Saturday, August 28, 2010

BRAD PITT IN "RED DEAD REDEMPTION". JOHN CUSACK IS EDGAR A. POE IN "THE RAVEN". SPIELBERG'S "TERRA NOVA" GETS 1ST ACTORS. "THE 3 MUSKETEERS" PICS

According to "Show Biz Spy" (they are obviously a member of my guild), Brad Pitt will star in "Red Dead Redemption", a big screen adaptation of the popular video game. If this is true, Brad Pitt will take the role of renegade cowboy outlaw John Marston who is forced to hunt down members of his old gang in this Wild West epic with a few modern touches.

Steven Spielberg's ambitious and expensive new TV show "Terra Nova" has got first actors: young Allison Miller and hunky Jason O'Mara. Premiering next year "Terra Nova" will center on humans from the year 2149 who are forced to find a way to save the human race so they go on an expedition through a rip in the time-space continuum that can send them back to prehistoric Earth.

As you know Paul W.S. Anderson is currently shooting 3D adaptation of "The Three Musketeers", and yesterday the first pics from the set have been revealed showing young Logan Lerman with a strange hairdo and Mads Mikkelsen in his dashing costume. The stellar cast also includes Christoph Waltz, Orlando Bloom, Ray Stevenson, Luke Evans, Matthew Macfadyen and Milla Jovovich whom we've already seen in the costume of Milady De Winter.

John Cusack will play Edgar Allan Poe in the thriller "The Raven", based on the author's classic poem and directed by James McTeigue. The film follows the last five mysterious days of Edgar Allan Poe's life, when he gets wrapped up in a serial killer investigation. Joaquin Phoenix, Jeremy Renner and Ewan McGregor were mentioned before in connection with this project, but I don't know whether any of them is still in the cast.

23 comments:

  1. The second two projects sound truly excellent....
    I'll be watching for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Three Musketeers photo. I am looking forward to this adaption.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John Cusack is an interesting choice. I do like him as an actor, though.
    The Three Musketeers has an excellent cast. Waltz was outstanding in Inglorious Basterds.
    And yeah, a little bit the image and a lot the caption! Thanks, Dezz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo, that's a nice looking costume on Mads. I'm excited for this Musketeer adaptation, the cast is looking good, well except for Orlando Bloom, but if his part is small enough it won't dampen my excitement. Mads and Christoph are two of my fave movie villains, and them together in one movie is just awesome. Not to mention Ray Stevenson and Luke Evans... would love to see more of these guys in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Oh God, not yet another re-make of The Three Musketeers!

    Couldn't someone come up with something a little more original? Mind you, if Orlando Bloom is in the cast I may have to rethink on boycotting this.

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, forgot to mention that I REALLY like O'Mara in the canceled TV show Life on Mars. He's a charismatic actor, not to mention easy of the eye (what is it with the Irish dudes!. The premise sounds interesting too, Dez do you know if it's going to be on network TV (NBC, ABC, etc.) or cable channel?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see quirky John Cusack as Poe. Though I'd always choose Ewan McGregor for anything; his major acting chops always deliver.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I can't wait to see the Poe adaptation.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd rather Terra Nova be a feature movie than a TV series-- they get dragged out too long.

    I like John Cusack and I like Edgar Allan Poe. Could be interesting. Maybe Edward Norton might have been a better choice for Poe.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Avalon
    glad you like it :)

    @Alex
    Cusack was the best in IDENTITY.

    @Flixy
    Mads is one of my favourite Europeans in Hollywood, and Irish people really are stunning and gorgeous most of the time, it must be their Celtic genes :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Francine
    hey, F. welcome to HOLLYWOOD SPY, hope we'll be seeing you here often :)

    @Robert
    yes, Ewan is by far the best in that selection and it's always a true joy watching him act or sing.

    @Clarissa
    yep, Poe is popular across the ocean :)

    @Arlee
    eh, and I'm dying for a new sf show, so I'll oppose you on this one :)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. me too, Sharon ;) and welcome to HOLLYWOOD SPY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Raven sounds pretty cool. I'll be checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I just stare at Brad a little bit longer? This is "the" look for him, not the braided beard he sometimes wears! IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, Juls haven't seen you a long time :) Hope you've been doing fine. Yep, I don't understand his old/rugged look either, but then again I guess people age faster when living with Angelina Jolie :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Identity was great! I saw it in the theater. I'm also partial to Better Off Dead. Must be the teen memories I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm excited about Thre Three Musketeers - including Orlando. I had a friend who recently met him. He said he was sweet with the children who wanted autographs. Came down to their level and talked to them. It is too bad he can't seem to get away from the swashbuckling role, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Alex
    haven't heard of that one, Alex.

    @Shells
    Oh, please, Shells, like you really mind when Orly is swashing, buckling and whatever he's doing looking all romantic and steamy :))

    ReplyDelete
  19. We can really get a lot of very fresh informations on your blog. Congratulations again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooh i'm excited about all of these

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, Thomaz, always glad to have you here :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.