Thursday, April 8, 2010

ALICE EVE OR HAYLEY ATWELL AS FEMALE LEAD IN "CAPTAIN AMERICA"

Ah, will the casting for Joe Johnston's "The First Avenger: Captain America" ever be over? It seems that after both Emily Blunt and Keira Knightly have refused the lead female role in the movie beside Chris Evans and Hugo Weaving, the list of the actresses who could play Captain's girl Peggy Carter are now down to two names.
The first one is sexy Alice Eve ("She's Out of My League", "Sex and the City II") who is apparently the current front-runner, and the second one is Hayley Atwell ("Cassandra's Dream", "The Pillars of the Earth", "The Duchess"). They are both screen-testing for the second time for the coveted role tomorrow in London. I must admit I wish they would choose some more famous ladies for the role.

6 comments:

  1. I figured Knightley would turn it down, she only does period films. Being a big fan of hers it would have been interesting to see her in a comic book film, but it's probably for the better that she turned it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, and I figure Emily Blunt turned it down because she might play Wonder Woman in a possible movie with the popular super-heroine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard Blunt turned it down because she is looking to get a part in the next Batman movie, possibly Catwoman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that would be cool, although I hate BATMAN movies ever since Nollan took the helm over and ruined all the fun creating dark and morbid hollow drama, but you know that already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually I did not know that, so that's something else I'll have to add to the list that we surprisingly disagree about. Along with you not liking Russell Crowe, Naomi Watts, and Eva Green. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgive me Answer for I have sinned, how many Hail Marys do I have to repeat? :))

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.