Friday, June 22, 2018

ADVENTURE IN 'GAUGUIN: VOYAGE TO TAHITI' TRAILER WITH VINCENT CASSEL AS THE FAMOUS PAINTER AND 'SAVING FLORA' ELEPHANT RESCUE MOVIE

  'GAUGUIN' TRAILER
 IN WHICH VINCENT CASSEL VOYAGES TO TAHITI
The film already played in France last September
This one already played in domestic French cinemas, but is currently playing around Europe and will get limited USA release July 11th! A movie on another famous painter GAUGUIN who is portrayed by famous French star Vincent Cassel in VOYAGE TO TAHITI. The movie is set back in 1891. Gauguin exiles himself in Tahiti. He wants to find his painting, as a free man, as a savage, far from the moral, political and aesthetic codes of civilized Europe. He sinks into the jungle, braving solitude, poverty, sickness. There he will meet Tehura, who will become his wife, and the subject of his greatest canvases.



  'SAVING FLORA' TRAILER
JUSTICE FOR ELEPHANTS!
Flora still does not have a release date
Speaking of adventure, check out the trailer and poster for SAVING FLORA movie which hits Northern American cinemas sometime this year starring Leonor Varela, David Arquette, Tom Arnold.  Flora is a circus elephant who can no longer perform her tricks. The night before she's scheduled to be euthanized, the circus owner's 14-year old daughter, Dawn, sneaks Flora from the circus. All that stands between them and the safety of the elephant preserve is two hundred kilometres of woods, one raging river, two elephant hunters and the fear of not making it.

12 comments:

  1. I'd go to that Paul Gauguin movie if it ever comes to Edmonton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing it might since you're in a Francophone country!

      Delete
  2. Gauguin - a highly controversial figure, but that what makes him and his art an interesting and intriguing movie subject.

    The actors' deep blue eyes on the exotic backround of Tahiti adds charm to the atmosphere of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vincent is probably one of the best French actors

      Delete
    2. Most definitely is! He's one of my favorites.

      Delete
    3. I love him and Vincent Peres and Lambert Wilson

      Delete
  3. I hope the elephant makes it ♥ They are my favorite. How anyone could ever want to hurt one is beyond me. Such intelligent creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't deal with the videos on Facebook when they show torture of elephants... or any other animals.

      Delete
    2. Me either. I think about them for days and days and stress out. On another note, my little birdie died because I couldn't get any wildlife refugee center to call me back. Even though the little bastards eat all of my berries and crap all over my deck, I was devastated when he died. I only had him for 24 hours, but I sure got attached to little "chirp chirp" and cried like a baby when he passed. I just hate to see animals suffering :(

      Delete
    3. poor birdie. Our ZOO here takes care of wounded animals, most of their wild animals are actually the wounded ones which just stayed there even after recovering. I'm sure the birdie is in bird heaven now. One of my cats Simonida died at childbirth two months ago, she just disappeared, but her twin sister Snezhana also had kittens at the same time and brought the two back to my yard, I named them Merlin and Arthur. Ignatius, who I reckon is their father or at least I behave like he is because I need the kids to continue the dynasty of his great grandmother Grozdana the Great, is not happy with their arrival at all, poor bastards.

      Delete
    4. Poor Ignatius having to look after the kiddies lol. You must give him extra treats for his duties!

      Delete
    5. he does not look after them, he ignores them... big time... and keeps to the front yard, he won't even eat with them.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.