Tuesday, April 30, 2019

NEW BBC AND NETFLIX EPIC TV SERIES ON COUNT DRACULA STARTS PRODUCTION AND FINDS NEW CAST MEMBERS!

 BBC'S 'DRACULA' SERIES 
SINKS ITS TEETH INTO NEW CAST
Claes Bang is taking the lead role of Dracula
BBC One's three part period set mini television series on infamous count DRACULA, which is currently filming over in Great Britain, has just added a few more names to its cast! Claes Bang has been previously announced as the count himself together with always lovely John Heffernan, Joanna Scanlan, Dolly Wells, Morfydd Clark, Lujza Richter and Mark Gatiss, and now they're also joined by Jonathan Aris, Sacha Dhawan, Nathan Stewart Jarrett, Catherine Schell, Youssef Kerkour and Clive Russell

 DRAC VS VICTORIAN LONDON
The series, which already had some scenes shot in Slovakia,  is set in Transylvania in 1897, where the blood drinking Count Vlad is drawing his
Jonathan Aris, Sacha Dhawan and John Heffernan have joined the cast
plans against Victorian London. As the producers say, hell has a new boss! Netflix will air the three 90 minute episode saga around the world with BBC airing it in UK and Ireland!

23 comments:

  1. I read the Norton annotated edition of Dracula a couple of months ago. That's one scary book. As for the movies and TV shows, I don't know... I think they're missing the point. Just my no-so-humble 50 cents.

    How are you today, Dezzzmeister?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only one I liked was the historical one with Luke Evans, about real Vlad Tepes who loved to butcher Ottomans... rightfully so!

      Delete
    2. P.S. Some of my colleagues (70%) are vampired too. Now ask me why.

      Dezzz: Why?

      Blue: Because the suck.

      Dezzz: Isn't that a good thing?

      Blue: Um.

      Delete
    3. You should've known better....

      Delete
  2. I think (not totally sure) both the novelist Bram Stoker and the TV producers play it 'politically correct' regarding the physical spot of Dracula's headquarters - that is near the city of Brasov, Romania.

    There's constant tension between the romanians and the hungarians, and the Dracula TV people probably refuse to get identified with either side. (Brasov area is in Transilvania - a region heavily populated with romanians of hungarian descent.
    So, no real mention of the Bran Castle and other places related to Dracula in the area.
    I might be wrong. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in my country Vlad's always been a Romanian historical person... one we even view with great affection as he fought steadfastly against the evil Ottomans just like we did too. But we generally love Romanians as their country is the only neighbouring one that never really attacked us. You even gave us a few queens for our kings :) Some of them were quite beloved among the people. Hungarians only have that Countess Batorry, who was a sort of a female vampire. It is interesting, though, that the word VAMPIRE went into English from Serbian :)

      Delete
  3. I'm sure if all else fails, it will be visually beautiful. At least, I hope it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hasn't Dracula been done to death? (Yes, you may groan)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has, I don't think BBC would have accepted this project if it wasn't written by Gattis who has connections.

      Delete
    2. That's true. Mark Gattis is certainly "king of the hill" these days.

      Delete
    3. Wish we've had connections too!

      Delete
    4. "Hasn't Dracula been done to death?" Still a good one.

      Delete
  5. I think I will like this one...I am hopelessly watching Discovery Of Witches now. I am sad to admit that I am most likely the only person around watching ShadowHunters. But I can’t seem to stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Discovery of Witches would have been nice if it wasn't for that ghastly terrible lead actress, my, my, never seen such absence of talent in literally every scene. I'm, sadly, the Shadowhunter translator here in my country and I'm currently suffering through 1000 pages of the latest book!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.