Saturday, January 30, 2016

NETFLIX ORDERS 'GILMORE GIRLS' FINAL SEASON, CW EPIC 'TRANSYLVANIA' AND MARS SET SERIES. CBS ORDERS 'THE GREAT INDOORS' SITCOM, SKY ONE 'LAST DRAGONSLAYER' EPIC TV MOVIE

'GILMORE GIRLS' GET
FAREWELL SEASON AT NETFLIX
An avalanche of TV news today, lead by the main info that Netflix will officially do a final season of GILMORE GIRLS in the form of four 90 minute TV movies (each set in a different season of the year) with almost all of the original cast returning (lead by Lauren Graham, Scott Patterson and Alexis Bledel)!

NEW CW PILOTS
EPIC 'TRAN SYLVANIA'
CW has ordered two high concept TV series pilots. The first one is one I mentioned before TRANSYLVANIA. Set in the 1880, it centres on a headstrong young woman in search of her missing father who ventures from NYC to Transylvania where she teams up with a wrongfully disgraced Scotland Yard Detective, and together they witness the births of the most famous monsters and villains in history. 
SF MARS SERIES
They have also ordered an untitled MARS sf series pilot written by REIGN's Doris Egan, following a team of explorers who arrive on Mars to join the first human colony on the planet, only to discover that their predecessors have vanished. Led by a woman whose husband is among the missing, the colonists are forced to change their mission from exploration and settlement to investigation and survival, while navigating the hostile planet and their own personal demons!

CBS ORDERS 'THE GREAT INDOORS' TV COMEDY PILOT
CBS has meanwhile ordered a pilot for new multi camera sitcom THE GREAT INDOORS about an adventure reporter who must adapt to the times when he becomes the boss to a group of millennials in the digital department of the magazine
SKY 1 ORDERS 'THE LAST DRAGON SLAYER' EPIC TV MOVIE
Meanwhile, across the sea, British Sky 1 will turn Jasper Fforde's epic fantasy novel THE LAST DRAGONSLAYER into a TV movie set in a world where magic exists in a weakened form, and has been replaced with modern technology - for instance magic carpets are used to deliver pizzas. Better than drones. The story focuses on 15-year-old Jennifer Strange, who runs an employment agency for magicians and finds out that the last dragon is being hunted.

26 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for the GG mini-movie series I could scream with delight!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it wonderful? Especially since the original show creator is doing it. She didn't get to finish it properly when the series ended because she left the show before that and now she will have a chance for proper farewell!

      Delete
  2. Count me in for Transylvania - such a fun concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it is good that it is at CW, because such series at SyFy for example would be a trashy affair :)

      Delete
  3. I know a lot of people who are going to be excited about the Gilmore Girls! I never watched it when it was on, but have since heard rave reviews from friends- so I may start to watch old seasons in time for the final season. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is one of the loveliest series ever, warmth, grace and intelligence were its trade marks and wonderfully written clever lines

      Delete
  4. Transylvania and The Last Dragonslayer grab my attention. Have a great week, Dezz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Transylvania sounds interesting. I've never watched The Gilmore Girls, but it's one of those shows I might binge watch when I get a chance to since I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will really love it. It was one of my fave shows in the teen years

      Delete
  6. I'm thrilled about Gilmore Girls. I loved that show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. should be soooo fun! I'd love to see them in later stages of their lives, Lorelai married with her barkeeper and Rory some successful genius at her granpa's company :)

      Delete
  7. I think my wife watched the previous seasons but I did not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Dance going on over here for Gilmore Girls! The ending was horrible, so I am excited we'll finally get a real one with the original creator!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the ending, did Rory go with Padalecki or that blond guy she was messing with?

      Delete
    2. Neither. She dumped them both to go work on the Obama campaign. I guess she deserves a big slap for helping to get that joker into the White House ;)

      Delete
    3. What? How disgusting! I did not expect that from Rory. Then again, better Osama than that bitch Hilary the essence of all ebil in the world. Did Lorelai at least marry Scott Patterson's character?

      Delete
    4. Anyone BUT Hillary, I say. I don't know why she isn't rotting in a prison cell.

      No, there weren't any wedding bells in the finale, but I suspect that's one event that will happen in this finale.

      Delete
    5. it most certainly must otherwise we shall riot

      Delete
  9. I've never seen the Gilmore Girls even once. I hope that the Mars pilot does well, because it sounds right up my alley. As always, thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mars pilot should be good, it is based on that Raonokke Indian legend

      Delete
  10. The Gilmore Girls... I actually like that series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because of their wise lines

      Delete
    2. I'm not even sure why. I know why I like Charmed, though.

      Delete
    3. because of that vixen Shannen Doherty? Poor lass is batlling cancer I hear :(

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.