Thursday, October 14, 2010

LUKE EVANS & ALICE EVE JOIN JOHN CUSACK IN EDGAR ALLAN POE INSPIRED "THE RAVEN" 2B SHOOT IN SERBIA. TARSEM SINGH OFFERED TO DIRECT "THE BROTHERS GRIMM: SNOW WHITE". VIRGINIA MADSEN & AIDAN QUINN LEARN "THE ART OF LOVE". COOL NEW PICS FROM "CONAN"

Period thriller THE RAVEN, directed by James McTeigue, which HOLLYWOOD SPY has written before, has got new, very pretty cast members: young Luke Evans and Alice Eve. Evans will play a detective who partners with Edgar Allan Poe (played by John Cusack) to search for a serial killer who has kidnapped the author's fiancee (Alice Eve) and has gone on a murder spree that mimics the author's work. The film will be partly shot in Serbia as well :)

One of my favourite directors, visual genius Tarsem Singh, who is currently working on his Greek epic IMMORTALS with Henry Cavill, Freida Pinto and Mickey Rourke, has just been offered a new gig - to direct THE BROTHERS GRIMM: SNOW WHITE. This would be a tale more connected with the 500 year old folk tale than with the Walt Disney's story. As you know, Universal is also making their version of the tale SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN and the two rival projects are apparently trying to get Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway, Scarlett Johansson and similar actresses for their leads.
According to "Hollywood Reporter" THE ART OF LOVE, a fantasy teenage romance, has got itself a quite respectable cast. Based on a book by Claude Dal Farra THE ART OF LOVE will see Olympia Dukakis and Virginia Madsen playing the last survivors of an ancient line of goddess worshipers, who sell art at a shop run by Madsen's husband (Aidan Quinn). When their teenage daughter falls in love with a poetically inclined boy (Sam Underwood), she begins to develop magical powers of her own.

And check out some cool new pics from the upcoming remake of the famous adventurous epic CONAN from
"Beyond Hollywood". We've already seen the pictures depicting Jason Momoa as the brave barbarian hero, but now, beside some pics of warriors, you can also see a glimpse of gorgeous Rachel Nichols who plays a queen's servant who is also, quite conveniently, skilled in martial arts, and will off course be Conan's love interest :) Directed by Marcus Nispel the film also stars Ron Perlman and Rose McGowan this time as the naughty villain.

25 comments:

  1. Lots of news today, Dezz! Looking forward to Conan.
    And glad to see you're nominated for the movie award! That's a given, because you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new Conan? I'm in.

    I'm not surprised they're using Perlman as the villain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alex
    glad you like it

    @Maria
    he's not the villain, Rose is :)))) she will play a witch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the nom!
    and i'm excited for the poe movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ron Perlman and Rose McGowan will make a wonderful villainous couple for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great stuff coming. A bit disappointed in the castin of 'The Raven.' Doesn't seem to support the intensity of the poem or the poet. And anyone who would cast Scarlett Johanssen in a movie immediately loses my serious critique. She may be beautiful, but she's lifeless and a poor, poor actress.

    It's been a while! Sorry about that, Dez!

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good informations, Dezmond. You really know everything about cinema. Well, I am going now to the Wall Street II. A hug from Brasil, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoever Luke ism he is a hottie....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Conan stills look impressive--didn't care for the original version. Actually, come to think of it, I never saw the original as far as I can remember.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  10. John Cusack playing yet another writer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool stuff--is that Raven anything like Poe's? just curious. Wow! V. Madsen... :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi DEZMOND - The Art of Love sounds good. Also, I like Anne Hathaway. Plus, I nominated you for another award on my blog cuz you're sweet. =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, Momoa as Conan! I thought he was great in Stargate: Atlantis, he'll make an excellent Conan. I'm really happy to see he's moved on to other great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Vics
    thanks, Vics, you can vote for me too :))) Please, do :)

    @Jaccsy
    yes, but if I remember correctly, Ron will not be a villain but Conan's father or something like that :)

    @Michelle
    I totally hear you about Scarlett, she really isn't talented for acting. Just looking pretty and kinda lost.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Thomaz
    thanks, my friend, say hello to Brazil for us :) and have a nice time in the cinema and say hello to Suzy as well:)

    @Avalon
    he's quite a busy guy, he was Apollo in CLASH OF THE TITANS and he will be a God again in IMMORTALS. He's one of those busy English talents :)

    @Arlee
    but I bet you've seen RED SONJA :ppp

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Lisa
    I guess he emits that kind of vibe :)))

    @LTM
    well, it is about Poe :) And Virginia is super gorgeous and super charming, I like her mellow beauty.

    @Shells
    thank you Bombshells :)) You know I appreciate it very much :) I'm sure that you will win the award in the nominated category yourself:)

    @Faith
    he really was charming in STARGATE and in BAYWATCH back in the past :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Raven sounds fascinating....
    I'm a big fan of the Roger Corman Poe films. Will this one recapture my imagination?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sure that Serbia's Belgrade playing the role of 19th century Baltimore will recapture your imagination :)))

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh that Evans is a right hotty!
    anyways..............ha ha.... I think The Raven sounds up my street, should be good, I like John Cusack too

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Dempsy
    yes, I wish I had abs like his :((

    @Clarissa
    glad you like it :0

    @Phylly
    I know Poe is popular over in Northern America :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhh, would love to see more of Luke Evans! :)

    Tarsem directing Brother Grimm would be a visual feast! Surely it'll be better than the Terry Gilliam version with Heath Ledger & Matt Damon. And heck yeah, I'd be more interested if it's more about the 500 year old folk tale than the Disney version.

    ReplyDelete
  22. yes, Gilliam's Grimm film was awful just like all other of his films are. I've never understood why some people like his work. Probably the MONTHY PYTHON thing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow.. lots of news. I'm interested in these dueling Snow White attempts....

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.