Tuesday, January 6, 2015

CHARACTER PHOTOS AND SPOTLIGHT ON HISTORY'S EPIC MINI TV SERIES 'SONS OF LIBERTY' WITH BEN BARNES, JASON O'MARA, RAFE SPALL, MARTON CSOKAS

  HISTORY'S 'SONS OF LIBERTY'
SERIES CHARACTER IMAGES
Still no movie news to share with you after the festive period, so I will entertain you today with the spotlight on upcoming new historical mini series SONS OF LIBERTY which is opening its first episode at History Channel on Sunday January 25th in a three night event set in the American Revolutionary War era with the second and third episode airing on Monday and Tuesday! Directed by Kari Skogland, the epic series will have its music composed by Oscar winner Hans Zimmer.

  THE STORY OF REVOLUTION
REBELS BECOME HEROES
The six hour show will revolve around a defiant and radical group of young men – Sam Adams (Ben Barnes), a natural born leader who accidentally sets in motion the revolution while trying to clear his debts and the unrest he triggers leads to unexpected consequences, John Adams (Henry Thomas), a lawyer and Sam's conservative, smart cousin, Paul Revere (Michael Raymond James), a veteran who wholeheartedly joins forces with Sam Adams, John Hancock (Rafe Spall), the wealthiest man in Boston at the time who joins the group after the British try to destroy his merchant fleet of ships, and Joseph Warren (Ryan Eggold), a doctor and man of conscience and integrity, – as they band together in secrecy to change the course of history and make America a nation. TERRA NOVA'S Jason O'Mara will play George Washington, a former British Army officer, who has become a farmer in Virginia and one of the most respected men in his colony whose advice sets some of the groundwork for what will become the legendary Colonial Army, while Dean Norris is portraying brilliant yet mischievous Benjamin Franklin, and Marton Csokas will be General Thomas Gage who is sent to handle the colonial unrest in Boston. The brutal tactics he employs put the city on edge and his soldiers actions ultimately light the fuse on a rebellion that cannot be stopped. Emily Berrington will play his wife Margaret, who stuck in the abusive marriage, eventually provides the SONS OF LIBERTY with some of their most useful intelligence in their early clashes with the British.

41 comments:

  1. Jason would like Sons of Liberty. If I have enough space on my dvr, I might be nice and record it for him.

    Did you watch Galavant last night? I have it recorded, but probably won't watch them all until they are over. If so, what did you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, so unselfish of you :)

      I haven't, but I hear some people liked it and found it hilarious. It is a bit difficult for us who aren't native speakers to get the humour in songs and singing. I'm watching MARCO POLO currently and it is dreadfully boring. Can't wait for BABY DADDY to start next week again!

      Delete
    2. Oh, he gets pretty pissed that I take up all the dvr space. He even bought me a bigger one in hopes he could squeeze some shows in there, but I have that about full now too. I just say, "dahling, shut up. You have a hot wife who takes care of your house and kids. You can't have dvr space on top of that too. That would be getting greedy then!" :)

      Glad I skipped over Marco Polo. I thought about that one, figured I'd catch it on Netflix if the reviews were good. Apparently they aren't.

      Delete
    3. can't you cut some of the shows onto disks?

      Delete
    4. Probably, but I'm too lazy. I do record a few shows that we both like, like Parenthood and New Girl, and as long as I take an hour out of my night to sit down and watch something with him, he seems happy enough.

      I did record that live Peter Pan and we just got around watching that tonight. I only made it 5 minutes in before falling asleep. It was terrible. Though Jason and Mariah sat through it all. Freed up 3 hours on the dvr when it was over, though, so that was a good thing :)

      Delete
  2. I do love this era of American history, so I have high hopes for this one. The Jamie Bell series, Turn, has been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, look who decided to return to the living :) I haven't seen TURN but I know many people liked it. I like Rafe Spall and O'Mara, so I might watch this one, especially if History airs it here on the cable as well. They were a bit late with VIKINGS and KLONDIKE if I recall

      Delete
  3. Could we get a modern take on Sons of Liberty, where they are rebel bikers out for liberty and death...
    oh sorry, that is Sons of Anarchy.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've kinda skipped that one, and BREAKING BAD too :)

      Delete
  4. That looks promising and Dean Norris as Benjamin Franklin, great casting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant get past their costumes!! They really look like they belong in that time period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the whole production looks quite expensive too

      Delete
  6. I do like the costumes. I wonder though, is it me or do they have the look of wax figures in a museum? I might actually take this in. Thanks, Dezzy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of these photos above are part of their photo shoot in which they imitated the oil portraits which exist of their real historical counterparts :) That is why they look like they were painted. I should have mentioned it in the post

      Delete
    2. "...they imitated the oil portraits which exist of their real historical counterparts..."

      That's a brilliant idea! Thank you :))

      Delete
    3. yep, you can find them compared here: http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/zap2it_first_sons_of_liberty_portraits_george_washington_john_adams-2014-12

      Delete
  7. I'm going to ask a completely weird question...but do you make these photos yourself? They're always so classy, with the same font, but it's almost as if the actors posed just for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dezzy has a special private collection of hunky actors who pose just for him. These guys are wearing far too many clothes :)

      Delete
    2. I do admit of being a king of visual splendour :) Dezzy is a style icon when it comes to layouts, colours and photos and banners :) It is extremely fun writing in HOLLYWOOD SPY at Google Image search and seeing tones of truly gorgeous photos of celebs that I used over the years, it really shows that they all have that classy or sexy aspect to them, which means the spy has a well build image :)

      Delete
    3. @Annzie and Dixie
      I do admit of having many naughty galleries in my vaults :)

      Delete
    4. You does dahling and moi appreciates them :0)

      Delete
    5. we is very appreciative of the lifegiving naughtiness :)

      Delete
    6. Oh yes, after I had a peek at the link you left Sister Theresa, I baked corn bread ALL day.

      Delete
    7. we always aim to be an inspiration :)

      Delete
  8. This has got some high production value to it. That scene with the ships is epic and the costumes look authentic to the period.

    A show about a Country gaining it's Independence from England is good with me. Colour me there :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I wasn't going to watch it until I saw that trailer, it really looks lavish and like a cinema movie.

      Dahlink, our dear Colin Morgan will soon shoot a movie about one of Irish rebellions, it should be really interesting to watch

      Delete
    2. Ooooh I'll be looking forward to that one for sure.

      Delete
    3. they're gathering funds over at KickStarter

      Delete
  9. Okay, I'm giving Jason O'Mara the nod for making me look twice. That could be purely because his hair looks real! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love him.. still remember his shirtless scenes from TERRA NOVA :) Such an underrated actor... Hollywood should use him more

      Delete
  10. This looks very interesting. I like watching things with costumes and historical flair. I don't care for the wigs, though. They look so much better without.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do hate the wigs... thankfully we don't have to wear those these days

      Delete
  11. Very interesting! Looking forward to this!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks good! Do you know where it was filmed?

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.