Friday, April 8, 2011

CAPTIVATING TRAILER FOR ROLAND EMMERICH'S "ANONYMOUS"! RIDLEY SCOTT'S EPIC "POMPEII" MOVES ON! ROBERT PATTINSON, MARION COTILLARD & JULIETTE BINOCHE IN CRONENBERG'S "COSMOPOLIS"

It seems that the adaptation of the famous historical novel POMPEII by Robert Harris is finally moving on. You remember that some time ago Ridley Scott has bought the rights on turning the book into a television mini series, and now he's given the task of writing the script to Robert Towne (CHINATOWN, MISSION IMPOSSIBLE). The story follows Marcus Attilius Primus, a young Roman engineer who works on the Aqua Augusta aqueduct that feeds the ancient cities of the Bay of Naples. While battling a vile real estate speculator who has a water embezzlement scheme, Primus learns that Vesuvius is about to erupt and races to warn his true love before it’s too late.
SHORT HEADLINES *Young Jay Baruchel has just joined Robert Pattinson, Marion Cotillard, Juliette Binoche, Samantha Morton and Paul Giamatti in David Cronenberg's COSMOPOLIS, a story about a billionaire who risks his entire
financial fortune, cheats on his wife, and is pursued by a stalker all in just one day. Baruchel will play Pattinson's boss. *Gorgeous Sofia Vergara is in talks to accept the role of a manipulative woman who THE THREE STOOGES encounter in the Farrelly Brothers remake (sorry for censoring Sofia's pic a bit :) Click to see it full) *Clive Owen and Gillian Anderson have joined SHADOW DANCER, a drama set in 1990s Northern Ireland which describes the longtime conflicts in that part of the world.

Ah, here it is, the first trailer for Roland Emmerich's medieval thriller ANONYMOUS with Rhys Ifans, Vanessa Redgrave as Queen Elizabeth, Joely Richardson as princess Elizabeth Tudor, Derek Jacobi  and David Thewlis. Set in the political snake
pit of Elizabethan England it will try to solve the mystery on who was the author of the plays credited to William Shakespeare? ANONYMOUS poses one possible answer, focusing on a time when cloak-and-dagger political intrigue, illicit romances in the Royal Court, and the schemes of greedy nobles hungry for the power of the throne were exposed in the most unlikely of places: the London stage. The film opens in cinemas this September. It seems it will be visually extremely striking. I'm super excited :)

32 comments:

  1. "Anonymous" sounds like my type of movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was quite impressed by the trailer. Didn't like the music in it, but the scenes and visuals were stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Dez, you've got some good stuff today. I haven't read Pompeii, but I'm adding it to my TBR pile after reading that description. And that clip for Anonymous looks incredible. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! anonymous looks really good and pompeii sounds super interesting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is some cast for COSMOPOLIS. Glad to see R-Patz breaking out of the Twilight zone, he's much more watchable in other movies. And Marion & Juliette together, they've got to be two of the most alluring French actresses ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Luanne
    ah, you can always count on me on recommending you good historical books, those are my favourite :) and fortunately they are much more popular here in Europe and they sell good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Vics
    doesn't ANONYMOUS look just great and mysterious? :)

    @Flixy
    yes, I was surprised that in such a cast they would give RPatz the lead role. And although I don't like Marion, I do love Juliette, she is so humble and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scott always does a fine job of directing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pompeii sounds vastly intriguing. Ridley Scott is a very good filmmaker though his work has waned of late.

    And Wow! What a sexy photo of Sofia Vergara!

    Cosmopolis also fits the criteria for a great film. And Marion Cotillard is a fine actress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's something wrong with Sofia's pic..Oh yes! Too much skin and not enough monkey ;)
    ANONYMOUS looks cool (I liked the music in the trailer too)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Alex
    he does!

