Friday, July 15, 2011

EXTREMELY MESMERIZING TRAILER FOR SF EPIC "JOHN CARTER" WITH A STELLAR CAST! A CHILLING TRAILER FOR STAR STUDDED "CONTAGION" WITH KATE WINSLET, JUDE LAW, GWYNETH PALTROW! 1ST PICTURE OF COLIN FARRELL IN "TOTAL RECALL" REMAKE!

It's here, it's here, the first trailer for our second most awaited upcoming film JOHN CARTER! And it is beautiful, mesmerizing and deeply seductive. And also very mysterious and intriguing! I can't even describe how excited me is now :) This is the first live
action film of amazing Oscar winner Andrew Stanton who brought us WALL-E, FINDING NEMO, TOY STORY  and A BUG'S LIFE ... This sweeping action-adventure set on the mysterious and exotic planet of Barsoom (Mars) is based on a classic novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs, whose highly imaginative adventures served as inspiration for many filmmakers, both past and present. The film tells the story of war-weary, former military captain John Carter (Taylor Kitsch), who is inexplicably transported to Mars where he becomes reluctantly embroiled in a conflict of epic proportions amongst the inhabitants of the planet, including Tars Tarkas (Willem Dafoe) and the captivating Princess Dejah Thoris (Lynn Collins). In a world on the brink of collapse, Carter rediscovers his humanity when he realizes that the survival of Barsoom and its people rests in his hands.
The amazing cast also includes James Purefoy, Mark Strong, Polly Walker, Dominic West, Ciaran Hinds, Thomas Haden Church .... The film comes out in March next year! Click to read more about the extremely interesting characters in the film.
__________________________________________________
The second trailer for today is for Steven Soderbergh's chilling viral thriller of epic proportions CONTAGION which comes out this September and follows the rapid progress of a lethal airborne
virus that kills within days. As the fast-moving epidemic grows, the worldwide medical community races to find a cure and control the panic that spreads faster than the virus itself. At the same time, ordinary people struggle to survive in a society coming apart. With a rather stellar cast including Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, Marion Cotillard, Laurence Fishburne, the film reminds us on many scary epidemics which appear around the world at least once a year chilling our bones to the core. I must admit that given its huge budget and stellar cast, the trailer didn't do much for me. For now it seems like some TV movie, so I'm hoping some new trailer would bring more suspense and better dynamics. 
__________________________________________________
You can also check out the first picture shown in "Entertainment Weekly" from the remake of TOTAL RECALL in which Colin
Farrell
takes the role previously played by Arnold Schwarzenegger. As you know the sf flick also features Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel in the female roles.

35 comments:

  1. I JUST watched the trailer for John Carter ten minutes ago! Looks really spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dezzy - JOHN CARTER looks good. CONTAGION - meh... though great actors in it.

    So, do you have your tickets to see HARRY POTTER???? I'm totally teasing since I know you aren't a fan. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dezz, you got an eye for awesomeness. That trailer was money!

    I'm still a bit befuddled on the whole Total Recall 'remake,' but it's good to see Colin Farrell in a big, classic role. He's one of the coolest actors working today and I almost-always enjoy his performances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Diane
    it is spectacular!

    @Shells
    you know I don't watch HARRY PLOPPER, Shells, can't stand Radcliffe and that Watson woman. They are probably the most irritating actors I've ever seen.

    @Matty
    wait till we see more in the second trailer and till they give us some pics as well.
    Farrell is having quite a lot of work these days

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super excited about JOHN CARTER. Wow looks awesome. Not what I expected.

    CONTAGION looks great too. I've always liked infection type stories. No idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was telling everyone JOHN CARTER would be great for more than a year now, and now I'm happy everyone is excited :)
    Isn't your hubs a doctor?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm intrigued by Contagion. I liked the trailer and I'm a fan of those realistic type stories.

    John Carter sounds like an interesting concept and might be interesting to watch, then again maybe not.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Contagion and John Carter both look good to me

    ReplyDelete
  9. John Carter looks good to me.

    I love it when you get so excited about a movie. It's, uh, contagious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. John Carter trailer surely look nice.
    Contagion is like Ocean's Eleven trapped in an apocalyptic world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wasn't buying what John Carter was selling until they showed that iconic moment where John realizes that on THIS new planet - he has super abilities. He can fight back. He has the advantage. For the first time in a long time he has the will to fight, fight for an idea of a better world. Sweet.

    I came across this link today and thought you would like it. Would appreciate your opinion on this list.

    http://www.complex.com/girls/2011/07/worldwide-wednesday-the-10-hottest-serbian-women

    ReplyDelete
  12. How awesome does Contagion sound????? OMG. What an INCREDIBLE CAST! So excited about this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been looking forward to John Carter as well, but I'm still not sold that Disney can pull it off. They already disappointed with Prince of Persia, I'm just not sure they can stay true the series, it's like if Disney tackled Conan the Barbarian, it wouldn't be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  14. John Carter I am quite interested in, although I am always nervous of good trailers. Sceptic me!!

