Tuesday, February 28, 2017

DIANA RIGG IS A NEW DUCHESS IN 'VICTORIA' EPIC TV SERIES SECOND SEASON! 'THREE DARK CROWNS' FANTASY SAGA TO BE ADAPTED BY SHAWN LEVY

'VICTORIA' EPIC TV SERIES
 DIANA RIGG JOINS THE CAST
We've had a really epic post yesterday on Russian Grand Duchess Sophia and today, here's another Duchess for you: as you know the production on the second season of the super popular ITV historical series VICTORIA on the 19th century monarch is fully on and now they have a new cast addition. Legendary Diana Rigg will play the very much outspoken Duchess of Buccleuch, the young Queen Victoria's new Mistress of the Robes! With Jenna Coleman again as the queen, Tom Hughes as prince Albert and brilliant David Oakes as prince Ernest, the eight episode second season (plus a two hour Christmas special) will start about a month after the queen gives birth to her first child.

'THREE DARK CROWNS
GETS MOVIE ADAPTATION
Meanwhile, a new big screen book adaptation coming our way: as 'Deadline' reports Fox has bought the movie rights on Kendare Blake's THREE DARK CROWNS YA fantasy saga and has set Shawn Levy to produce it. The second book One Dark Throne is out this Autumn and two more books are planned in upcoming years. Three Dark Crowns is the first of four planned volumes, a fantasy series about magically gifted triplet queens who must use their powers against each other in a battle to ascend the throne.Levy's production company has worked both on Oscar nominated Arrival this year and Stranger Things Netflix hit series.

24 comments:

  1. Check out her cape! I just bought two capes recently and now I feel like a Duchess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not seen Victoria, but it does sound good. We seem to have lots of historical series of late featuring the antics of Royals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a nice series, given it is about that bloodthirsty royal ho. It was unexpectedly warm and light, but then again, their propaganda would want to show her that way, right? Who cares she enslaved half of the world when she and Albert were sooooo cute /pukes/

      Delete
    2. She was a nasty little piggy. Can you imagine if anyone did an entire series showing the actual horrors committed by Royals? People wouldn't be able to stomach it.

      Delete
    3. they would say it is an antiWest propaganda!

      Delete
  3. My gawd, Diana Rigg just goes on and on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I like the style of each of the three crowns... :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a little note to add The Three Crowns to my reading list when I saw your Facebook post today. Probably will wait until at least one more book is released as I hate waiting years to finish a series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my publisher says it is boring and she did not want to buy it, so I'd be reserved towards it :)

      Delete
    2. Eeek, then I'll just move it to the way bottom of my list for if I run out of things to read then.

      Delete
  6. Tom Hughes as prince Albert... Do you reckon that's an improvement?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana Riggs? So many wonderful souvenirs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three Dark Crowns sounds interesting. Triplet queens. I wonder if it's a challenge not getting them mixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I see the name, Prince Albert, I also think of some joke about Prince Albert in a can. But that's all I know of the joke. No idea how the rest goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually think of nasty Prince Albert piercing, but I'm naughty like that

      Delete
    2. I don't know what that is either?

      Delete
    3. it is probably better that you don't! Do NOT Google it!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.