Friday, August 1, 2014

FIRST 'INTO THE WOODS' FANTASY MUSICAL TRAILER WITH MERYL STREEP, EMILY BLUNT, JOHNNY DEPP, CHRIS PINE! HARRY SHUM IN 'CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON 2 GREEN DESTINY'! 'DAY THE CRAYONS QUIT' MOVIE ADAPTATION

HARRY SHUM JR JOINS
CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON 2 THE GREEN DESTINY
You already know that The Weinstein Company is preparing CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON 2 - THE GREEN DESTINY epic sequel which will have Michelle Yeoh and Donnie Yen in the lead roles. Our new update is that they have found their third (out of four) lead actor in GLEE's Harry Shum Jr.  Set 20 years after the original film the second movie will follow four martial arts masters, Silent Wolf (Donnie Yen), Yu Shu-lien (Michelle Yeoh), Tie-Fang (Harry Shum Jr) and Snow Vase, who band together to stop the villainous Hades Dai from obtaining a legendary sword known as the Green Destiny. Ziyi Zhang, who had the lead role in the first movie, will now appear in flashbacks.

THE DAY THE CRAYONS QUIT
GETS MOVIE ADAPTATION
In rather delightful news from 'Deadline' Universal has bought the movie rights on bestselling picture book THE DAY THE CRAYONS QUIT by Drew Daywalt which tells the story of a box of crayons whose inhabitants decide to go on strike after growing sick and tired of how they’re being used. Among the lead characters are a white crayon with an existential crisis because he doesn’t show up on white paper, a black crayon who longs to colour a rainbow or a beach ball, and a pink crayon who is fed up with colouring nothing but princess dresses.

'INTO THE WOODS' FIRST TRAILER
WITH MERYL STREEP, EMILY BLUNT, JOHNNY DEPP, CHRIS PINE
Tones of new pictures from Disney's fairy tale musical movie INTO THE WOODS have been released showing most of the characters which will come onto the big screens this Christmas and you can check out the beautiful magical trailer below too! This fantasy adventure follows James Corden and Emily Blunt as a poor baker and his wife who are under a curse and cannot have children and in order to break  the evil witch's curse they have to venture INTO THE WOODS and gather different objects from famous fairy tale characters. In the movie, based on the famous musical and directed by Rob Marshall, the stellar cast includes Meryl Streep as the evil witch who demands from the baker to gather four magical elements, a lock of Rapunzel's hair, milk from a magic cow, Red Riding Hood's cape and one of Cinderella's slippers, Johnny Depp is the Big Bad Wolf who squares off with the Little Red Riding Hood, Anna Kendrick is Cinderella with Chris Pine playing her Prince Charming, while Lucy Punch, Christine Baranski and Tammy Blanchard are her stepmother  and her stepsisters. Mackenzie Mauzy is Rapunzel who's waiting for her prince to arrive (played by Billy Magnussen). Tracey Ulman  plays mother of Jack who is about to sell their cow for a magical bean. All the stars will sing in the movie and will have their songs (according to the first rumours from the production team Meryl Streep and Chris Pine have the most magical voices).

36 comments:

  1. That first pic caught my attention.

    I've been meaning to read that picture book. It's cool that it's being made into a movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you clicked on it to see him bigger :)

      Delete
  2. Into the Woods was a Broadway musical, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to come back later and watch this on a the other computer. Not sure if you saw my next question to you, but I'm in the market for a rum that will work nicely in a bake, but that won't break the bank. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are different kinds of rum? :)) We only have one kind here... I know it doesn't usually work well for me in baking (the taste disappears in the oven) so I put it in my icings. And I always use the real booze, not the aroma or essence of it... Always have one or two lil' bottles of it in my pantry

      Delete
    2. That's what I want to use the real deal. I'm not a fan of the fake extracts. Icksville City.

      PS: I believe there are, but I'm not 100%, since I don't drink or bake/cook with alcohol.

      Delete
    3. I think I've heard of a white rum too once... we must go to Jamaica to investigate :)

      Delete
  4. "Into the Woods" looks terrific! And Tracey Ullman will rock, I'm sure, playing Jack's nagging, shrewish Mom who will berate him for his stupidity at business.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for Into the Woods. Love it. And I like how they don't show the wolf in the trailer. Just a glimpse at Johnny Depp's hairy paw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just same old Depp under tones of make up and probably a weird hat....

      Delete
  6. with all the fairy tale movies out I'm sure that Into the Woods will do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure will especially since it comes out at Christmas

      Delete
  7. I've heard of the book The Day the Crayons Quit and I think it would make a really fun movie; I'd watch it! And I'd love to see Into the Woods as well. I love fairy tales :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if the movie will be CGI or animated, could be really fun because I really like the fun plot of it

      Delete
  8. looks like a interesting movie, hope it's good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fingers crossed, I'm afraid it might be a bit without soul since it's directed by Rob Marshall who is cold as polar bear's bum...

      Delete
  9. Christine Baranski as Cinderella's stepmother, haha! I love this actress in The Good Wife and I'm sure I'll love her in that totally different style. I just feel like such a scenario existed in the past though, I must find the title.
    The Crayons movie seems cute indeed, but I guess it reveals a lot about our society... Or maybe it doesn't, we'll see ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the crayon movie will have a lovely message

      Delete
  10. Oh my gosh. I've got to see Into The Woods. Doen't Chris Pine look delightful?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Should have known Johnny Depp would be in INTO THE WOODS. Looks like a fun movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and as soon as you saw a hat you knew it was him...

      Delete
  12. We saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night and Into the Woods was one of the trailers. Looks fun and what a cast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. CHRIS PINE SINGS?! I think I just died a little. CAN'T WAIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, Yes, Yes! Into The Woods is definitely one I will be thrilled to see. Jason is a doofus, so he won't go to a musical, but I know my girls will get a kick out of it as much as I will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. should be a superfun family event :) Tell Jason that Emily Blunt is in it :)

      Delete
    2. He doesn't care about Emily. Now, if Sophia Vergara were in it, he'd have the tickets in hand already lol.

      Delete
    3. but but but Emily is so perdy....

      Delete
    4. I thought you said Theresa was perdy! You did! You did!

      Delete
    5. she's purdy, Emily is perdy :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.