Sunday, June 25, 2017

SF SATURDAY: BRAD PITT TO GO 'AD ASTRA' SEARCHING FOR TOMMY LEE JONES IN DEEP SPACE! GEORGE R.R. MARTIN'S 'NIGHTFLYERS' SF SERIES ORDERED AT SYFY

BRAD PITT TO TRAVEL 
 THE SPACE SEARCHING FOR TOMMY LEE JONES IN 'AD ASTRA'
The film starts shooting September
Science fiction Saturday, today: as 'Deadline' is reporting, director James Gray is looking to cast Brad Pitt and Tommy Lee Jones in AD ASTRA sf deep space epic movie in which Brad Pitt would play the slightly autistic space engineer Roy McBride. Twenty years after his father left on a one-way mission to Neptune in order to find signs of extra terrestrial intelligence, McBride travels through the solar system to find him and understand why his mission failed. Tommy Lee Jones would play the missing father. Brad Pitt was previously supposed to star in James Gray's movie The Lost City of Z but he ended up just producing it.

'NIGHTFLYERS' SF SERIES
GETS PILOT ORDER AT SYFY
There's also another sf project that I announced earlier but it has now been greenlit by SyFy! They have officially ordered a pilot for sf series NIGHTFLYERS based on a super natural novella by George R.R.
The writer won't be working on the series
 Martin! SyFy has also picked up Krypton to series. The writer won't be working on the project as he is tied to HBO.
NIGHTFLYERS has the story set in the future on the eve of Earth’s destruction. In the hope of making contact with alien life, eight maverick scientists and a powerful telepath embark on an expedition to the edge of our solar system aboard the Nightflyer, a ship with a small, tight-knit crew and a reclusive captain. But when terrifying and violent events begin to take place, they start to question one another — and surviving the journey proves harder than anyone thought.

14 comments:

  1. I like both Brad Pitt and Tommy Lee Jones, so I'd go see that movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe Brad would go to see you as well :)

      Delete
  2. That's funny - Ad Astra is the name of our annual SF/Fantasy convention. :)

    I'm sad Lost City of Z didn't get a bigger theatrical release (it was a great book), but I'll have to look for it on NetFlix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nothing with RPats should get a bigger theatrical release :)

      Delete
  3. I'm not much of a Pitt fan these days. Seems I haven't enjoyed a movie he's been in for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, he's never actually been much of an actor

      Delete
    2. I do admit, the Ocean's movies are somewhat of a guilty pleasure. Wasn't there supposed to be an all female version of those films?

      Delete
    3. it's sadly in production, the horror of Blanchett being in the same cast with the likes of Rihanna.... makes me wanna hang myself

      Delete
  4. Pitt is back? Good ..interested to see more of him :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ad Astra... I like the sound of that.

    But do tell me... which SF series do you like best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still waiting for someone do to some space opera series. I'm currently watching Dark Matter, but I guess Star Trek Voyager was my fave not the first season, though

      Delete
    2. Dark Matter... I'll go check it out.

      Delete
    3. you will love the android, trust me

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.