Wednesday, August 20, 2014

TOM RILEY, MATTHEW GOODE, BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH, JIM BROADBENT TO LEND VOICES IN 'MAGIK' ANIMATED FANTASY ADVENTURE! LIFETIME'S 'DELIVERANCE CREEK' HISTORICAL SHOW POSTERS AND TRAILER

'MAGIK' ANIMATED FILM GETS
TOM RILEY, MATTHEW GOODE, BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH
In news from the animated genre today, Canadian animated movie MAGIK, scheduled for Christmas 2016 release, is gathering quite a stellar voice cast: DA VINCI'S DEMONS' Tom Riley, Benedict Cumberbatch, Matthew Goode, Samantha Morton, Jim Broadbent, will all give their voices to the animated characters in the $40 million fantasy movie about Lewis Clark who is a brilliant author who stumbles upon a world of Magic after the disappearance of his two young children. He begins a quest to try to stop the insidious evil that threatens to destroy both his new world and his old one.

DELIVERANCE CREEK
NEW HISTORICAL TV SHOW

When it comes to television updates, today you can check out first character posters and the first trailer for Lifetime's upcoming  historical action series DELIVERANCE CREEK which arrives into the small screens September 13th! Directed by Jon Amiel (TUDORS, BORGIAS, ONCE UPON A TIME), and produced by famous writer Nicholas Sparks, the story of the new series will be set at the end of the Civil War, following a widowed mother of tree kids Belle Gatlin Barlowe (Lauren Ambrose) who faces uncertainty as she attempts to defend her family's land by any means necessary. When the corrupt bank that runs their town pushes Belle into becoming an outlaw, the stakes become personal, setting off a chain of events that force her to question whether it's better to be good or to survive. Wes Ramsey, always wonderful Christopher Backus, Joel Johnstone, Riley Smith, Skeet Ulrich also star!

32 comments:

  1. I know there are words in this blog post, but all I could see was Benedict Cumberbatch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I was thinking of not posting his pic today.....

      Delete
    2. he looks similar to his role in Atonement

      Delete
    3. I forgot he was in that one... but I generally forget his roles quickly :)

      Delete
  2. DELIVERANCE CREEK... looks good and i am not a fan of westerns. so yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAGIC sounds my kinda film. Especially with the dulcet tones of both BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH AND JIM BROADBENT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Broadbent is one of my all time fave actors.... always such a bliss to watch

      Delete
    2. I will forever adore his role in MOULIN ROUGE... absolute delight

      Delete
    3. Even I like that movie and I'm a blue cowboy. No, not rouge... blue. Hello!

      Delete
    4. Too bad Nicole didn't sing TRUE BLUE in that one.....

      Delete
    5. Ah... Nicole. Would that have required a mic?

      Delete
  4. Hmmm...a Nicholas Sparks TV series. That sounds different. I don't think he's tackled westerns before, has he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not that I know... but I don't know much about it :) And I have to give a shoutout to wonderful Christopher Backus from the show's cast who just gave us a retweet!

      Delete
  5. I liked Lauren Ambrose in "Six Feet Under" -- nice to see her in a new series. I'm sure she'll be terrific in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm especially looking forward to see what Chris Backus does with his role and Wes Ramsey too

      Delete
  6. Deliverance Creek looks pretty intense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we're keeping our fingers crossed... the cast is very nice, a number of them have tweeted about our post so we're wishing them all the luck with the new show :)

      Delete
  7. Magik = Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Riley....

    Oh I do like it here :) I get to find out about all the cool things I can watch. I'm starting a Desmond list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're enjoying your visits to the House of Dezmond :)

      Delete
    2. PS I've left a couple of comments at your place, but I'm not sure if your site is publishing them :)

      Delete
    3. Jules! Oh Dezzz isn't she one hell of a lady? And we mean that in a good way.

      Delete
    4. yep, her site seems to hate my comments :) and feeds on them....

      Delete
    5. Just let her know. I had the same problem until a week ago.

      Delete
    6. I told her here many times....

      Delete
  8. DELIVERANCE CREEK looks promising.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I haven't seen Lauren Ambrose in anything since 6 Feet Under. I really like her in that. Deliverance Creek sounds like one I could really get into!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.