Monday, May 7, 2012

"THE BORGIAS" RENEWED FOR THIRD SEASON! SOFIA VERGARA, AMBER HEARD, JESSICA ALBA, MEL GIBSON IN "MACHETE KILLS"! "300: BATTLE OF ARTEMISIA" EPIC TO BE SHOT IN SERBIA! "THE HULK" REBOOT?

OK, people, this is one of those fave moments of yours when I publish
 an unimportant story only as an excuse to illustrate it with a deadly hot pic too :) I've never seen Robert Rodriguez' MACHETE and I've never liked the likes of him, but the sequel to the film titled MACHETE KILLS has just signed in deadly hot Sofia Vergara (can you believe she has a 20 year old son???). She will play Madame Desdemona, a (very important info) leather-clad mistress whose harlots have information for Machete (Danny Trejo). She has joined a growing cast which also includes Mel Gibson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jessica Alba, Amber Heard ( who will play a conniving assassin named Miss San Antonio)...  I already hear sighs in the Geekdom and Nerdyverse...

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Beside THERESE RAQUIN with Elizabeth Olsen, Oscar Isaacs and Jessica Langue which is currently shooting in PFI studios in Belgrade, another film which will be shoot partly in Serbia is next year's deeply anticipated epic sequel 300: BATTLE OF ARTEMISIA. Sullivan Stapleton, Callan Mulvey, Rodrigo Santoro and Eva Green will shoot part of the epic in Serbia and another part in Bul-
garia. The story follows horrid witch Artemisia (Eva Green) who convinces Persian tyrant Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro) to wage war against the Greeks lead by Themistocles (Sullivan Stapleton). And while AVENGERS are earning their record breaking $200 million at the box offices this weekend (and already $575 million worldwide), Marvel is secretly preparing THE HULK reboot for 2015 with Mark Ruffalo in the lead role.

After the successful start of the second season in April, Showtime has decided to officially order the third run of their popular historical show THE BORGIAS which should start shooting later this summer in Budapest, Hungary (See how many projects are being shot in Hollywood
Spy's headquarters region :) ?) As the series continues to unfold, the greatest existential threat to Alexander's (Jeremy Irons) Papacy may not come from foreign adversaries or ambitious political operatives, but may linger within his most trusted inner circle - his family. The cunning Cesare (Francois Arnaud) engages his dark side;the profligate Juan
 (David Oakes) turns murderous and ostracised by his family; and the increasingly independent Lucrezia (Holiday Grainger) refuses to be a pawn in her family's continued quest for power. As you remember the show won an Emmy for best original title music theme from Trevor Morris and an Emmy for best costumes.
And thank you all for helping HOLLYWOOD SPY get 1,500,000th visitor! It was also HOLLYWOOD SPY's third birthday last week, so there's a way to celebrate :) 

59 comments:

  1. Mel gibson in the machete sequel? That's gonna be weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "weird" should be the title of the film :)

      Delete
  2. I vaguely recall having Machete on in the background while I was on the laptop doing something else. It was not very good! I'm surprised Alba would be in a sequel and Vergara would be in it all, she's so popular...and hot!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she probably needs more movie roles. I'd personally never play in such a movie.

      Delete
  3. Wow, so many milestones. So I am driving all the way here to tell you ......





    thanks for the updates and happy Sunday ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course Sofia Vergara has a 20 year old son. Ever heard of airbrushing? Sheesh, Dez, you don't think those photos are real, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh...I am so over The Borgias. I stopped watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the first season wasn't overly enticing before the 6th episode.

      Delete
  6. She has a 20 year old son? WOW what plastic surgery or having kids really really early can do. The Hulk movie is a secret? Not a very good one. This is the third damn time it's be rebooted, pathetic. I never watched the first Machete either, just seemed rather pointless cut people to pieces thing for no good reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you got the MACHETE right, Cat! Hate such idiotic movies.

      Delete
    2. Yeah but for some reason the studios like the thing or at least some financial backers, not many people even saw the first one. Not even sure why they'd want a sequel. And you said the cat was right! I'll remember that.

      Delete
    3. I think those films usually go well later on on the DVD market, since fanboys like to satisfy themselves watching KILL BILL and similar crap.

      Delete
    4. Yeah that is usually the case with a lot of them, even though they cry about the DVD market being so low in sales. There is another two movies I hated, Kill Bill, not sure what the fuss was about those stupid things.

      Delete
    5. I almost smashed the TV when Uma kills Vivica Fox in front of her daughter and it was all shown as an uber cool scene.

      Delete
    6. We put that movie in the DVD player when our daughter was little and didn't know what it really was. We shut the thing down as soon as we realized what it was. We don't allow slasher films or gorefests in our home.

      I can't have images inside my head that I couldn't stand to live with.

