Sunday, April 17, 2011

SENDING LOVE TO CATHERINE ZETA JONES! RYAN GOSLING TO JOIN JOHNNY DEPP IN "LONE RANGER"? GASPARD ULLIEL & LAMBERT WILSON IN "PRINCESS OF MONTPESIER"

I wanted to take a moment to send support and love to the most amazing woman in Hollywood, our dear Welsh queen Catherine Zeta Jones. As you probably know a few days ago she went to a
clinic in order to solve her bipolar disorder. As a truly magnificent and kind person she always has been she didn't hide this from the public, wanting to show that having a psychological problem isn't something to be ashamed of. As you know we haven't seen Catherine in cinemas for almost four years know (Ever since her refined and profound role in NO RESERVATIONS) because she had to deal with too many personal issues of her husband Michael Douglas. His problems with his ex wife, with his drug using son and his cancer have put Catherine in some really difficult situations with which she had to deal beside raising their two little kids. So let us send some positive energy and love to our Catherine, may she return to us as soon as possible with her stunning beauty, dignified personality and mesmerizing charisma.

SHORT HEADLINES According to "MovieWeb" Robert Zemeckis will produce the movie adaptation of crazy book HOW TO SURVIVE A GARDEN GNOME ATTACK. The film, which won't be for kids, will be based on the tongue-in-cheek survival guide to help garden gnome owners prepare for and ward off an imminent invasion from the menacing lawn statues. *According to latest rumors, Disney is currently negotiating with Ryan Gosling to take the title role in THE LONE RANGER. If he accepts it, he will star beside Johnny Depp, whose Tonto will actually be the lead character in the film unlike the previous versions. Before this, Gosling is doing LOGAN'S RUN remake, and Depp is doing DARK SHADOWS film adaptation.

A film which just started playing in US cinemas, earning positive criticism, is French historical adventure THE PRINCESS OF MONTPESIER, starring Melanie Thiery and two of my favourite French actors Gaspard Ulliel (BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF, A VERY LONG ENGAGEMENT) and  Lambert Wilson (MATRIX, CATWOMAN). Gaspard Ulliel plays a cunning warrior who is in love with Marie de Mezieres (Mélanie Thierry) and although she loves him as well, her father arranges Marie to marry the Prince of Montpensier (Grégoire Leprince Ringuet). When the Prince is sent off to war, he leaves his new bride with his loyal friend Chabannes (Lambert Wilson). When he returns from war, along with Duc d'Anjou (Raphaël Personnaz), all four men become smitten with Marie and vie for her affections.

And you could all pop over to our dear Lynda Young and vote for her blog as the best one in whole Australia! :)

22 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of Catherine Zeta Jones, so I'll join you in wishing her well. What that family has been through lately!

    And are you kidding me? Depp as Tonto? That will be interesting.

    Oh, and thanks for the navel-gazing shot of Ulliel. I did enjoy A Very Long Engagement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, our dear Catherine has really went through lot lately :( But I hear she is now ready to continue with work. She has two new films to work on - one with Gerard Butler and another with Bruce Willis.
    I did promise you a nice little navel today :)and Dezz keeps his promise :) and it is a Naughty Sunday here at HOLLYWOOD SPY :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the twist on the Lone Ranger movie with Tonto (Johnny...swoon) as the lead.I hope Catherine returns stronger than ever.

    And thank you, Dezzy, you are such a darling for promoting my blog. I so appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm liking the Lone Ranger thing. I always enjoy Depp and think this will be a real nice role for him. Especially since the director has stated they're almost going a Don Quixote type route with the movie.

    As for Gosling playing the Lone Ranger. That could indeed be interesting. I think he's a very good actor, and one of the best "younger" actors around today. Seeing him and Depp together could make for a real enjoyable movie.

    On a side note Dez, pop over to my blog as you were included in my Versatile Blogger list that got passed to me, thus I had to pass it along. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please send my sympathy and positive energy to your Cathy, Nanny ;)
    The Princess of Montpensier looks completely like your cup of tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband is bipolar, so when I heard about Catherine I knew what struggles she faces. The movie trailer looks awesome.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lyndy
    be welcome, Lyndy, I'm just sorry that not many people commented today, it seems everyone went outside to enjoy the first spring days :( Hope more of them will see it tomorrow and vote for you.

    @JL
    Yep, I also heard they are going for a new approach in LONE RANGER this time.
    Although I find Gosling interesting for some reason, so far I didn't like his acting myself. He reminds me too much of Sean Penn and Al Pacino with being too unfocused and neurotic in his performances :) But I'm still supporting him, and I'm waiting for a role with which he will amaze me as well :)
    Thanks for the award, I got the same yesterday as well, I'm popping over :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jaccsy
    the film itself is not my cup of tea, since I don't really like French films :) but I do love the actors and period setting.

    @NR
    ah, sorry to hear that, then you can sympathize with Zeta's problems :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...lovin your support of Jones. Truly a talented and beautiful icon:)

    EL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww, my poor Catherine. I know she'll be fine! And you are so right, Dezz. It's so commendable of her that she's bringing light to her condition. She really wants to spread more positive light on the disorder, and provide more awareness. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Elliot
    thanks, El, we must send our love to our dear angel!

    @Matty
    she is just being amazing,brilliant and caring angel that she is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No matter how much money or how glamorous of a life one has, everyone's got their problems to deal with don't they.

    Depp as Tonto and Tonto as the lead character makes total sense to me. I always thought the Tonto was far more interesting than the Lone Ranger.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  13. yep, even the rich and famous ones suffer :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes I hope Catherine gets better soon, the first step to healing is admitting one has a problem. Can't wait to see her alongside Gerry Berry!!

    I'll definitely be renting THE PRINCESS OF MONTPESIER, it's sooo my cup of tea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohman. i hope everything turns out well for her!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very naughty Sunday as always, my friend. ;) I am sending tons of positive thoughts Catherine's way. She has been through a lot and I miss her effervescent charm and elegant beauty on the silver screen.

    Hope you had a wonderful weekend, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Flixy
    I can't wait to see the film she did with adorable Justin Barta, about a mature woman's fling with a much younger man :) It was finished more than a year ago but still hasn't been released. The two of them would be an adorable couple.
    PRINCESS is currently playing in US cinemas, so you might catch it!

    @Vics
    last thing I heard is that she is back to the set and starting filming her next project. She went to a clinic to solve the problems and to be relaxed and ready for her work.

    @Melsy
    I gotta spice up boring Sunday somehow :)
    Ah, I spent my weekend beside my cat, who gave birth to little kittens last night :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Best wishes to CZJ. It's nice of you to do that, Dezmond! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. it's nice from her to give us her magnificent and profound performances and to grace us with her refined beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Catherine Zeta Jones--she's so classy and lovely. Her family problems sound hard enough without fame thrown into the mix. Hopefully she'll be able to work again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hear she is already ready for the shooting of her next project :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I actually interviewed the author of How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack on my blog last year. Very cool guy. This is the first I've heard about a movie spinoff. Sounds interesting. The book is funny, a good coffee table book.

    Keep us posted, Dez!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.