'S TV SERIES! JAMES PUREFOY, MATTHEW GOODE JOIN JONATHAN RHYS MEYERS, LAURENCE FISHBURNE IN 'THE ROOTS' EPIC MINI SERIES

'THE LAST TYCOON' 
LILY COLLINS JOINS MATT BOMER IN PERIOD SET SERIES
Some really great casting news from the TV realm today, bringing some of our most beloved faces to the small screens, starting with dearest Lily Collins who has just been cast as the female lead next to Matt Bomer in Amazon's new series THE LAST TYCOON! Based on F. Scott Fitzgerald's unfinished novel it will also have Kelsey Grammer and Rosemarie DeWitt in the cast!
As 'Deadline' reports, the project centres on Monroe Stahr (Matthew Bomer), Hollywood’s first wunderkind studio executive in the 1930s as he climbs to the height of power pitting him against his mentor and current head of the studio Pat Brady (Kelsey Grammer)! Lily Collins will play Brady’s young daughter Celia, a lost young rich girl in love with Monroe who begins taking her seriously after her intriguing movie pitch. Rosemarie Dewitt joins the cast playing Pat Brady’s wife, Rose Brady.

'THE ROOTS' EPIC SERIES
JAMES PUREFOY, MATTHEW GOODE JOIN JONATHAN RHYS MEYERS, LAURENCE FISHBURNE
Meanwhile, A&E has really rounded up an extremely star studded cast for their historical mini series THE ROOTS which, spanning multiple generations, follows the story of young Kunta Kinte (Malachi Kirby), who is captured in his homeland of Gambia and transported in brutal conditions to colonial America, where he’s sold into slavery. Throughout the series, the family continues to face adversity while bearing witness and contributing to notable events in U.S. history, including the Revolutionary and Civil Wars, slave uprisings and eventual emancipation.
THE STAR STUDDED CAST  
Rap star T.I., Mekhi Phifer,  James Purefoy, Matthew Goode have now joined Forest Whitaker, Anna Paquin, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Anika Noni Rose, Laurence Fishburne! The four, two hour, episode series will see T.I. play Cyrus, a headstrong slave who fights for his freedom for the Union Army against Confederate Forces; Mekhi Phifer is Jerusalem, a mute slave who works on the Murray plantation, but who is not quite what he appears to be; James Purefoy will play John Waller, the wealthy owner of a Virginia plantation who buys Kunta Kinte as a slave upon his arrival in America; Matthew Goode is Dr. William Waller, the educated, charming brother of John Waller!

34 comments:

  1. Lots of British talent in the remake of Roots, I see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of remakes, especially when the original made such an impact. Even though it's an awesome cast. I doubt The Roots will be shown to school children in history class like the original Roots mini series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen the original, sadly, but I remember everyone knowing who Kunta Kinte was when I was a kid. This could be a chance for new kids to get to know the story

      Delete
  3. Matthew Bomer is pretty easy on the eyes...and I wouldn't kick James Purfoy out of my bed either...Looks like a good cast for the remake of Roots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Matt's husband is such a lucky guy! We do love Purefoy too, I was just thinking how sad it is that his younger years have passed and he didn't get his big chance :( An underrated one for sure

      Delete
    2. Matt's husband IS lucky! James Purefoy was great as Antony in Rome

      Delete
    3. yes, especially when he bathed naked in his Roman villa yard :)

      Delete
  4. magnifico!!!! raices con james purefoy...que mas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an amazing cast list for The Roots. I agree, thinking this is a great way for the newer generation of folks to get acquainted with the story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy for Lily Collins. Yeah I have had my fill of slavery movies but glad this one will be shown to a whole new generation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we absolutely adore Lily! Such a uniquely enchanting and expressive and radiant young lass

      Delete
  7. I'd like to see Roots, both the old and new. I haven't seen the old one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lily Collins... How are you doing?

    Oh hi Dezz. You're here too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily is doing fine... although she currently has a poor taste in boyfriends

      Delete
    2. I'm always available. Well, I am before I wake up.

      Delete
  9. So they're rebooting Roots? Lavar Burton got his start there, if I remember correctly. That book help to grow the interest in family history and made genealogy the 3rd most popular hobby in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Roots? That sounds epic. I'm going to have to check that one out. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. stay tuned for first pics and trailer later this year!

      Delete
    2. Dezzzz I knew I'd seen Crystal before. Now I know where too.

      Delete
  11. Good morning, Dez. At least it's morning here:) I just can't watch slavery movies. It is just too depressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, afternoon, early evening here :) It is, even more so when you know it still exists everywhere!

      Delete
  12. The Roots certainly does have an excellent cast. I always enjoy movies with Lawrence Fishburne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I with John Rhys Meyers, Goode and Purefoy

      Delete
  13. the Roots sound great.. I haven't seen the original one..

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.