Tuesday, July 5, 2011

NEW "TITANIC" MINI SERIES STARTS SHOOTING IN SERBIA! STARZ CANCELS "CAMELOT"! DRAMATIC TRAILER FOR "WARRIOR" WITH TOM HARDY & JOEL EDGERTON!

Well, it was bound to happen, even though everybody knows I'm the biggest fan of historical shows and I've probably watched them all, I do admit CAMELOT was the most horrible one I've ever seen. And thus it's no surprise that Starz decided to cancel it
and there will be no second season. With dreadful, pointless and absolutely unrealistic plot and direction with no direction, the only good things in the show were the sets, music and the costumes. The acting was mostly weak thanks to miscast actors: Jamie Bower Campbell who played wimpy king Arthur was so dreadful and superficial that he personally stopped me from watching the show any further after the 5th episode, and Joseph Fiennes' neurotic and psychotic portrayal of Merlin and Eva Green's overly dark and expressionless take on Morgan, were just two more reasons to cancel the show forever! The only likable performances came from Tamsin Egerton as Guinevere, Claire Forlani as Igraine, Peter Mooney as Kay and Philip Winchester as Leontes. 
___________________________________________________
Currently shooting in the film studios in Belgrade, Serbia, is the new mini series TITANIC. Marking the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the famous ship, the four episodes should premiere sometime next year. The international production is lead by
Oscar winner Julian Fellows (GOSFORD PARK) and will star Linus Roache (LAW & ORDER), Geraldine Somerville (HARRY PLOPPER), Toby Jones (CAPTAIN AMERICA), Steven Waddington (THE TUDORS) ... As far as I got it, the mini series will be broadcast by RAI in Italy, ITV in UK and ABC in USA bringing an extraordinary re-telling of the doomed voyage that cleverly weaves action, mystery and romantic plots and features both fictional and historical characters, ranging from steerage passengers to upper-class guests, who come together in an explosive and unforgettable finale!
__________________________________________________
Check out the latest poster and trailer for the action drama WARRIOR coming out this September with two great actors Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton. In the film, ex-Marine haunted by a
tragic past, Tommy Riordan returns to his hometown of Pittsburgh and enlists his father, a recovered alcoholic and his former coach, to train him for an MMA tournament awarding the biggest purse in the history of the sport. As Tommy blazes a violent path towards the title prize, his brother, Brendan, a former MMA fighter unable to make ends meet as a public school teacher, returns to the amateur ring to provide for his family. Even though years have passed, recriminations and past betrayals keep Brendan bitterly estranged from both Tommy and his father. But when Brendan's unlikely rise as an underdog sets him on a collision course with Tommy, the two brothers must finally confront the forces that tore them apart.

31 comments:

  1. Yeah... I managed to get to the 3rd ep of CAMELOT. I liked the castle, but that's about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I didn't miss anything with Camelot. Won't bother checking that one out on DVD.

    Serbia is quite posh these days with its film studios and tennis stars.:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was really bad :( but Starz will redeem itself with SPARTACUS VENGEANCE from January 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Luanne
    yes, we are very posh :)) am I not the best example he he :P
    Not just tennis stars, we also won waterpolo world Cup recently and we kick-ass in basketball and volleyball too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting about the mini-series. i wonder who is producing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it says in the post, Edmund :) - Julian Fellows is producing and it's an international production.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in for Warrior. I love both actors and I like the story potential.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm. Titanic looks very interesting. The buzz on Titanic seems to be ramping up. So far the movie Titanic has been playing non stop in my country. And the History channel was playing Titanic documentaries last week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to know that Linus Roache has bounced back and gotten a new series. And thanks for the tip about the stinkeroo Camelot -- I won't bother watching it when it gets broadcast here this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have not seen Camelot. I love history-based stuff, too. This means I have to skip it, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Warrior looks pretty damn good; I like that tom hardy is on the rise these days :) shame about Camelot, I was looking forward to seeing fiennes' rendition of Merlin. Ahwell.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Titanic the mini series, I am so there as I just love the story of the titanic and have seen every film ever made about the ship good, bad and meh.

