Wednesday, April 20, 2011

CHARMING TRAILER FOR "MR. POPPER'S PENGUINS". J.J. ABRAM'S SECRET PROJECT "ZANBATO". ELIZABETH BANKS JOINS "HUNGER GAMES". REBECCA ROMIJN & THANDIE NEWTON IN "GOOD DEEDS"

Since I know most of my readers like HUNGER GAMES saga, here are new casting updates on the film adaptation. After Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson have taken the three lead roles in the story that will follow a cruel futuristic world in which teens have to fight in arenas, the project has new additions to the cast: style icon Elizabeth Banks will play Effie, the pink-haired chaperon to Katniss and Peeta, while young Leven Rambin and Jack Quaid (the son of Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan) will play Distric 1 tributes Marvel and Glimmer.

SHORT HEADLINES *Ah, finally some nice face in Baz Luhrmann's THE GREAT GATSBY adaptation. According to rumors he has offered Isla Fisher the role of Myrtle, a married woman having an affair with Tom Buchanan who will probably be
played by Ben Affleck. Leonardo DiCaprio will be Jay Gatsby, Tobey Maguire is Nick Carraway, and Carey Mulligan is Daisy. *Breathtaking Rebecca Romijn has joined GOOD DEEDS, as a businesswoman who left her career to be a mother. Beside her, the film will see Tyler Perry as a man who falls for a struggling single mother (Thandie Newton) just days before his wedding to a powerful woman (Gabrielle Union). *It appears that one of J.J. Abram's (STAR TREK) secret projects is ZANBATO, an epic with swashbuckling robots with swords, which will also be inspired by Japanese history.

And today, you can also check out the first trailer for Jim Carrey's upcoming new comedy MR. POPPER'S PENGUINS. Premiering this June and starring also Angela Lansbury and Carla Gugino, it follows a house painter Mr. Popper who pens a letter to a team of Arctic explorers, and gets surprised after receiving a penguin in the mail. Later, after making his mischievous new pal a cozy new home in the freezer, the hapless Mr. Popper comes into possession of a playful female penguin as well. Before long Mr. Popper finds himself surrounded by a growing family of the flightless birds, and begins training them to perform in a traveling show dubbed Popper's Performing Penguins.

37 comments:

  1. Super cast for The Great Gatsby but I don't know about Baz Luhrmann as director -- hmmmm. Mr. Popper's Penguins sounds like a fun little flick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that book, Mr. Poppers Penguins, as a kid. Who didn't want their own penquin after that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good choice for Effie and I'm interested in seeing THE GREAT GATSBY. In fact, I think I might have to read that one again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Debra
    he he with me it's the opposite, I love the director and hate the cast :)

    @MPax
    ah, I hear you, sister, I have my own penguin gang :)

    @Emily
    yep, Elizabeth Banks is a great addition to any cast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I recall that book Mr Popper's Penguins. The movie trailer doesn't do much for me.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah, how can you not like penguins, Arlee? :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Jim Carrey, but that movie just sounds like a garbled, fanciful mess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. swashbuckling robots with swords? ok...
    As much as I love Penguins, I'm a tad unsure about the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Matty
    b...b...but...but...there are penguins in it :)

    @Lyndylove
    well you can't leave robots unarmed :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like penguins just fine--loved March of the Penguins--but this movie trailer doesn't look the least bit intriguing to me.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh, I like Carey Mulligan as Daisy. I think I'm okay with DiCaprio too. For some reason that combination is kind of interesting to me. Ben Affleck is meh, though maybe he'll surprise me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Great Gatsby cast is kind of a weird combo. I don't know what to think. I will have to see the trailer on this. Mr. Poppers Penguins, well, I love Jim Carrey but the film itself worries me. : ) Kids will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mr. Poppers Penguins looks like it's going to be great fun.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Dezzy - Thanks for more info on The Hunger Games. And Mr. Poppers Penquins looks funny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow. That Hunger Games casting is as exciting as GWTW, isn't it? I think EB will be a great Effie, and I misted up when I saw the picture of the little girl playing Rue. Very exciting~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mr Poppers Penguins looks like a fun family movie, I hope it doesn't disappoint...You can never tell with Jim Carrey's movies...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha Dezz. You are so right. I overlooked the whole "Penguin" aspect. I'm sure it'll be a visual delight!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the continuing Hunger Games updates - I'm so excited to see it on the big screen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hunger Games is getting more and more interesting, Yeay for Liz Banks!

    I think I will pass on the penguin flick...meh!

    Custie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Mr. Popper's Penguins. It's penguins and that's all I need to know. :) I can't wait for The Great Gatsby because that is one of my favorite novels.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Isla Fisher is a stunner. I can watch her everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. @baygirl
    it's quite a popular project among the writers :)

    @Arlee
    it is a bit strange trailer!

    @Luanne
    glad at least someone likes the cast, unlike me :)

    @Nicole
    kids will indeed love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Masy
    it does :)

    @Shells
    I know you like the upcoming project :)

    @Leigh
    I swear, sister, I often don't know how to decipher your acronyms :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Summer
    it's true, you never know what to expect from Carrey's movies when it comes to quality

    @MAtty
    he he he :)

    @Suzy
    be welcome, I know most of my ladies are excited about that project :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Custard
    we do love, Liz Banks, yes? :)))

    @Melsy
    ah, I remember reading GATSBY at college for one of my courses, and I'm still not sure what to think about the book. I generally don't like stories about bored rich people, I prefer ones with message and the ones which are more socially responsible, but I did like the general atmosphere in the novel.

    @Jaccsy
    ah, didn't know you liked Isla :) She's a cutie pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh! the penguin movie looks cute! jim carrey can be so charming, when he isn't overly silly! i must be the only person who has no idea who elizabeth banks is! i'm with leigh, though. i could feel the tears coming when i saw the pic of the little girl cast as rue.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ow my God...the penguins looked sooooooooo adorable!!! really really cute!!
    on the other hand...Carrey looks really old now

    ReplyDelete
  28. My 10 year old is complaining that all the actors are too old. I would argue that Banks is too young. We were talking last night and decided John Cena should play Sinna the designer.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The penguin movie looks so DUMB! But, so CUTE at the same time. I might just have to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Dezzy, Oh ewe most definitely do love Liz...she is HAWT!! (or as my wife would say buff) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  31. It's got dancing penguins I'm there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think Elizabeth will make a great Effie!

    Hmmm...Carey and penguins. (having Ace Ventura flashbacks!!) I'll have to see about this one.

    The Gatsby lineup sounds pretty fantastic, though!

    ReplyDelete
  33. @Vics
    yep, Carrey can sometimes go to far with his comical acting. He just doesn't have any seriousness in him :)

    @Novroz
    ah, it's true, we all grow old with time, I actually have an article prepared on how some celebs have grown old, but I can't find the right time to publish hit :)

    @Budd
    I'm guessing you're talking about HUNGER GAMES. They've decided to go with a bit older actors, because the story is just too violent to have little kids acting in it, and plus they want to make the film interesting to older audience as well

    ReplyDelete
  34. @Clarissa
    he he I agree :)

    @Custy
    now you have someone to put against Mrs. Custard's brute Conan :)

    @Nadir
    we can't really miss that

    @Donea
    ah, glad at least someone likes the Gatsby cast unlike me :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anytime JJ Abrams has a secret project I get excited in that special way hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  36. he he. I'm also anxious to see what he will do next since I adored his STAR TREK

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.