    I still can't see the point of a total recall remake!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice upcoming movies and there are so many left to watch! :O

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Lee
    JOHN CARTER will be amazing!

    @Dirty
    glad you like today's trailers :)

    @Luanne
    he he it is contagious :) And I don't often get excited about films, so these are rare opportunities to see me in that state :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Jaccsy
    I totally agree with both of your comments, Jaccsy. I expected so much more from CONTAGION and this trailer isn't thrilling nor exciting :( But, then again, Soderbergh was never much of a talent in making interesting films

    @KAl
    I've seen that list in today's newspapers too, Kal, the comments under it and the reaction in newspapers agree that it is rather ridiculous and that those are not Serbia's prettiest women. They've put Ceca in number one spot, and she is a sluttish singer with more silicone and plastic in her than real flesh and she is also a criminal who is currently serving jail sentence. Most normal people hate her here in Serbia.
    I mentioned and wrote about the really prettiest Serbian women here many times, and you might wanna use search button in the right sidebar to find ANA NIKOLIC post back when she won THE HOTTEST SERBIAN WOMAN poll here at HOLLYWOOD SPY. I also, already, have a finished post on hottest Serbian women in Hollywood, but I can't seem to find the time and space to post it :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Sammy
    the cast is interesting if we forget about that Damon person in it.

    @Answer
    I do understand your worries, Answer, but you should really have faith in Stanton, he never made a bad movie so far and he is one of the very few directors who are fighting for the forces of good and not evil in Hollywood :) He makes lovely, heartwarming and positive movies, and I have full faith in him that he will make a miracle with this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Custie
    I don't see the point of pretty much any remake, not just this one. Although to be honest I wouldn't mind a DUNE or FLASH GORDON remake :) I love me some space opera :)

    @Magixx
    glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. "John Carter of Mars" looks amazing.

    I remember "Contagion" when it was called "Outbreak" and "The Andromeda Strain."

    Nothing against Colin Farrell, but "Total Recall" isn't that old. Is this a remake, or a sequel? It's like saying "Let's reboot 'Spiderman' to when he was in high school" (even though the first one with Tobey Maguire had him in high school). It's just not old enough to be redone. Are they going to remake "Alien" now, too?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have not read the mars books although they are free on google books.

    Total Recal didn't need to be remade. What is wrong with the original.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Contagion and John Carter are looking brilliant but Total Recall?, I suppose it can't be too bad as I wasn't that fond of the original.

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Josh
    it does look amazing ,and it is just a teaser, wait till we get a long trailer with the whole story and all the amazing visuals.

    He he CONTAGION is an OUTBREAK lookalike :)

    It's a remake, not a sequel, the original was from 15 years ago, maybe even more. They might remake AVATAR soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Budd
    yes, the books are classics, written by the author of TARZAN.
    Everybody seems to think RECALL didn't need a recall :) Kinda like JUDGE DREDD

    @Lurk
    yes, I wasn't obsessed with the original either, it was too complicated back when I was a kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wait...are you saying they're remaking Judge Dredd?!

    ReplyDelete
  26. off course, haven't you been reading my site? :PP Use the search button in the rightsidebar to find posts on it, there are even pics, Karl Urban, my most beloved actor, is in the lead role.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hadn't read back to August 2010 yet. I liked "Judge Dredd" as cheezy as it was. Karl Urban could do it up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  28. John Carter looks too cool! Contagion looks too creepy. And Total Recall--! Wow. HP--whoot! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very nice trailer. Looking forward to John Carter.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Man, they have a lot to live up to for me with this Total Recall remake.

    ReplyDelete
  31. @Josh
    Karl will fit the role like a glove :)

    @Leigh
    oh, look who's back :) Everything fine in your part of the world?

    @Mary
    it is a very nice trailer and it doesn't reveal 90% of the things we shall see in the film :)

    @Chris
    he he ... hope they will

    ReplyDelete
  32. John Carter looks absolutely stunning! I so cannot wait until it is released.

    Contagion does not look all that great to me in spite of the amazing cast. I just don't like pandemic movies unless they're zombie flicks. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  33. I knew you would like the trailer, Melsy, since you have hots for Taylor :) Imagine all the things that await us in the film, since we haven't actually seen anything in this amazing teaser! All the aliens, all the alien cities, ships, sets ... ah......
    Yes, we only approve of zombie contagions :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. john carten a must see.
    contagion didn't take me much, we'll see
    Totale recall, another remake? we'll see

    ReplyDelete
  35. John Carter really is a must see :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.