Tuesday, January 26, 2016

FIRST PHOTOS FROM PERIOD SET MOVIES 'LOVE & FRIENDSHIP' WITH KATE BECKINSALE, CHLOE SEVIGNY, 'TULIP FEVER' WITH DANE DEHAAN, ALICIA VIKANDER, JUDI DENCH, CHRISTOPH WALZ, MATTHEW MORRISON, JACK O'CONNELL, HOLLIDAY GRAINGER

'LOVE & FRIENDSHIP' PHOTOS
WITH KATE BECKINSALE
It's been an extremely slow week so far in the movie business, so I will entertain you today with something I've dug out recently: the first photos from two of the upcoming period set movies. Starting with the first poster and some photos from Kate Beckinsale's LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP which is premièring at Sundance this month.
Directed by Whit Stillman, and also starring Chloe Sevigny, Stephen Fry and Xavier Samuel, LOVE & FRIENDSHIP, an adaptation of a Jane Austen short story, revolves around beautiful widow Lady Susan Vernon, who has come to the estate of her in-laws to wait out colourful rumours about her dalliances circulating through polite society. While there, she decides to secure a husband for herself and her rather reluctant debutante daughter, Frederica. Two young men, handsome Reginald DeCourcy and wealthy Sir James Martin, severely complicate her plans.

'TULIP FEVER' PHOTOS
ALICIA VIKANDER & CHRISTOPH WALTZ IN STAR STUDDED MOVIE
Meanwhile, another period set movie we've been announcing for what seems at least five years now TULIP FEVER finally has some photos released revealing lead actors Alicia Vikander and Christoph Waltz, and also prince Harry's ex girlfriend Cressida Bonas. Set in 17th century Amsterdam, the adaptation of Deborah Moggach novel, follows an artist (Dane DeHaan) who falls for a married young woman (Alicia Vikander) when he's commissioned to paint her portrait by her husband (Christoph Waltz). The pair then invest in the risky tulip market in the hope of building a future together. Dame Judi Dench also joins the cast together with Matthew Morrison and Tom Hollander, Jack O’Connell, Holliday Grainger. Dench will play the Abbess of St. Ursula’s, a rescuer of orphan children, and Morrison will play a drunken bohemian artist.

45 comments:

  1. Both look like great period pieces. Love the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate Beckinsale is beckoning me... She is a double fox, I tell ya.

    Hello, Dezzmeister! What you got cooking today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always thought it would be fun to be in a movie set in a different time because the costumes would be such fun to wear. What an experience for the actors! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and some of them only star in period set movies

      Delete
  4. A Jane Austen story I had not heard of? Wow. I thought that was a novel fragment, one she didn't complete before her death.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tulip Fever is going to be good. I read the book and loved it. It was fun to learn about the wild speculation on the tulip bulb market and the subsequent crash. Also the movie comes with the "Dench Factor"-an instant success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish it had the original cast. It was originally supposed to star Jude Law but he got older while the movie was waiting for production

      Delete
    2. That's so sad-Jude getting too old to play the part. Happens to all of us though.

      Delete
    3. yes, gone are the dreams that we could play in Twilight remake :)

      Delete
    4. You already sparkle in the sunlight dahlink:0)

      Delete
    5. 'tis because me is dezzling, dear :)

      Delete
  6. I should know that Jane Austen wrote short stories but I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only know because I mentioned the project years ago :) But then again, even though I'm an English lg and literature professor I can't stand Austen

      Delete
  7. I don't think she'd have trouble "securing a husband"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'd really like Tulip Fever, but man! What is with those ugly neck pieces that look like bunched up coffee filters? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between that, corsets and those massive bustles, women were imprisoned by clothes. I'm so glad they finally allowed us to wear trousers.

      Delete
    2. I do believe many of them had shorter lives thanks to fashion and being slaves to it

      Delete
    3. The pressure on their internal organs had to be tremendous for those whalebone corsets.

      Delete
    4. the crazy thing is that so many ladies out there have a fetish of wearing them and even living in them. Beats me how they can handle it, I feel squished even in jeans and prefer my sweatpants :)

      Delete
    5. The shoes for women are just as bad. We end up with spinal and hip damage from the way it throws our posture over. Me, I stick to trainers.

      Delete
    6. did you know that people didn't even have left and right shoe, but just one model for both feet until 18th century or something like that.

      Delete
    7. I don't get women who smash their body in corsets and sky high shoes. I think Allison is going to be one of them though and it drives me nuts. She came hopping down the stairs in some sky high Jessica Simpson heels and skinny jeans, looked me square in the eye and said, "I am going to be the kind of woman who dresses like this every day. High heels and skinny jeans, all day, every day." I like makeup and dressing up every now and again, but doing it every day is not my thing. I don't know where she is getting her fashion sense from! Mariah is complete opposite. Jeans, sneakers, not an ounce of makeup. Hell, half the time she doesn't give a flip if her hair looks decent or not. Two completely opposite kids!

      Delete
    8. which is why Allison will probably have more fun every day :) I only can't stand seeing ladies in platform shoes, that is the ugliest thing I've ever seen!
      Would those happen to be your Jessica Simpson shoes? :)

      Delete
    9. Corsets and sky high shoes... Sounds like a great title of a movie. Who is directing?

      Delete
  9. I'd like to see Love and Friendship.
    Those 'ruffs' look extremely uncomfortable.
    Have a good one, Dez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you just sit all day in them and look pretty and never move :)

      Delete
  10. Also a Kate crush here! Thanks DEZ...

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.