Friday, August 29, 2014

IS CHARLIE HUNNAM GUY RITCHIE'S KING ARTHUR IN 'KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE'? JAMIE DORNAN IN '9TH LIFE OF LOUIS DRAX'! HUGH GRANT GOES ROMANTIC AGAIN IN 'THE REWRITE' TRAILER

IS CHARLIE HUNNAM
GUY RITCHIE'S 'KING ARTHUR'?
I'm not liking this, people: even though a few weeks ago I reported that Guy Ritchie would like Irish hunk Jamie Dornan for the lead in his six movies franchise KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR, now the word is that PACIFIC RIM's Charlie Hunnam, the man who was sacked from 50 SHADES OF GRAY before Dornan took the lead, is in final negotiations to play the medieval king of Camelot. It was earlier revealed that Idris Elba will play Bedever, Arthur's teacher in all things royal.

DID YOU KNOW?
The movie, which is scheduled for summer 2016, is the last in the series of similar epic projects which tried to bring the legend back onto the big screens. Warner Bros. was planning to make ARTHUR AND LANCELOT with Kit Harington and Joel Kinnaman, and there was also a project in which the king was supposed to be played by Colin Farrell with Gary Oldman as Merlin.

JAMIE DORNAN IS THE LEAD IN
THE 9TH LIFE OF LOUIS DRAX
If you're a fan of handsome and deeply charismatic Jamie Dornan do not despair: he might not end up surrounded by mists of Avalon, but he has another gig to take on. He will star in THE 9TH LIFE OF LOUIS DRAX a psychological thriller to be directed by Alexandre Aya (THE HILLS HAVE EYES). In the film based on Liz Jensen's bestselling novel, the story begins on Louis Drax's 9th birthday, when he suffers a near-fatal fall. In order to reveal the strange circumstances surrounding the young boy's accident - Dr. Allan Pascal (Jamie Dornan) is drawn into a thrilling mystery, testing the boundaries of fantasy and reality.

'THE REWRITE' TRAILER
HUGH GRANT AND MARISA TOMEI
The first trailer has been released for Hugh Grant's new romantic comedy THE REWRITE which also stars Marisa Tomei. In the film, which comes out in UK this October, Hugh  is seen playing a washed-up screenwriter who gets a job teaching at a local university. He is divorced, poor and fast-approaching 50. When his agent gets him a job teaching a screenwriting course at a university in Binghamton, he meets single mum Holly (Marisa Tomei), who is also in need of a second chance. The movie is helmed by Marc Lawrence who already worked with Hugh on MUSIC AND LYRICS and TWO WEEKS NOTICE.

40 comments:

  1. Definitely want to see The Rewrite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. should be a fun one, I'm not a fan of Hugh's but his movies are often very nice to watch!

      Delete
  2. Another movie about King Arthur? Let it come!
    Seems to be that sunday evening will become my TV evening. First season of Black sails and Vikings! Beer and snacks ready!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Sunday evenings to catch up on my shows too, Peter :) Currently watching OUTLANDER, LAST SHIP, THE VILLAGE, THE MILL, UNDATEABLE, YOUNG AND HUNGRY and GUYS WITH KIDS.

      Delete
  3. I'm okay with Charlie Hunnam as Arthur. Ooh, and Idris Elba too. I'll watch it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably pass on it with that cast.... methinks I loved the idea of Jamie, Kit or Joel as Arthur too much...

      Delete
  4. I see half-naked men. Not too shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the line, "So you're trying to fill some spiritual void with alcohol and women?" in The Rewrite. Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suppose that Hunnam is a bit more rugged and less pretty boy though, more suited to a King Arthur look. I can't believe these Hollywood people mess you around like this Dezzmond.
    I've never been too sure if I like Hugh Grant or not...he's very samey and a little too posh by nextdoor for me but...there is something and the trailer seems quite funny. I will give that a shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, Hugh never did it for me, either... not sure why exactly... but his movies are usually nice

      Delete
  7. I gave you a double 'ZED' there just for Hollywood purposes, you understand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Six movie franchise? Don't see too many of those these days. Hope they make it. Quite a fan of King Arthur :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing it will never happen... Guy Ritchie's hopeful dreams :)... I mean the man dreamt of Madonna as a lovely wife :)

      Delete
  9. The Hugh Grant movie sounds more interesting to me. That probably means I'm approaching the Golden Girls/Murder She Wrote generation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now there's a scrummy photo of Charlie. Thanks for the treat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know you are a huge Jamie Dornan fan, Dezzy but my God, I could eat Charlie up! He is mighty F-I-N-E! Probably one of the only things that could get me to watch anything from Guy Ritchie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, Charlie always looked to me like he sleeps in a dumpster :) But we've already established that you like them like that :)))

      Delete
    2. Ahhahaha! Imagine all the shower fun one can have cleaning up those scruffy boys though. I'll take a good hearted bad boy over a pretty boy any day ;)

      Delete
    3. ah, you see, my philosophy is better, because I prefer them clean and then going dirty on them :)

      Delete
  12. He'd make a good King Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think Hugh Grant is getting a bit long in the tooth to keep playing a lovable scamp.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd like to see British actors in an Arthur remake. Tom Hiddleston would be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that would be my casting choice too, Brits have so many outstanding actors... no need to bring Americans there....

      Delete
  15. Would you be shocked to learn I love Marisa Tomei? I quote... "A deer."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So shocked that I fell of my chair :)

      Delete
    2. Yep, I love her... um.... voice. Yeah, that's it. And as for King Arthur and Charlie Hunnam being in it... I'm not liking this either. Pacific Rim was the most ridiculous movie I'd seen in a long time...

      Delete
    3. right, and no other direction

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.