Wednesday, August 11, 2010

SF EPIC "JOHN CARTER OF MARS" HITS CINEMAS IN 2012, CHECK OUT THE STUNNING CAST! CHANNING TATUM IN "THE CONTORTIONIST'S HANDBOOK"

One of my most anticipated future movies, sf epic "John Carter of Mars" has gotten an official release date but it's not any time soon: the premiere is on June 8, 2012. Directed by Andrew Stanton (who brought us magic in "Finding Nemo" and "Wall-E" and is now doing a live action film for the first time) has gathered a stunning cast in the film which follows Civil War veteran John Carter who is mysteriously transplanted to Mars, where he discovers a lush, wildly diverse planet whose main inhabitants are 12-foot tall green barbarians. Finding himself a prisoner of these creatures, he escapes, only to encounter Dejah Thoris, Princess of Helium, who is in desperate need of a savior. He will also encounter formidable alien creatures resembling the beasts of ancient myth. Now check out the absolutely amazing cast: Taylor Kitsch (John Carter), Lynn Collins (princess Dejah), Mark Strong (Matai Shang a ruler with godlike status), Willem Dafoe (Tars Tarkas, a 10-foot tall, four armed green Martian), James Purefoy (Kantos Kan, the captain of the kingdom of Helium's grand warship), CiarĂ¡n Hinds (Tardos Mors), Dominic West (Sab Than, a prince who believes he is entitled to rule Mars), Polly Walker (merciless and tyrannical lady Sarkoja), Thomas Hayden Church (ambitious and vicious warrior Tal Hajus), Samantha Morton (Sola, Tars Tarkas's daughter, a soft-hearted princess of a violent race)...

Channing Tatum will produce and take the lead role in "The Contortionist's Handbook", about a chameleonesque forger who slips into new identities constantly to avoid being caught by the authorities, and to forget his troubled past. His strict code of conduct gets upended when he falls for a beautiful and mysterious woman with her own shady past.

20 comments:

  1. Samantha Morton alone, really, makes me interested in this. She's rarely bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will Lynn Collins look just like on that pic for the whole film? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. John Carter of Mars sounds flat out ridiculous. But The Contortionists Handbook has some potential...Does anyone else think Channing Tatum looks like he has a stub for an arm in that pic? Weird.

    Michele
    Writers Jailed today on SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds interesting but I wonder how it will actually turn out seeing that Disney is behind it, since it sounds like the look and style of the original material is a little more adult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I'll have to come back later ... can't look at this at work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Andrew
    I must admit I found her horrible in MINORITY REPORT but she was absolutely great in ELIZABETH THE GOLDEN AGE.

    @Jaccsy and Alex
    eh, guys, will it satisfy you if I tell you - yes, most probably :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Avalon
    tell me about it :((

    @Michele
    I actually find the plot positively entertaining, imaginative, glamorous and super charming :) What's a stub?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Answer
    yes, the original novel is quite saucy :) I think this will be kinda like FLASH GORDON in the 80's.

    @Matthew
    oh, Matt, then I guess you would've got fired from your job if I didn't strategically places surname THORIS to cover up the most dangerous spot? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Contortionist's Handbook sounds very interesting, but it'll probably be super cheesy. I'm still checking it out though. :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. John Carter of Mars sounds like something from the 80s. Of course, I'll still go see it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. John Carter sounds ridiculously outrageous--I'll watch it.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll watch anything with Channing Tatum in it...even If's its on MUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Lynda
    it does, the good old space operas :))

    @Arlee
    yep, it's outrageous enough for us :)

    @Falen aka Thundercat
    I hear you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read about this project before and am really looking forward to it, but it's a long ways away. And I like Kitsch, who received some undeserved flack based on his appearance in Wolverine...a film that was fun but had many flaws. Of course he is also fantastic on FNL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also liked him in WOLVERINE. Unfortunately I've never watched FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, but I hear it's quite popular over in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read the entire Martian series when I was 14 years old back in 1961. I recently reread them all and I cannot wait for the movie. I hope they did ERB justice in it. The trailer looks good. I will be there on Mar. 9!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I trust the amazing director and the amazing cast :) Don't forget to check out our SPOTLIGHT on the film too, you have it above in the thumbnail links :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.