Sunday, August 31, 2014

SF SUNDAY: FUTURISTIC VEHICLES IN MICHAEL BAY'S 'COSMIC MOTORS' SF MOVIE! '400 DAYS' SF FILM WITH BRANDON ROUTH, BEN FELDMAN, TOM CAVANAGH! SLEEPLESS WORLD IN FOX 'NOD' SF SHOW! LUKE KLEINTANK IN 'MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE' SF SERIES

'400 DAYS' SF MOVIE WITH
BRANDON ROUTH, BEN FELDMAN, TOM CAVANAGH, GRANT BOWLER
We're having sf Sunday today at HOLLYWOOD SPY, people, starting with the sf news coming from Content Film which has acquired sf movie 400 DAYS which is currently in postproduction with the release planned for next summer. Starring Brandon Routh, Caity Lotz, Dane Cook, Ben Feldman, Tom Cavanagh, and Grant Bowler this Matt Osterman directed film revolves around a space crew sent on an extended simulated mission to a distant planet only to discover the simulation is all too real. We might  expect a trailer soon since Content Film plans to sell the movie at Toronto Film Festival next month according to 'Deadline'! 

SLEEPLESS WORLD IN 
FOX'S NEW SF SERIES 'NOD'
In TV news, Fox will develop new science fiction series NOD which, based on Adrian Barnes' novel, explores a world were most humans can no longer sleep with scientists at a complete loss to explain why! In the centre of the story will be an "inter-somnial" couple - Tanya, who can go without sleep, and Paul, who has yet to shake the altered consciousness.
LUKE KLEINTANK IN 'MAN IN HIGH CASTLE'
And Amazon's sf series pilot THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE has the first cast member. Luke Kleintank will star in the adaptation of Phillip K. Dick's story about an alternative reality in which Nazi Germany and Japan won World War II and occupy the United States, with the East Coast controlled by the Nazis and the West Coast owned by Japan, and a chunk of the Midwest still up for grabs! Luke will play a member of America resistance.

MICHAEL BAY TO DEVELOP
COSMIC MOTORS SF MOVIE
Meanwhile, Michael Bay plans to develop Daniel Simon's concept art book COSMIC MOTORS into a sf movie. The book features concepts of stunning cars and vehicles from a planet Galaxion where futuristic concepts exist in everyday life. Nine different spaceships, pods, race cars, giant trains, warships and balloons from various planets of the Galaxion system are shown from concept to completion.

33 comments:

  1. We know I am excited about The Man in the High Castle.

    Bay's thing has a classic Pulp look to it. Moi loves spaceships, but there must be a good story to go with the visuals. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I started reading THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE two weeks ago, but threw the book against the wall in anger because the translation into Serbian was so godawful :(

      Bay will probably try to make new TRANSFORMERS meets FAST AND FURIOUS franchise :)

      Delete
    2. If you had been around when the book was written, your translation would have been better.

      Feck, I hate Transformers and Fast and Furious. What a waste of cool sci-fi.

      Delete
    3. This was a rather fresh translation, dear, only a few years old... we have a huge problem with the quality of everything here in my country :(

      Delete
  2. Hey Dezzy ~ I need to keep up with the SF news ~ Those futuristic cars look so cool ~ Hope you are well ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love sf almost as much as we love historical genre :)

      Delete
  3. My stepdaughter had a Drop Dead Diva marathon one weekend when she was with us and I kept thinking that Ben Feldman guy looked like Scott Baio during his popular years. Is it just me? Then I saw him on Mad Men and now he's on a new TV series...so it looks like his career is going places, but I'll always see the Scott Baio thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Baio, so I had to google him.... I liked Feldman a lot in LIVING WITH FRAN... and he is also awfully charming. Hope his A TO Z becomes a hit sitcom next season.

      Delete
  4. I think I would quite like COSMIC MOTORS. I'm always intrigued by the imaginations of those who write SF. Because nearly always, their ideas come to fruition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and sometimes they don't guess the years right :) Like in STARTREK... they used mobile phones there even though the show was set hundreds of years into the future :))))

      Delete
    2. Yep, they have extraordinary imaginations alright!

      Delete
  5. People shouldn't give Michael Bay another franchise to ruin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look cool, Dez. I love scifi so I'll be on the lookout for them when they come to theatres :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do so wish that we finally get a proper sf show on TV

      Delete
  7. Knock knock.

    Who's there?

    The man.

    What man?

    Mandy.

    Hey, Dezzzzzz.... How's life besides depressingly depressing and horrendously horrible? I woke up this morning thinking Shit, I hate this life but now I'm thinking I feel good. That said... I think Brandon Routh was a good Superman, but the movie itself sucked gallons. Could've been worse, though: Michael Bay could've made that reboot. (Oh I hate that word.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heaps of poo over here.... my heart pills widen the blood vessels in my body, and my nose too which means I'm more prone to pollen allergies, and that is not a good side effect....

      Delete
    2. Dear Lord... Any good news? I've so come to realize money is important but being healthy is at the top of my list :(

      Delete
    3. and when you have neither of those... that's the worst....

      Delete
    4. Exactly. So the next person to tell me money doesn't make me hapy gets to pay all of my bills.

      Delete
    5. exactly! With no health as it is, some nice money would really make this lil' spy happy....

      Delete
    6. no plan, that is why we're so helpless and depressed :( Destiny seems to thwart all my plans in life.... I wish I could move to another country.... but I don't have any relatives abroad...

      Delete
  8. Nod sounds interesting. The thought of being unable to sleep is just scary ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so to when I read the news.... I just can't even imagine the horror....

      Delete
  9. Well, I live in the Midwest. Not sure which of the two evils I would prefer to take over. I'd probably just kill myself if it came down to that.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.