Friday, April 19, 2019

SAM CLAFLIN, OLIVIA MUNN, FREIDA PINTO, ELEANOR TOMLINSON IN LOVE, WEDDING, REPEAT ROMANTIC COMEDY! DAVID THEWLIS TO LEAD NAT GEO'S NEW FRANCE 17TH CENTURY EPIC SERIES BARKSKINS

'LOVE, WEDDING, REPEAT'
SAM CLAFLIN, FREIDA PINTO, OLIVIA MUNN MOVING TO ROME
Sam Claflin will take the male lead!
Well, this will be quite a cute cast indeed: Deadline reports that our favourite British star Sam Claflin is joining Rome set romantic comedy movie LOVE, WEDDING, REPEAT together with Freida Pinto, Eleanor Tomlinson and Olivia Munn. Joel Fry, Allan Mustafa, Jack Farthing and Tim Key will also appear in the film! 

The main protagonist of the romantic movie is Jack who finds himself juggling brotherly duties to ensure his sister Hayley has the wedding of her dreams while unexpectedly being reunited with Dina (Olivia Munn), the woman he fell in love with and lost two years ago.
Freida Pinto and Olivia Munn will star in the romantic comedy as well
Fate lends a hand when the wedding seating is re-arranged. It will be an English Language remake of French wedding comedy 'Plan de Table'!

'BARKSKINS' NEW EPIC SAGA
DAVID THEWLIS TO LEAD AT NAT
The series will be based on Annie Proulx book
GEO
Another potentially very interesting period set series for us: David Thewlis has been cast as the lead star of BARKSKINS a new historical drama set to air at National Geographic's 172 channels around the world next year! 

Based on a book by Pulitzer Prize winning author  Annie Proulx, it follows a disparate group of outcasts who must navigate the brutal hardships, competing interests, and tangled loyalties at the crossroads of civilization— 1600s New France, where the war to escape their past and re-make themselves is cast against the vast and unforgiving wilds of North
British thespian David Thewlis will take the lead role in the new epic series
America. David Thewlis will be Monsieur Claude Trepagny, a wealthy landowner with grand visions for New France.

12 comments:

  1. Hey, I am in the midst of reading "Barkskins" right now! (I love Annie Proulx as an author!) So I'm thrilled to hear of the coming mini-series. It's really good but a huge book, one of those sweeping historical epics. I've just finished the New France part about the original characters and am now moving on to the next part about their children. I'm such a slow reader now that I expect it will be darn near the only book I will read in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love me sweeping epics, I must see if anyone has translated her here, maybe one of my publishers would want to cover her if nobody did already.

      Delete
  2. I'm off my game. I only recognize Olivia Munn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty cast, indeed! Where has Sam been lately, or have I just been so out of it I've missed some of his works? I think Olivia Munn is just as cute as a button. This will be a nice fluff movie for me to watch when the family is out of the house for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He made a short break because he and Laura got another baby, but he did star in Peaky Blinders, Adrift and he is apparently starring in new Charlie's Angels, although I think that is a wrong move for him, he needs to move back to UK and do BBC period set dramas, or he needs a superhero role, which I don' want to happen. I think he should move to TV, America would welcome him with open arms, maybe a role in new LOTR series or something massive like that.

      Delete
    2. Oooh, we would most definitely welcome him into our homes weekly on a tv series! I hope he doesn't do superhero films, as they just aren't my cuppa.

      Delete
    3. I wish him and his gorgeous wife all the best as they are my cutie pies in the celebrity world!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.