Tuesday, November 8, 2011

AMY ADAMS IS HOLLYWOOD SPY'S BEST COMEDY ACTRESS! NEW POLL: AGE DEFYING ACTRESSES!

 Our poll for BEST COMEDY ACTRESS and lovely Amy Adams is the winner with 36% of your votes. She left behind her Sandra Bullock (13%), Melissa McCarthy and Anne Hathaway (12% each) and Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston with 4%.
She is definitely one of the most beloved actresses in Hollywood, taking the throne from Sandra Bullock and Reese Witherspoon. It really didn't take her long to seduce the audience around the world. It must be her warmth and appealing appearance which brings her the love of cinemagoers. We probably first noticed her in CATCH ME IF YOU CAN and THE WEDDING DATE, before she took the role in the, now almost classic, romcom ENCHANTED which basically brought her worldwide fame. In a wise step, instead of continuing in the light tone, she took the role in DOUBT after that,
showing her profound dramatic skills next to Meryl Streep, which brought her one of her three Oscar nominations. After proving her serious acting skills, Amy took a number of delightful roles in comedies and romcoms such as JULIE AND JULIA, again next to brilliant Meryl Streep, NIGHT AT THE MUSEM, as Amelia Earhart, and in lovely romantic flick LEAP YEAR in which she positively shined next to Matthew Goode. She then went for another Oscar nomination in THE FIGHTER with Christian
Bale
, and later this month you will watch her sing and dance in THE MUPPETS. In 2013 she will be  Lois Lane next to Henry Cavill in eagerly awaited MAN OF STEEL and a wife of a sect leader in THE MASTER.
It's interesting that she was raised in a Mormon family, that she's a trained dancer, that her best friend is British star Emily Blunt, and that MAN OF STEEL isn't her first Superman project since she appeared in SMALLVILLE too!


 AGE DEFYING ACTRESSES
Now, let us move to our new poll. Till the end of November we shall be voting for BEST AGE DEFYING ACTRESS, in which
you will be giving your votes to some 40, 50 and 60 plus actresses who still have youthful spirits and energy. In part one you can vote for these mature ladies:  Virginia Madsen (DUNE, RED RIDING HOOD), Anjelica Huston (THE ADAMS FAMILY), Emma Thompson (NANNY MCPHEE),  Sharon Stone (BASIC INSTINCTS), Susan Sarandon (THELMA AND LOUISE), Brenda Blethyn (ATONEMENT, SECRETS AND LIES), Marcia Cross (DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES) and Meryl Streep (JULIE & JULIA). Vote on! And since the poll will have 2nd part too, please leave me suggestions in the comments!

36 comments:

  1. I liked Amy in Enchanted. (though I voted for someone else :)

    It seems that Marcia Cross isn't old enough to fit with those ladies! (is she? I have no idea how old she is?) What about Michelle Pfeiffer or Helen Mirren? They'd have my vote. But I voted for Meryl here. Because she's MERYL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote won, see the cat has magic powers..haha, didn't know who to vote for on this one, so just went took a wild guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kelly
    she was delightful in ENCHANTED :)
    I checked the ages of all ladies, and Marcia is 40 plus so she fits the category, I adore her by the way :) Helen and Michelle are already written down for the second part of the poll :)

    @Pat
    you must be some witches cat, then :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never saw ENCHANTED, but she was hysterical in DROP DEAD GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ENCHANTED was a, now classic, Disney's film mix of fairy tale and modern romance. A very cute film for kids with lots of singing and magical costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually own it on BluRay, but it's still plastic-wrapped.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Voted and I can't seem to pick them lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Amy Adams, I think she has great acting range.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see some love for the finely matured women. :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course Amy Adams won! She's adorable and a brilliant actress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like her. I'm glad she won. She's so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I knew she looked familiar, I remember seeing Julie and Julia with my girlfriend.

    Also, I can assure you that I'm a psych student. I've done nothing but study and do research for the last 4 years. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful choice. Amy Adams is simply delightful in pretty much everything she does.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Emma Thompson! I haven't seen many of her movies, but her eyes remain young and teasing, and she is definitely one of those who won't have face surgery (at least I hope).

    Otherwise, I would have picked Marcia Cross.

    L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do remember Amy in Smallville, she played a fat girl who found a way to remain slim thanks to the kryptonite... By eating people!! XP

    She also played in Buffy, she was Tara's very narrow-minded Cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amys role in Doubt doesn't get as much love as it deserves imo

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Josh
    watch it while the kids are still little :)

    @Lurk
    I think this last one was pretty easy to guess

    @Erin
    she has the most amazing range!

    @Luanne
    those ladies deserve some votes, but I'm guessing we will have a very small number of votes this time :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Emily
    she is extremely adorable :)

    @Clarissa
    she is extremely talented :)

    @Adam
    she is extremely cute :)

    @DWei
    I believe you, DWei, I meant that your personality, as far as I managed to get to know you so far, doesn't ring that profession to me :) You must be extremely patient, introspective, emphatic, intuitive, mature, stable, focused, caring, you have to listen and watch a lot....

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Dan
    I always use word delightful when speaking about her too :)

    @Lucinda
    I also haven't seen a lot of her movies, but I always like her interviews because she says things no one else would :) and has a great sense of humor.
    Oh, my, did Amy really had such a terrible role in SMALLVILLE? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Interwebs
    well, how could you not :))

    @Dirty
    she did get an Oscar nomination for it if I remember correctly, and it is her most quoted dramatic role beside the one in THE FIGHTER. I love her ability to be a dramatic and comedic actress like Meryl Streep.

    @Tonkow
    glad you think so

    ReplyDelete
  21. age defying... hmm... tough one. But oh, yes. I love Amy Adams. She's awesome. I esp. liked her in DOUBT and Catch me if you can. So maybe I like her better serious? Nope. Can't wait for the Muppets! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. My vote goes to Marcia Cross :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Leigh
    she is super awesome :) And I can't believe that she is around 40!

    @Gizmo
    nice choice, she's the best of the Desperate Housewives :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amy Adams has done more than I realised. I'm not surprised she won the poll.

    ReplyDelete
  25. 40 plus is age defying. sigh. :) Glad to see there are more to vote for next though!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Amy and even though I gave my vote to Melissa, I can't be anything, but happy she won. I think Amy is super-talented and can't wait to see her breathe life back into the role of Lois Lane. Kate Bosworth sucked all the life right out of the character.

    Age-defying actress would have to be Meryl Streep for me. I have always loved her and I think she always takes the most interesting roles.

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Kelly
    I'm one of those who think you are young at least till 50 :) but you will admit that these ladies, even those with 40 plus look younger than they are :)

    @Melsy
    she will make a legendary Lois Lane, I'm sure, everybody will associate the character with her and Superman with Henry Cavill. I swear, it's like I personally did the casting. You remember that I suggested she should get the role six months before she got it :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ah...Joel Burman's favorite lady ;)

    She was great in Doubt. I still haven't seen enchanted yet...still waiting for it in TV. I haven't watched much her movie to know her real talent.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm proud to say that Amy got her start in a dinner theater in Minnesota, near where I live :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Novia
    she was amazing in DOUBT

    @Flixy
    you should be proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I remember that. :) You should be a casting director, Dezz. You absolutely know what works and what won't.

    ReplyDelete
  32. 'tis a real pity me is not a casting director :(

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.