Friday, April 26, 2019

CHRISTIAN COOKE, JAMES BLOOR JOIN DAVID THEWLIS IN NAT GEO'S NEW EPIC TV SERIES BARKSKINS SET IN 17TH CENTURY NEW FRANCE!

'BARKSKINS' EPIC SERIES
HIRES CHRISTIAN COOKE AND JAMES BLOOR AS WOOD CUTTERS
Earlier this week your spy has informed you that National Geographic is turning BARKSKINS historical novel into new TV series with David
We've seen Christian Cooke in Ordeal by Innocence
Thewlis leading the cast, and now they've added two more names: Christian Cooke and James Bloor. It is based on Annie Proulx novel which spans over 300 years: It chronicles the deforestation of the New World from the arrival of Europeans into the contemporary era of global warming through the stories of two immigrants to New France, RenĂ© Sel (Christian Cooke) and Charles Duquet (James Bloor), who work as wood cutters — BARKSKINS — and of their descendants. RenĂ© Sel is a strong
James Bloor starred in The Pagan King epic movie
willed, morally sound indentured servant, signed to Monsieur Claude Trepagny (Thewlis), a wealthy landowner with grand visions for New France. Duquet is a scrappy, industrious scoundrel, also signed to servitude under Trepagny.

BARKSKINS
will start shooting later this year to air next year in more than 170 countries around the world  following a disparate group of outcasts who must navigate the brutal hardships, competing interests, and tangled loyalties at the crossroads of civilization — 1600s New France, where the war to escape their past and re-make themselves is cast against the vast and unforgiving wilds of North America.

18 comments:

  1. I'll admit to being a pig! I initially got stuck on the blue eyes...WOW! But after reading the post, the stories sound interesting. Do you know when the series is supposed to air?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometime next year, we will post the first photos, trailers and airing dates when we know them but it won't be any time soon. They're both gorgeous as hell :)

      Delete
    2. Dezzz, how come we don't have such blue eyes?

      Delete
    3. I have green ones, prettier than those four above!

      Delete
    4. Plus you look more intelligent. I have black eyes, but that's temporary. Angie was too enthusiastic.

      Delete
    5. Oh, my! At least there was enthusiasm...

      Delete
  2. Both actors are good physical representatives of their characters from the novel! I must read, read, READ and finish this novel before the mini-series comes out, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a whole year, Debs :) that should be enough ever for you :P

      Delete
  3. I haven't read the novel, but it does sound like one that I wouldn't mind watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debs above says the novel is as fat as timber!

      Delete
    2. Then this is one I'll have to stick to watching instead of reading, as you know we don't have much leisure time these days. I find myself nodding off within 5 minutes of tucking myself into bed and grabbing my book. I used to be able to squeeze in 30-45 minutes so it's taking me forever just to finish a 300 page book :(

      Delete
    3. I've never read in bed in my life :) I read only when I can read all day long, during breaks between jobs, and then it is like breaky-book-lumch-book-dindins :) What I can't deal with these days is movies longer than 90 minutes, which is basically all movies :)

      Delete
  4. Jaba the Wooden Hutt sounds like a naughty movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hutt will need a slut or too as well!

      Delete
    2. Don't we all? I mean.... if we're being honest.

      Delete
    3. We do indeed. Even if we're slutty ourselves like moiself.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.