Wednesday, April 27, 2011

MINDBLOWING SNEAK PEEK INTO "IMMORTALS" TRAILER! "THE BORGIAS" GET SECOND SEASON! "THE AVENGERS" START PRODUCTION

After HBO has ordered the second season of GAME OF THRONES, and Starz of CAMELOT, Showtime has ordered another season of their new historical show THE BORGIAS.
Earning critical and viewers' acclaim the show has had the best ratings for a new Showtime drama series in seven years. The show is even more popular than the cult series THE TUDORS. Ten new episodes will be shot this summer. Starring Jeremy Irons as Rodrigo Borgia, the cunning, manipulative patriarch of the Borgia family who builds an empire by bribing, buying and muscling his way into the papacy the story also follows his two sons and a daughter who commit virtually every sin in the book and invent more than a few of their own. You can catch THE BORGIAS Sundays at 10PM.

SHORT HEADLINES *Now, this is an unusual cast for a TV show: Olivia Munn and Marisa Tomei are in talks to join Jeff
Daniels
in HBO's pilot MORE AS THIS STORY DEVELOPS, which will follow an executive producer (Tomei) of a cable news show, her anchor (Daniels) and the financial analyst on the network (Munn). *Marvel has officially started the production on their super hero extravaganza THE AVENGERS which will have Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Mark Ruffalo as Hulk and Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow. The film hits cinemas May 2012.

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! It's here, it's here, it's here!!! :) "MovieWeb" has just released a short sneak peek of IMMORTALS trailer, HOLLYWOOD SPY's most anticipated film of the decade. And it
looks huge, epic, breathtaking, visually mesmerizing, it's everything we expected from director Tarsem Singh! Oh, are we finally going to get us a stunning historical epic, with action, with great story, with amazing sets with old style glamour and modern visual vibe? I can't wait to see the whole trailer for the film which hits cinemas this November with Henry Cavill, Mickey Rourke, Stephen Dorff,John Hurt, Isabel Lucas, Freida Pinto, Kellan Lutz,  Corey Sevier. Set in ancient Greece, the film follows brave Theseus and his struggle against the evil king Hyperion with the help of all Gods, his cunning slave and a visionary priestess.

27 comments:

  1. Immortals definitely has a 300 feel to it. Looks like there's another inspirational speech in there for me to study, too. :)

    Your enthusiasm is contagious. I wanna see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you seen other Tarsem's films, Luanne? You would adore THE FALL, I'm convinced!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh Olivia Munn, how you doin'! Another great pic, Dezz. An unusual cast, but sexy nonetheless.

    And I can't wait for The Avengers. Awesome cast and full of some of my favorite comic book characters.

    Immortals looks badass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he he ... I knew Matty would like him some Munn :)
    IMMORTALS will rock the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. IMMORTALS looks so pretty that I'm afraid they may have forgotten story, which is often the fate of sfx films.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure the story will be there, Lyndy, you would know that if you saw any of Tarsem's films :) He always have everything - the look and the depth and the actors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was gonna post it but I'd rather wait for the official HD version. Looks a lot like 300 but hopefully w/ Tarsem it's gonna be a whole lot more spectacular visually. Henry looks great, but that's to be expected :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I guess I'm in the minority with The Borgias. I think it's OK, but not fantastic, and I certainly liked The Tudors much better. But that's just me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I did see The Fall. And I did like it. Now that you bring it up, I think I remember watching the bonus material that included an interview with the director. I didn't know it was the same guy. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh. My. God!!! Immortals looks fan-freaking-tastic! Singh has definitely crafted a legendary picture worthy of the ancient gods.

    Yay for The Borgias! Jeremy Irons is incredible as Rodrigo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. crazy urban-punk visuals in the Immortals. Wow. So fascinating and interesting. Thanks, Dez~ :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, Immortals looks really delicous! now i can't wait to catch it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Men in Skirts? Swords and Magic? Sign me up dezzy!!

    I just watched the trailer over at Flixchatter and loved it. BUt as we all know by now I am not that hard to please!!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  14. Olivia Munn is soo pretty! I have never seen her acting skills but I guess I will see soon enough. Immortals looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If only the trailer wasn't a bootleg version, so it will be look more kewl and I believe you already fainted, nanny! ;P :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh...that does look good - thanks for sharing the clip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Difficult to believe they renewed Borgias. Usually relish historical drama but this one had nothing redeeming--constant drumbeat of diabolical ugliness.
    Almost certain you'll approve of my latest post, Dezzy. Don't worry--you're still the king of shirtless pix;) Rather partial to my entry though http://www.allthingsrarmitage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Flixy
    ah, I must admit I hate it :) when people keep comparing all the epics with 300. I mean it's swords and sandals, off course it will be similar. but NOT the same :)

    @Allyson
    actually, Allyson, I think THE TUDORS were much much better, at least the first two seasons, the last, fourth one, was quite bad.

    @Luanne
    he also did THE CELL with J.Lo, back when she was still normal :) It was a disturbing but visually stunning film.

    @Melsy
    ah, Melsy, I can't wait to get my hands on the whole full trailer :))

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Leigh
    glad you enjoyed it, Leigh :)

    @Levian
    super delicious, the feast of the century :)

    @Custie
    yep, I told Ruth she must watch the trailer, since it is both hers and mine fav movie of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Nicole
    she is very sexy, no wonder Justin Timberlake left Biel for her :)

    @Jaccsy
    yep, I haven't regained consciousness till early morning hours :))

    @Suzy and Vics
    glad you liked the trailer, ladies :)

    @RiCrAR
    yep, TUDORS were much more interesting, which is sad, since BORGIAS have the material to be super spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know it doesn't sound like me but I'll be looking for the Immortals.
    Must be something in the rain water...

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Immortals stars Henry Cavill which means I'm there! I loved him in The Tudors.

    Glad there will be more of those Borgias next season!

    ReplyDelete
  23. glad you like IMMORTALS, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well the sneak peek is certainly impressive! I'll be putting IMMORTALS on my list of movies to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Can never have enough Henry.

    Avengers is Joss Whedon, right? Wish he'd make us a new space opera.

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Emily
    it is super impressive :)

    @MPax
    off course you can't :)

    Yep, Avengers is Whedon. I'd also like a space opera :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.