Thursday, November 25, 2010

1ST POSTER FOR SPOOKY SF FILM "APOLLO 18". MARK WAHLBERG TAKES THE LEAD IN "UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE". CRAZY TRAILER FOR DISNEY'S "MARS NEEDS MOMS"

Here's the first poster for the new sf horror APOLLO 18 which is coming out next March. The spooky film will rely on found footage to tell its story.
The plot will revolve around recently discovered video shot by the crew of an abandoned moon mission from the early 70s. NASA claims that the mission never took place, but this new discovery reveals the existence of alien life and explains why NASA has hidden the footage for all of these years.

Ah, here's another film ruined by bad casting at the very beginning: Mark Wahlberg will take the lead role in UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE, the adaptation of the popular video game about a treasure hunter Nate Drake who believes he has learned the whereabouts of El Dorado, the fabled South American golden city, from a cursed golden statue. The search becomes competitive
when a rival hunter joins the fray, then mutated descendants of Spaniards and Nazis begin attacking those hoping to learn the treasure's true secrets. Wahlberg might be joined by Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci in this action adventure. The whole film would've been so much different if they took Nathan Fillion for the lead role :(

You can also check out the crazy trailer for Disney's MARS NEED MOMS animated film in which nine-year-old Milo finds out just how much he needs his mom when she's nabbed by Martians who plan to steal her mom-ness for their own young. Milo embarks on a quest to save his mom - a wild adventure that involves stowing away on a spaceship, navigating an elaborate, multi-level planet and taking on the alien nation and their leader. With the help of a tech-savvy, underground earthman named Gribble and a rebel Martian girl called Ki, Milo just might find his way back to his mom - in more ways than one. The film is out next Spring.

And HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my dear readers, visitors and friends over in U.S.A. HOLLYWOOD SPY is thankful for having you :)

28 comments:

  1. Apollo 18 looks like another horrid effort to cash in the recent fascination with the sort of 'Blair-Witch' style filmmaking that's taken off with Quarantine (aka Rec for the civilized world :P), Cloverfield, and Paranormal Activity

    ReplyDelete
  2. it could be, it could be, but this one might be interesting since it's set on moon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m a bit disappointed. Nothing against Mark Wahlberg, but I just don’t see him as Nathan Drake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share your feelings, Jaccsy :( Nathan Fillion would've rocked in that role.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because they have the same name??

    ReplyDelete
  6. no, but because he would give charisma, charm and relaxed humor to the role, and plus the whole geek-o-sphere was cheering for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually wanted an unknown actor for the role.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the trailer. I told my son I'd take him.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jaccsy
    an unknown actor would've been great as well.

    @Clarissa
    I hope the Martians won't take you when you go to the cinema :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see Nathan Fillion in UNCHARTED. He would be good. Know you're not celebrating Thanksgiving, but hope you have a wonderful day just the same.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agree. Should've gone to Fillion.
    The idea of Apollo whatsit sounds good, but I'm getting tired of those cam-job films. There's something to be said for clarity on the screen and a lot of those type of films make it difficult to make out anything (and the shaky footage makes me nauseous).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apollo 18 holds promise! And yes, Fillion would've been a better choice.
    Saw the trailer for Mars Needs Moms last night before Tangled - think I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never really cared too much for scifi or horror flicks but if done well, I do like me a good alien movie. ;o

    Here's hoping Apollo 18 is halfway decent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the osund of Apollo 18 and despite the title, I LOVE the animation of Mars Needs Moms. Definitely will see that. Crazy good animation. Shame about the title.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Masy
    yes, I do not celebrate Thanksgiving :) My day was spent 90% in working and 10% in cooking :)

    @Avalon
    be careful, we don't want them steal you away from us ;)

    @Ian
    hey, Ian, glad you agree with me about Fillion ;) And yes, such films definitely make us nauseous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Alex
    so we can expect TANGLED review soon?

    @Amanda
    we shall keep our fingers crossed as always :)

    @Lynda
    yes, the animation is very interesting. I first didn't like it, in the first few seconds of the trailer, but then I absolutely loved it in the scenes with the Martian city :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ya! What the crap! Why would they cast Mark Walberg instead of Nathan Fillion? I mean for one Nathan Fillion can actually ACT and for two, he's freaking awesome!!!! Such a pity, and I was about to get excited for that movie. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. yep, Bry, I hear and share your pain about this :) It's zero excitement for us now...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dezmond,
    The only film I ever loved Mark Wahlberg in is BOOGIE NIGHTS.

    Don't know about Apollo 18 but it does have a great tagline!

    Mars Needs Moms looks so cute! Will see it on Netflix sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I guess he knows how to boogie :)
    I like APOLLO 18's tagline as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Btw Dez, it's Mark not Michael Wahlberg :) Guess what, I was at a superstore earlier today when Uncharted was playing in one of the tv screens. I immediately thought hmmm, perhaps Richard Armitage or Karl Urban could play that role. Heh, nothing against Wahlberg but I just don't think he'd be a good fit. I'd rather see Fillion now that a few people mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I didn't even noticed I named him Michael in the post, but I did call him right in the tittle and in the pic :) It just shows how much I (don't) care about him :) I've corrected it.
    Karl is the first name which falls upon my mind when I hear about pretty much any role. Hell, his name is the first one that falls upon my mind when I wake up every day :PPP

    ReplyDelete
  23. Apollo 18 looks like it will be pure win. I'm disappointed that Nathan Fillion didn't get the part of Drake, he can play the cocky adventurer a lot better than Mark Whalberg.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Apollo 18, Amazing how this real footage looks exactly like every other "amateur"-filmed, with the exact-same style of shitty acting.still looks like a good movie to see. I cant waiting this movie coming April. Entertainment Bay

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.