Wednesday, July 13, 2011

DELIGHTFUL SECOND TRAILER FOR "ARTHUR CHRISTMAS"! PICTURE OF AIDEN TURNER AS DWARF IN "THE HOBBIT"! CHRIS HEMSWORTH IN FORMULA 1 FLICK "RUSH"

Ah, here it goes again. You remember how I recently noticed that some stars have started taking up roles in some cheap B-league
action flicks? Well it seems the same is happening with Chris Hemsworth. After the stellar success in THOR, STAR TREK he got the lead role in SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN and instead of searching for new roles in big blockbusters like those, he will now star in RUSH, a drama about Formula 1 racer Niki Lauda, but Chris won't even play the lead role but the role of Lauda's fellow racer James Hunt who was also his big rival. The film could be directed by Ron Howard. Double yawn if you ask me :(
__________________________________________________
According to "Variety", Warner Bros. has bought the script for HAUNTED, a story of a haunted house but with interesting twist - it is told from the ghost's point of view :) It was written by SUPERNATURAL
producer. Peter Jackson keeps releasing pictures of the dwarves which will appear in THE HOBBIT, and the brand new one shows our dear British actor Aidan Turner (the vampire from BEING HUMAN) as Kili and Dean O'Gorman as Fili. Two of the youngest dwarves, Fili and Kili have been born into the royal line of Durin and raised under the stern guardianship of their uncle, Thorin Oakensheild. As skilled fighters, both brothers will set off on their adventure armed with the invincible courage of youth neither being able to imagine the fate which lies before them.
_________________________________________________
Almost a year ago I've posted the first trailer for charming animated film ARTHUR CHRISTMAS and now I have the second one for you.  The film sets out to answer the question of how Santa Claus delivers all his presents in one night. James McAvoy will
give voice to Arthur, the good-natured but clumsy younger son of Santa Claus who seems to be the only member of the family still enamored with the magic of Christmas. Hugh Laurie will play Arthur's older brother Steve, heir to the reins, a cool, incredibly capable guy who has given the North Pole high-tech efficiency, military-style precision. Jim Broadbent plays the big man in red himself who finds himself taking a backseat to the major operation that preparing for Christmas has become. Bill Nighy will voice the 136-year old Grandsanta, a cranky old codger who hates the modern world and liked Christmas better back in the day. Imelda Staunton will be Mrs. Santa and Ashley Jensen will play Bryony, a lowly elf from the Giftwrap Battalion, with an eager-to-please attitude and an obsession with wrapping and bows. The film is out November 2011.

37 comments:

  1. Like the dwarf pictures. Looking forward to The Hobbit. I can't believe they waited so long to get this movie into production.

    Arthur Christmas will be cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, and how much will we have to wait till we see the film finally!

    Arthur Christmas will be cute indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure I like the sound of Rush...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like it either :( and he has some other bad films in his plans :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah.. Christmas movies. It's so funny he says, "It's summer, I know what you're thinking about... CHRISTMAS!" I am, actually! Been listening to Christmas music this week! I'm crazy, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ARTHUR CHRISTMAS looks delightful. I want his slippers ;)

    While the dwarfs look great, I aways imagined them as a more stocky and a less sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arthur Christmas looks ADORABLE! Plus, you can't go wrong with anything with James McAvoy in it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. first off a huge old cyber ((((HUG!!!))) for helping me figure out my blogging problem so I can post again, second of all, thanks you for all the cool stuff you always find to share with us and keep us toally in the know!! You totally rock on all kinds of levels, and I am sure glad to know you in the cyber world!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dezzy hope life is good; I will have to go back and see what I have missed, much I am sure!
    ooh, Hobbit looks interesting; I love Aidan Turner from BBC "Being Human"! Can't wait...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeaaa....I can comment in your awesome blog again :)

    Love all the news on The Hobbits. May I borrow ALL your posters? Once I all the dwarves are our,i want to make my special post on The Hobbits

    ReplyDelete
  11. Which one is Kili and which one is fili? I don't know the actors....I can't guess which one is which

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Arthur Christmas trailer, my girls really want to see that film, and I am going to show them this trailer tonight for sure. Great find Dezzy

    C

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aiden Turner is far too good looking to be a dwarf.

    Some strange decisions from Helmsworth. Maybe he was contracted in to these movies before Thor happened? Maybe he hates the big time? Maybe his advisors are smurfs?