    @Matty
    It's still not sure if Ridley will direct it or just produce it. And I knew you would gonna like Sofia, and I knew you would gonna like COSMOPOLIS since the main character is the financial wiz :)

    @Lyndylove
    well, I can't just post scantily clad gents for my ladies, my boys have to get some skin too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just have to say, that Sofia pic immediately got my attention

    There was actually a pic of a fav actress of mine i thought about posting a while ago, but i figured that it would be too...scandalous(I think now i will just link them with a warning).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very intriguing trailer for Anonymous...I have promptly put it on my must see list - which has been quite sparsely populated as of late.

    The last thing I went to see at the theatre was The Speech - I love anything that has a foot in the past and based on some level of truth (what is truth?)

    Thanks for keeping on top of the game with your great posts!

    Cheers, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous looks amazing!! Looking forward to that one plus I love Vanessa Redgrave. Cosmopolis sounds interesting and Sofia Vergara, oh my goodness she is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous looks so good! And I'm glad to see Gillian Anderson's name here, I haven't seen her in anything in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ah, september is such a long way to go! i kinda like the classical feel some films managed to bring. so sophisticated, so elegantly beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooo... Anonymous. ooo... Thanks for the heads up, Dezzy! :o) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. i have never wanted to be a gorilla so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved this trailer for Anonymous. I am huge into Shakespeare and have always been intrigued with the various theories about who really authored them. Shadow Dancer sounds quite intriguing as well.

    You know, that picture of Sofia was quite stunning. ;) I appreciate beauty in all its forms.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh.. I'm so jealous with you now! How can you have the chance to touch and grab the hawt lady Sofia in that photo, Mr. Dezzyville ;)))

    Anonymous looks like another 10000 BC to me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, wow! Anonymous looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Surprised to say that Cosmpolis is the one I am looking forward to most here, just sounds more my type of movie and a really decent cast.
    Great news update Dez

    ReplyDelete
  23. ding dong!! Sofia Vergara is soooo damn fine!! Naughty Dezzy writing over her bottom lol

    Great post again, love this site.

    Anonymous could be quite interesting I think!!

    Oh and P.S. I didnt lose my Rank, I retired with full pension and honor...But I am not allowed to talk about it, so nudge nudge wink wink.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Anonymous. I think it was someone high up that wrote Shakespeare. Someone with a vast vocabulary, someone with a pen name. Great movies coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Dirty
    ah, beauty is never scandalous, my son :)

    @Jenny
    it does promise and intriguing and visually stunning film, doesn't it? :)

    @Nicole
    glad you liked the news, and Sofia really is a rare gem, isn't she? :)

    @Suzy
    yep, I haven't seen her either in a long long time now.

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Levian
    yes, sophisitcated and elegantly beautiful are the right expressions to describe what we saw in the trailer.

    @Leigh
    isn't it a great trailer?

    @Budd
    he he he :))))

    @Melsy
    I knew you would gonna like ANONYMOUS, and I like that your female eye appreciates Sofia's beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Jaccsy
    what can I say, I have a huge arsenal of costumes in my wardrobe :)

    @Samantha
    it does, doesn't it! :)

    @Demspey
    ah, what kind of a British man are you if you're not excited about ANONYMOUS? :pppp

    ReplyDelete
  28. @Custard
    well, I did give you the link without the naughty censorship :)
    Retired, a veil of secrecy? Do I smell Roswell here? ;)

    @Clarissa
    I personally reckon it was Christopher Marlow :) Or maybe the queen herself? :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. The ANONYMOUS teaser trailer looks wicked. I've watched like 7 simes now. I know there's a lot of bloggers bitching about how Roland Emmerich is showing of the epic establishing shots of yea old London, but I love that. This movie will be special. I'm a fan of Emmerich.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pompeii, Shadow Dancer and Anonymous sound interesting. Anonymous more than the others.

    ReplyDelete
  31. @Allyson
    can't wait to see the cast when the production starts!

    @Movies
    I was also amazed by aerial shots of London, so lovely!
    I generally don't like Emmerich, because he tends to disappoint me. I loved loved loved STAR GATE, and after that nothing, although I sooo wanted to love 10,000BC. But I'm still excited. Hope this one will be a good one from him.

    @MPax
    three promising movies!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.