Friday, January 29, 2016

RICKY WHITTLE TO LEAD 'AMERICAN GODS' TV SERIES! ABC ORDERS SCOTT FOLEY'S 'TOAST' SITCOM! 'KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS' ANIMATED TRAILER AND POSTERS

RICKY WHITTLE TO LEAD
'AMERICAN GODS' TV SERIES
In today's television news, a casting info from Starz where they're turning Neil Gaiman's AMERICAN GODS into a TV series. The first to join the cast is THE 100 star Ricky Whittle set to play Shadow Moon! The story depicts a war brewing between old and new gods: the traditional gods of mythological roots from around the world steadily losing believers to an upstart pantheon of gods reflecting society’s modern love of money, technology, media, celebrity and drugs. Its protagonist, Shadow Moon is an ex-con who becomes bodyguard and travelling partner to Mr. Wednesday, a conman but in reality one of the older gods, on a cross-country mission to gather his forces in preparation to battle the new deities.

ABC ORDERS 'TOAST'
SCOTT FOLEY SITCOM PILOT
ABC has, meanwhile, ordered a pilot for multicamera TV comedy series TOAST coming from Shonda Rhimes and written by one of her fave actors Scott Foley but I'm not sure yet if he will star in it as well. The hybrid sitcom revolves around engaged couple Max and Paige who, over their wedding rehearsal dinner, have their eclectic family and friends give toasts recalling anecdotes about the couple — but flashbacks reveal that the toasts don’t always get it right, as we watch the true story of their complicated, funny and relatable road to marriage.

'KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS'
NEW TRAILER AND POSTERS
You can also check out brand new posters and a new trailer for upcoming animated movie KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS out this October!  The epic adventure set in a fantastical Japan follows kindhearted Kubo (Art Parkinson) who ekes out a humble living, telling stories to the people of his seaside town including Hosato (George Takei), Hashi (Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa) and Kamekichi (Brenda Vaccaro). But his relatively quiet existence is shattered when he accidentally summons a spirit from his past which storms down from the heavens to enforce an age-old vendetta. Now on the run, Kubo joins forces with Monkey (Charlize Theron) and Beetle (Matthew McConaughey), and sets out on a thrilling quest to save his family and solve the mystery of his fallen father, the greatest samurai warrior the world has ever known. With the help of his shamisen - a magical musical instrument - Kubo must battle gods and monsters, including the vengeful Moon King (Ralph Fiennes) and the evil twin Sisters (Rooney Mara) to unlock the secret of his legacy, reunite his family and fulfill his heroic destiny.

24 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to "American Gods." I hope they do it justice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starz is usually good when it comes to series production

      Delete
  2. I see it is topless Friday. Carry on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that Ricky really doesn't have clothed photos, and Scott was just me, admittedly :)

      Delete
  3. Another in a long line of ladies here to thank you for the shirtless Ricky darling. Oooh what a nice way to end the week.

    American Gods sounds very interesting. Robert Heinlen played extensively with the idea that gods only exist so long as people believe in them. I've not read Gaiman's book, but people seem to love all of this work.

    I'm locked down in painting mode for the rest of the weekend and will fire up the DVD's on Monday. I'm not sure which one to watch first, but once I start, I'll go on a binge watch and plow through them all like I did with the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More Scott for me, dear :)

      I haven't read any of his books either, I have a feeling they would be too morbid for me.

      Have fun, dear, HOME FIRES are warm and calm, INTO THE BADLANDS is badass and LAST KINGDOM is fun and epic at the same time. It also has a hunk factor :)

      Delete
    2. As it is still Winter, I could use some hunks to warm me up. I shall start with Last Kingdom then :)

      Delete
    3. You will like the lead character also known as The Arseling :)

      Delete
  4. I guess this means I have to sit down and finally read American Gods...

    ReplyDelete
  5. American Gods sounds interesting. I haven't even heard of the books until now. Not sure if I want to read first then watch, or just watch. So little time these days, I may just watch and skip the reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Kubo and the Two Strings" might be pretty good. I have no such hope for American Gods. I'm familiar with the book (as I tried unsuccessfully to read it) and it is most def, not my cup of tea... I appreciate the post though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah... KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS. More fighting. It must be in our DNA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its good as your other posts :D, thanks for putting up.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.