    Wow am I impressed with Warrior. I don't know the first thing about MMA, but I will watch just for this story. And Tom and Joel. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I reckon that new poster of Warrior was specially designed for our dear Nanny McDezzy :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. More Titanic? Yes, please.

    Thumbs up for the Warrior poster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. See I thought I really wouldn't be bothered by a Titanic re telling, but you have sold it to me!! And warrior looks like it might be fun. I am a fan of Hardy!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Warrior looks very good. Camelot - what was the point? And talking about stories that have been overdone - Titanic? There must be loads of good original stories out there begging to be told. (koffs - I have several)

    BTW- Warriors kinda reminded me of The Fighter. mainly because of the martial arts element. Have you seen it, Dez? Excellent film.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm delighted to hear I'm not the only one who disliked Camelot, it was awful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Matty
    I don't like the idea of brothers fighting against each other, but Hollywood films like promoting aggressive solutions to all problems. I do love Tom Hardy :)

    @HiFi
    which country are you from, HiFi? And yes, Titanic will be a popular topic these days while we wait for the 100 years jubilee of its sinking

    @Debra
    it indeed is a stinkeroo :) I liked Linus back in the 90's and I thought he went missing only to discover that he is actually acting in some American TV shows?

    ReplyDelete
  19. @MPax
    skip it big time!

    @Jamie
    yes, I love me some Tom Hardy too, even though I'm not overly impressed with his recent choice of roles, he seems to go only for brutes and aggressive maniacs :(

    @Melsy
    you know which TITANIC mini series I loved best? The one with Catherine Zeta Jones and Peter Gallager, they had the sexiest chemistry I've ever seen :) I constantly wanted them to hump each other in the series :)

    @Jaccsy
    yes, especially it's left part :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Medeia
    glad you like the poster :)

    @Custie
    I heard rumors that Helen Mirren could appear in TITANIC too, but I think it's too far fetched :(
    We love Hardy too :) He is such a lovable freak and crazy weirdo :) And I liked the fact that he is in love with his own body, makes him kinda charming :)

    @Michael
    we shall try to persuade Cameron or Spielberg to do one of your stories :)
    If THE FIGHTER stars Wahlberg, no I haven't seen it since I can't stand that arrogant person.

    @Lurk
    ah, Lurk, we are not the only ones, 90% of people hated it! Big time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The tinatnic miniseries sounds interesting, where will it be shown? US or UK?

    ReplyDelete
  22. it says in the post, Novia :) ABC in the USA, ITV in UK, Rai in Italy ....

    ReplyDelete
  23. That was one of the surprises of The Fighter. The Wahlberg character was quite understated, bullied even by his more strong-willed mother and brother.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad I didn't waste time looking for Camelot online then.

    Titanic? Again?

    I'd pick Tom Hardy based on that poster.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Although I do like the titanic, I don't think I'll watch it. Knowing most people die in the end is a bit much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Michael
    still can't stand him :)

    @Josh
    I'd pick HArdy based on that poster, too :)

    @Clarissa
    yes, that's the story for which we already know the ending :(

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Dezzy! Hmmm, a Titanic miniseries? Didn't BBC have one already years ago? I believe Catherine Zeta-Jones was in it. Btw, Warrior is bound to be a hit w/ the ladies as much as the guys, that Joel Edgerton is definitely one of the new 'It Boy' from Down Under.

    ReplyDelete
  28. gyaaaa... I couldn't believe I missed that. sorry :)

    I read about the cast and felt excited and missed that one ;pgyaaaa... I couldn't believe I missed that. sorry :)

    I read about the cast and felt excited and missed that one ;p

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes! CZJ and PG sure did have the sparks.

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Flixy
    it's quite strange seeing Edgerton as a new face these days, since I've known him for more than ten years now, he's been acting in Australian films and shows for a long long time.

    @Novia
    it happens :)

    @Melsy
    not sparks but fireworks :))

    ReplyDelete
  31. only the first ep of camelot was worth to watch!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.