Tuesday, September 2, 2014

DAN STEVENS FOR 'ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK' SF REMAKE? 1ST 'KILLJOYS' SF TV SHOW PICTURES WITH LUKE MACFARLANE, AARON ASHMORE! 1ST 'MARCO POLO' EPIC TV SHOW IMAGES WITH LORENZO RICHELMY

DAN STEVENS FOR
'ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK' SF BIG SCREEN REMAKE LEAD ROLE?
According to the latest rumours from Hollywood, DOWNTON ABBEY star Dan Stevens is currently the main contender for the lead role in the remake of ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK! Charlie Hunnam and Jon Bernthal from THE WALKING DEAD are also in the run. The sf classic was set in a future world following convicted bank robber Snake Plissken who is tasked with saving the US president after Air Force One crashlands in Manhattan, which is now a maximum-security prison. Rumour has it that the producers will try to develop strong characters in the form of co-leads with possible sequels in mind. Some of them will include schizophrenic travel guide Cabbie, war journalist Mina, presidential security detail survivor Gareth and Snake's former crime partner Brain.

1ST 'KILLJOYS' SF SHOW IMAGE
LUKE MACFARLANE AS INTER- GALACTIC BOUNTY HUNTER
First image revealing the cast has been released for SyFy's upcoming sf series KILLJOYS which follows a fun-loving, hard living trio of interplanetary bounty hunters sworn to remain impartial as they chase deadly warrants throughout the Quad, a distant system on the brink of a bloody, multiplanetary class war. Luke Macfarlane plays a dashing tactician and an expert fighter, Aaron Ashmore is a kindhearted peacemaker who hates conflict, while Hannah John Kamen is a flirtatious but beloved member of the team.

1ST 'MARCO POLO' EPIC TV SHOW
PICS WITH LORENZO RICHELMY
Sometime ago I've shown you the first set pictures from Netflix historical adventure series MARCO POLO but now we have the official ones. The series, produced by the Weinstein company, will have all of it's ten episodes available for viewing at Netflix from December 12th! You can now see the first images of Italian actor Lorenzo Richelmy as the famed explorer whose journey takes him to the  centre of a brutal war in 13th century China, a world replete with exotic  martial arts, political skulduggery, spectacular battles and sexual intrigue. Benedict Wong (PROMETHEUS), Zhu Zhu (CLOUD ATLAS), Tom Wu (SKYFALL), Remy Hii (TREADING WATER) and Rick Yune (OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN, THE FAST AND THE  FURIOUS) are also in the cast of the ten episode series which will be released at Netflix at the end of the year!

48 comments:

  1. Darling, your post did not update on my blogroll. Blogger may be having another brain fart.

    Netflix has done some pretty good shows this past year and I look forward to Marco Polo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It often happens at your place, dahlink, Blogger has you on their black list :)))
      I hope we get MARCO POLO trailer soon!

      Delete
    2. I have been cursed by Lord Google himself.

      Delete
    3. you can be the leader of the underground resistance, dahlink....

      Delete
  2. Well, not really on topic with anything at all, but I like that sweater that Dan Stevens is wearing in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot they were making a Marco Polo show. I'll have to get that on my radar. I'd like to see that. And I can watch it! I have Netflix! Yay! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay for the Netflix... not that me has it....

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I am still in catch up mode. It's Tuesday as I write this comment but still feels like Monday or Sunday to me. I'm all thrown off.

      But that's okay, I'm just thrilled to be fully back online again.

      Hope your day is going well.

      Delete
    2. which means your computer is back in working mode :)

      Delete
    3. I did a bunch of research and found the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 really fit what I wanted to do in the kitchen. So Tim bought it as my Halloween gift. Along with the killer Logitech bluetooth keyboard and cover.

      I can use it for my food writing, videos for testing, photos for formulas, writing and then social media as well as watch TGBBO (just not the knew one).

      This is such a fun toy but yes, to answer your questions, yeppers, I am back.

      Delete
    4. One day I will buy one of those too.... just to have internet access when I'm not close to my desktop computer....

      Delete
  5. Killjoys sounds fun! Hope the cast has good chemistry :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Dan Stevens. Wish he never left Downton Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think leaving did him good, he looks ten times better now :)

      Delete
  7. I don't think I ever saw the original Escape from New York, although I think I saw a sequel at some point?

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I looooooove temakes. You know I do. Marco Polo had better be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what kind of series do you watch, Blue? Do you ever watch them? What are your faves?

      Delete
    2. I'm not a fan of series. Because the acting is shit, repetitive, unoriginal and interchangeable. That said, I did like The Sarah Conner Chronicles. But then I love cold machines.

      Delete
    3. oooh, you're so wrong, TV has changed so much over the years... all the best stories and best of actors are on TV these days...

      Delete
    4. Maybe on your TV.... Not on my TV. No, sir. All that walking down a hallway and giving me exposition that I've heard a million times before, or people solving a mystery in a one-minute conversation. No, thank you. I'd rather watch Debby Does Dallas than The King of something or the Mentalist season 7.... Maybe.

      Delete
    5. but that is only because you don't follow Dezzy's advice on what to watch... I don't do detective, crime, police, law, medical crap either....
      I fell in love with GUYS WITH KIDS and BABY DADDY this summer, and with THE MILL, THE VILLAGE and CRIMSON FIELD

      Delete
  9. might be the next big Netflix hit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great. Another movie about saving the president. I think if it were true life, at this point, most of us wouldn't bother coming to the rescue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I'd be the first not to come :)

      Delete
    2. Hahaha! I think you'd have to get in line. One has been forming here to be the first not to come to the rescue since that jackass started royally f'ing things up not long after being sworn in.

      Delete
    3. having in mind that I was personally bombed by US presidents, and that my homecountry was savaged, ravaged and destroyed by other US presidents, me should be the first in the angry line :)

      Delete
  11. I can't recall watching anything about Marco Polo. It should be interesting. I need to watch the first Escape from New York.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there was a mini series on him a few years ago with Ian Somerhalder

      Delete
  12. So is ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK going to be more of a buddy film, instead of the lone wolf like the original?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another Escape From NY, heh? It will be interesting to see who gets that lead.

    Marco Polo is a fascination for me. Maybe its all those furs I see in the promo pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it - Manhattan as a high security prison. Yep. All you need to do is put some high barbed wire security fences around it, and it's a prison! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marco Polo looks very promesing, And those SciFi bounty hunters maybe to, if they don't get "LOST" with Luke! ;-)

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall keep our fingers crossed for both series!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.