Friday, April 29, 2011

ARMIE HAMMER JOINS JOHNNY DEPP IN "THE LONE RANGER"! JAVIER BARDEM IN STEPHEN KING'S "THE DARK TOWER"! COOL UPDATES ON "GREEN LANTERN", "CAPTAIN AMERICA" AND "PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES"

Ah, this casting is becoming like a Spanish soap opera: although there were rumors that Ryan Gosling will join Johnny Depp in the remake of THE LONE RANGER which will focus more on Depp's Native American Tonto than on the ranger himself, the new rumors say that the title role could now actually end up in the hands of the charismatic and more and more popular Armie Hammer whom we've watched in THE SOCIAL NETWORK and who will also star in Tarsem's THE BROTHER'S GRIMM: SNOW WHITE as the prince charming. If Armie gets the role he will star in the Gore Verbinski directed remake.

SUMMER HEADLINES Since I know there are many of you who like PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN and can't wait for the
premiere of ON STRANGER TIDES on May 20th, check out the posters featuring two main young stars of the film - charming Brit Sam Claflin and Astrid Berges Frisbey as Syrena the mermaid. *If you are anxiously waiting to see some of the big super hero blockbusters this summer, and there's an abundance of them this year, it might boost your interest to hear that Ryan Reynolds said that his GREEN LANTERN will have the epic scale of STAR WARS (when you check out the latest banner bellow featuring all the magnificent aliens from the film, it certainly does have a STAR WARS vibe),
while Chris Evans said that his CAPTAIN AMERICA will be more in tone of INDIANA JONES. And unlike the first part which is set in WW2, other CAPTAIN AMERICA sequels will be set in modern days.

Ah, so it's official - Ron Howard has signed Javier Bardem for the role of Roland Deschain in the film adaptation of Stephen King's complex sf saga THE DARK TOWER. I'm kinda sad, I
thought Viggo Mortensen or Hugh Jackman would have been much better in the role. Javier will take the lead role of a gunslinger who travels through an Old West-like landscape mixed with futuristic elements in search of the mythical Dark Tower to save civilization. Bardem has signed on to star in the first of the three planned films in the franchise which will also have two seasons of TV show in between second and third installment of the movie. The film should come out in 2013.

34 comments:

  1. It's about time that Tonto got top billing. Remember Gary Larsen's cartoon about the Lone Ranger finally looking up the meaning of "Kemo Sabe" in the dictionary? "Hey -- what the . . . " Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, me not, but I'm sure my dear readers do :) I personally never had a chance to watch LONE RANGER in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love Johnny Depp, but I find it odd that he'll play Tonto. Seems like a throwback to the old days. Weird, though he'll probably pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know he likes weird roles and strange challenges. I just wonder whether we shall ever see the real him, he is slowly becoming like Jim Carrey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to Johnny--in his piratey goodness AND his Tonto yumminess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scale of Star Wars, huh. That's some lofty territory. Let's see if Reynolds, who I like and respect, is a man of his word. The Poster does capture the "vibe."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sad with Javier, too because I would have loved to have seen Viggo in the role. Armie Hammer, Yay!!! He's so much better looking and more charming than Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Lone Ranger has never appealed to me, but if you throw in Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer, I may be tempted to give it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the Pirates of the Caribbean poster had me wondering, why does the mermaid looked like it got legs? :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. The coming months are looking good with two Johnny Depp movies. :)

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think that transition from the skin to the tail scales is beautiful. not really interested in the movie though...

    ReplyDelete
  12. On Stranger Tides should be better than the first two sequels. Those were a bit of a confusing mess to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd have to vote for Ryan Gosling in The Lone Ranger, but I guess as long as Johnny is Tonto, I could still be persuaded to watch it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm liking Bardem in this role. he's a fantastic actor.

    Dez, do you ever think of posting a review of the movies you watch? I'd like to hear your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am sort of excited about the dark tower movie. now i don't have to read the books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Lyndy
    ah, you, always thinking of chocolate and other tasty treats :)

    @Matty
    I'm guessing he was thinking that GREEN LANTERN will have lots of muppety freaks like STAR WARS did :)

    @Melsy
    I'm also sad for Viggo and happy for Armie :)

    @Sam
    I totally agree with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Levian
    I think it's because she has a big behind :)

    @Mason
    ah, I know you're into your Depp :)

    @Vics
    I agree with you on both things, Vics :)

    @Adam
    it's true, PIRATES films were rather boring and confusing so far

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Susan
    what is it with ladies and Depp? :))


    @Michael
    it probably won't ever happen, buddy. First of all I have quite a different opinion on movies from most of the film bloggers and viewers and wouldn't want to make them angry, and second of all I don't live in USA or UK which means that movies aren't available to me in the same way they are to you. I focus on actors, which you can see in my poll posts, and from time to time you can read an opinion or two from me on certain films. But I'm glad many people would like to read my reviews, because it means they appreciate my views :)

    @E
    Hhe he now you have a good excuse :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. the new GL trailers are better, but still too much snark.

    ReplyDelete
  20. snark? What does that mean?
    They look at moments like MUPPET SHOW :) but I'm spellbound by the abundance of my favourite green colour in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, Ryan Reynolds even looks good when he's green.

    Thanks for sharing the posters!

    And thanks for stopping by my blog, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I heard the opposite about Captain America. The Avengers movie will be set in modern times, but subsequent sequels will still be period pieces. At least, according to the interview I read last night...Us, maybe? It was one of the entertainment rags previewing the summer movies.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm stuck on the name -- Armie Hammer. I thought you were kidding.
    Two Depp movies will b a great place to spend what looks to be a rainy summer.

    Saturday morning and the Lone Ranger -- sweet memories. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  24. I do want to see these movies. Some of them may be duds but I do love my super hero movies.

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Jen
    everybody looks good in green :))
    Be welcome, hope you'll follow my blog and visit us often :)

    @MJ
    the opposite what? That it won't be in modern times in new sequels or that it won't look like INDIANA JONES?

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Mary
    I kid you not, Mary, 'tis really his name :) I don't get it either, but who cares about name when he looks like he looks like :)

    @Clarissa
    he he well it's summer, time for easy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. For The Dark Tower I was really hoping that Viggo would get the part. But I'm curious to see how Javier does.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I <3 Jack Sparrow. I saw a commercial for Green Lantern. Nice atmosphere. I'm really looking forward to the Dark Tower, but it probably won't be anywhere near as good as the book.

    ReplyDelete
  29. @NAdir
    I was hoping it too

    @MPax
    I haven't read the books, but I hear they are extremely complex and crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ooo Armie Hammer, I'm good with that selection. Ryan is a great actor but it would be nice to see Armie in another role.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm voting for Armie too :))Ryan's acting can be annoying sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Interesting poster for Green Lantern. So many weird characters in one place. :) I recognise some of them from comics.

    So, 2013 is the date for Dark Tower. I'll probably read comics books (or even books) before that. Still haven't started on it, but I guess I have enough time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. @Avalon
    glad you like it :)

    @Bels
    ah, two years, it's nothing for you :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.