    ReplyDelete
  14. More great Hobbit eye candy and other gems.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Kristin
    yes, it is a strange coincidence to have this teaser come out in the same week you've been having a peculiar obsession with Christmas music :))

    @Lyndy
    and I want polar bear's Christmas hat :)
    Yes, these dwarves are certainly a more pleasant sight for the eyes than the previous ones :) But young people are always gorgeous.

    @Sammy
    ah, for sure, McAvoy is one of our favourite British actors, we love him heaps and then some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Debbie
    be welcome, lots of people have been having problems with commenting around the blogger and it seems that unclickling the KEEP ME LOGGED button solves the problem. There are, alas, other problems, we often have our FOLLOWERS BOXES missing for days and polls don't always work (like now for example).

    @Ella
    hi, sister, hope it's not hellishly hot over in your part of the world as it is in mine. Yes, we do love Aiden Turner!

    @Novia
    I think I missed one of the dvarves posters so might wanna search for that one around the net, if I understood correctly they will be releasing these posters in regular intervals.
    I did mention Gleeson in the post :) and Rhys Meyers wasn't mentioned because his name wasn't confirmed for sure. He was the first one to be mentioned in the cast a year ago, but after that nobody mentioned him again, so I don't know if he is still in the film

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Custie
    back in November I posted a longer trailer of ARTHUR CHRISTMAS so you might wanna check out that one as well :)

    @Michael
    ah, you know that younger generations are always more beautiful than the older ones :) Kili is no Gimley for sure :)
    I'd blame the Smurfs for Hemsworth's strange choice of roles. Especially the Grumpy smurf!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Lurk
    yep they are building up the excitement around THE HOBBIT even though we still have a year and a half before the film comes out.

    @MAgixx
    yay

    @Mary
    it should be a really nice epic fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Rush" - Sounds like something dad would like.

    "The Hobbit" - Again, more please!

    "Arthur Christmas" - Looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. man! im so hyped for the hobbit

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kili looks HOT!!! Doesn't he Dezzy? ;) Can't wait to see his moody, courageous uncle!! :D
    BTW is it Aiden or Aidan? Have seen it written both ways; never mind the spelling of his name he looks fantastic as a dwarf!!
    Arthur Christmas a cute movie to watch with the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think that Arthur Christmas is going to be such a funny, cute movie. This trailer is awesome. And Aiden Turner sure makes a handsome dwarf. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Dwarfs in the Hobbit look incredibly bad ass.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I worry that ARTHUR CHRISTMAS won't get the American market excited and will appeal largely to a Brit crowd.

    After shopping around for a compatible fit, Aardman landed with Sony Pictures Animation, but SURFS UP only grossed less than $60 million Stateside, marking a setback for the studio and leading to a shuffle of execs (Columbia chief Bob Osher and Amy Pascal protege Hannah Minghella took over for Yair Landau. They had to have a complete reappraisal of films in development.

    Sony need this movie to be a hit or else they'll have to scrap their plans for future animation.

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Josh
    glad you found all three nice, Josh ;)

    @Tony
    and the hype will just become bigger before it finally premieres :)

    @Summer
    it's Aidan, and I always write it like that, I don't know why I wrote it like this now? And I think that his werewolf friend from BEING HUMAN would've made a nice hobbit in the film too!
    And ARTHUR CHRISTMAS does look cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Melsy
    it will be a very cute film! And wait till you see Richard Armitage as a dwarf, he will make all ladies swoon :)

    @Cactus
    indeed they do

    @Matthew
    it's the general feeling

    @Movies
    yes, unfortunately, I do agree with you :( it probably won't do great over in USA, just like GNOMEO AND JULIET also didn't do overly great across the ocean this year.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Some great movies! How cute those little men are.

    ReplyDelete
  28. look at out aidan! he's really rocking the swarf look, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  29. @Clarissa
    they are very cute :)

    @Vics
    he is dwarfin big time :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Dezzmond I know it appears across the net...but I am not a good researcher like you...So,I will just take what you have ;)

    You missed Oin and Gloin,I saw it in AM.

    ReplyDelete
  31. they've published some new ones today as well, but I'm already confused with too much dwarves :) I wanna see some Elves.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm lovin' all The Hobbit news, now I'm just waiting to see Richard Armitage as Thorin! :D

    Dezzy, I'll be on vacation next week so I might not be able to comment as much. If for some reason I run into Henry or Luke I'll be sure to hug 'em on your behalf, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  33. what do you mean hug them? Shouldn't you bring me photos of them and autographs? And possibly their phone numbers?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Is it just me, or does Aiden look the least dwarfy of the bunch (I think it's just the lack of beard). Very much looking forward to The Hobbit - I love the recently released image of all the dwarves together too!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.