      Delete
    7. I will never understand gorefests and slasher films and people who deeply enjoy them. I think only modern urban population who never actually suffered in reality can enjoy such horrid things.
      I've always thought such films are the first signs of upcoming bad times, anarchy and social apocalypse.

      Delete
    8. Especailly when you have like 50 Saw movies out there, now those things are stupid. Movies just for the sake of chopping people up are dumb, that Hostel one was awful. I don't even bother watching them anymore because they are just pointless.

      Delete
  7. Another Hulk? I like good remakes but sometimes they just over do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, Hulk is what we do not need

      Delete
    2. Baur is right... not another Hulk. Call me a freak for loving the original series. Bill Bixby was the one and only Bruce Banner in my book. Do you remember the music at the end of each episode?

      Delete
    3. P.S. That monkey's got great taste. I don't know about her, though...

      Delete
    4. maybe she likes them hairy :)

      Delete
  8. Note to self: Don't bring up this website with your grandfather in the room. He took a peak, face palmed, and shook his head at me!!! lol!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what? Granpa didn't like Sofia????

      Delete
    2. I'm all flabbergasted :) Maybe granpa prefers Duhamel pics :PPP

      Delete
    3. LOL I think he was more disturbed that I was looking at Sofia!! I swear...I didn't stare all that long...hahahahahaha

      Delete
    4. does granpa know your sexual orientation, sister? Maybe, he got confused :)

      Delete
    5. LOL maybe it was the gorilla that threw him off..haha

      Delete
    6. gorillas scare me too, I must confess... and baboons too!

      Delete
    7. I live across the zoo. I have monkeys for breakfast.

      Delete
    8. I lived across a graveyard, but I didn't eat dead people for breakfast :)

      Delete
  9. Daaaang, why's that hot chick with that monkey? lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have three 20 year old sons and one 20 year old daughter - I guess if i wanted my body to look like THAT, I should have stopped at the first one?

    I loved your comment about how many movies are actually made in Hollywood :)

    I didn't watch Machette, looked pointless in the previews; and I wasn't impressed with 300 (I know, I am probably the only one who didn't like 300). I'm tired of sequels and remakes, I want new movies.

    BTW: how are you feeling Dezzy; the implants woring out?

    .........dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you had quadruplets or are they adopted?
      Hollywood is an expensive location for making movies and here, we have lower prices and better experts and workers :)

      I'm still in bandages but hopefully I will survive :) I'm currently praying that I will stop taking strong antibiotics soon since they do bad things to my stomach :(

      Delete
  11. Those sighs would be from me. I love, love, love Robert Rodriguez and Machete. Sorry, but I am a dark and twisted sister who loves her bloody violent flicks. Hey, at least my violent tendencies only come out with film and book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just don't call me when you go kill bill on someone in your real life :)

      Delete
  12. Sofia does look hot in that pic and I imagine all the men are fantasizing that they're inside the gorilla suit. The movie, not so much my cuppa. I knew The Avengers would do well and I'm not surprised at the earnings.

    I was never a fan of the Hulk comics though. I'm not sure why, but it got on my nerves and I like superhero's but not him. Give me Batman darling!!

    I'm late I know. Hit a bit of a SNAFU of the homefront. Sent you an email dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it darling, will answer later tonight. Was at the doctors this morning and then did a bit of resting later on.

      Delete
    2. I hope you're coping, Dezz. :)

      Delete
  13. I think SV is HILARIOUS! But I don't understand the gorilla shot... Is Machete about King Kong??? And lurv those costumes for The Borgias. *swoon* :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, read the post, I' ve mentioned the film only as an excuse to post Sofia's picture :)

      Delete
  14. Although I usually abhorr reboots, the Hulk is one franchise that has sorely needed it. None of the movies made so far have come even close. Having said that, Mark Ruffalo in The Avengers did a superb job as the Hulk so having him take the role in his own movie is exactly what is needed. Now if we can just get a decent storyline and/or writer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they will hunt down some of the perspective directors, Eric.

      Delete
  15. That pick of Sophia got my blood boiling. Just gorgeous. Wish I was in that gorilla suit!

    I think the Hulk reboot is needed, as they keep messing that franchise up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa miss Vergara... that is amazing that she has a 20 year-old son with a figure like that! No interest in seeing Machete Kills though, not my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and congrats on your impressive 1.5 million visitor, Dezzy. Way to go!

      Delete
    2. thanks, Flixy :)
      Sofia really was born hot as hell.

      Delete
    3. I like the fact that she's funny too. There are a lot of hot Latin ladies in Hollywood but not many has her sense of humor!

      Delete
  17. 1.5 Million! What an accomplishment, and I wish I was that gorilla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) and that's a wish of so many men :)

      Delete
  18. Hmm...her photoshopped ass just doesn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.