Monday, November 15, 2010

LUCAS FOSTER TO PRODUCE EGYPTIAN EPIC "ARMS OF THE SUN" ON NEFERTITI AND DRAGON EPIC "TEMERAIRE" BY PETER JACKSON. NEW ROLES FOR HAYDEN PANETTIERE & CHAD MICHAEL MURRAY

One of the most successful producers Lucas Foster (famous for blockbusters such as EQUILIBRIUM, MR. AND MRS. SMITH, JUMPER), who has recently been negotiating to shoot some of his future project in Serbia's PFI studios, is also planning to shoot THE ARMS OF THE SUN, an ambitious epic based on the romantic adventure novel by Roberto Zacco, who wrote a trilogy about the ancient Egyptian pharaohs but this book is focusing on Nefertiti, the first royal to advocate belief in a monotheistic religion and one of the most mysterious Egyptian rulers. The $30 million film could be shot in different exotic locations around the world including Morocco and Dubai, and hopefully in Serbia as well.

Lucas Foster also has in his future plans the making of fantasy epic TEMERAIRE, an adaption of Naomi Novik's saga about a British captain Will Laurence, who captures a French ship, where he discovers an unhatched dragon egg in the hold – a gift from the Emperor of China intended for Napoleon. When the egg hatches, he is forced to give up his naval career to become captain of the dragon he names Temeraire. Peter Jackson said a few years ago that he wants to direct this one in the future.

And to spice up the boring Monday, here's the part when I publish a story on some bad films just as an excuse to thrill your senses with some hot pics of hot hot people: gorgeous Hayden Panettiere
will star in DOWNERS GROVE, alongside Rebecca De Mornay, a film set in a high school in Chicago where every year, one senior dies a bizarre death before the end of the school year. Panettiere's character fears that she's the next victim. Equally gorgeous Chad Michale Murray will star in a horror film HAUNTING IN GEORGIA, as a husband of a young family which moves to a new house and gets beleaguered by ghosts and a terrifying mystery that haunts the new home.

26 comments:

  1. Not having read the books, I must say the overall idea for Temeraire sounds fantastic. Ever since I found out that PJ had acquired the film rights, I have eagerly anticipated hearing more about the adaptation and the chance to see it on the big screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, Jaccsy, lets hope the film will happen when he finishes THE HOBBIT and TINTIN! I like when he sticks to epic fantasy tales.

    I'm personally sorry I didn't translate TEMERAIRE myself since my publishing house publishes the saga in Serbia :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Temeraire sounds wonderful. I might see if I can get my hands on the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TEMERAIRE and THE ARMS OF THE SUN sound like they could be excellent!

    i'll probably go see (or rent) DOWNERS GROVE too. although it sounds like it could be pretty cheesy, i grew up fifteen miles away from the place. never heard of the premise though... wonder if it's an actual urban legend there or made up for the movie? in our town "there was a guy who kidnapped and murdered middle-schoolers who had to walk through the park to get home." not really, but whenever someone moved away you can guess what we were all saying "really" happened. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First two sound amazing. Especially if Jackson gets involved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first two could be amazing movies with all of the special effects today.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  7. ew, I would love to see something about Nefertiti... wasn't there a book just released about her? It was sort of a fictionalized history, I think...

    and wow--CMM. Did not even recognize~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. My current NaNo novel makes reference to the town of Downers Grove, but doesn't have anything to do with students dying. The movie doesn't sound overly exciting.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right now I'm sure Jackson could make any film he desires!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Summer
    on the bookS, it's a saga with many parts

    @Vics
    indeed, they sound good! And I see you have pocket full of urban legends :) Hope none of the students have urban legends about a hairnet lady who puts something strange in their food :PPP

    @Matthew
    yep, Jackson would guarantee a great film

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Masy
    they could, couldn't they?

    @Leigh
    yes, Nefertiti was very interesting, definitely my favourite Egyptian ruler along with her super interesting and unique husband, his parents and their children later on.

    @Arlee
    now, that' s lovely coincidence, you might even put Hayden in your book as well :P

    @Alex
    well, maybe not a sequel to KING KONG. That one was really really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Nefertiri project sounds intriguing, I can see how that'll look beautiful if they do it right. Man, PJ is one busy dude. I just hope he just concentrate on finishing Tintin and then hop on The Hobbit.

    You didn't like King Kong, Dez? I actually like that one, and I thought it should get more love than it did. Jamie Bell was great in it, too and Jack Black was surprisingly compelling as the lead. Oh, but now I remember, you don't really like Naomi Watts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There haven't been enough Egyptian mythology movies in recent years....
    I'm glad to hear someone's working on correcting that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard good things about Novik's novels and they are on my TBR list (which is growing ever taller and threatening to topple over and crush me). ANYway, my point is, I'm glad good things seem to be happening. I think it would make a great film.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Flixy
    no, I didn't like KING KONG at all. It takes the second spot on the list of films during which I fell asleep the most times :) Didn't like the actors, the story, the direction ... nothing.
    When it comes to Peter Jackson's films, beside off course LORD OF THE RINGS, I loved only HEAVENLY CREATURES, one of the first roles from Kate Winslet, which was one of my favourite films back when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Andrew
    let us just hope it won't take years and years for this Egyptian film to be made :( since Hollywood doesn't have a sensitive heart for such epics :(

    @Lyndylove
    it's still not happening, although Jackson apparently has the filming rights on that saga.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've always been fascinated with ancient Egypt and Nefertiti. These are some great ideas for future projects.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, cool films. I love mystery films like the last one.
    CD

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those films sound so cool, especially Downers Grove. Thanks for the hot off the press information!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Medeia
    they sure are, we love Egypt!

    @Clarissa
    oh, I'm shocked that you love mystery :PPP

    @Julie
    glad you liked the news, Julie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh ok then... surely you're not the only one not liking that film. I actually just bought the Blu-ray as it was on sale.

    Haven't seen Heavenly Creatures but I did hear good things about it and Kate's performance.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think you would actually fall in love with HEAVENLY CREATURES, Flixy :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. it might, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed since we've been hearing about this project for years now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh yes! This gets better and better! The Arms of the Sun and Temeraie are definitely my kind of movies!

    Another Haunting in Georgia? Really...or was this a documentary I am thinking about? Must have been a documentary since horror is not my thing. If the movie is based on what I have seen, then this is a true story.

    By the way, sweet Dezmond, you must have thought of me since I live in Georgia...

    ReplyDelete
  25. ah, Avalon, you should than prepare to be haunted by Chad Michael Murray :) I don't think you will call the ghostbusters :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.