Saturday, January 3, 2015

NEW SITCOMS COMING TO TV SOON: 'THE ODD COUPLE' WITH MATTHEW PERRY, THOMAS LENNON, DARREN STAR'S 'YOUNGER' WITH SUTTON FOSTER, HILARY DUFF, DEBI MAZAR, NICO TORTORELLA

 'THE ODD COUPLE' AT CBS TO
PERFECTLY MISMATCH MATTHEW PERRY AND THOMAS LENNON
Today I'm presenting you two new comedy series which will hit the small screens in next few weeks, starting with the remake of THE ODD COUPLE which starts at CBS February 19th! Matthew Perry stars as sports writer, ladies' man, and famous curmudgeon, Oscar Madison,  in this half hour comedy. Oscar's life seems almost perfect... sure he's divorced and his apartment is a mess, but he's the host of a well-known sports show, and is enjoying his bachelor lifestyle in New York City. That is until his college friend, Felix (Thomas Lennon), shows up at Oscar's apartment having just been dumped by his wife. Oscar does his best to console his old buddy and get him back on the dating horse, but his attempts uncover just how unresolved his own feelings are about his ex. Lauren Graham will guest star as Oscar's ex wife!

  DARREN STAR'S 'YOUNGER' 
WITH HILARY DUFF, DEBI MAZAR AND SUTTON FOSTER
Starting January 13th over at TV Land is Darren Star's new comedy series YOUNGER starring Sutton Foster, Hilary Duff, Debi Mazar, Nico Tortorella and Miriam Shor! YOUNGER follows 40-year-old Liza (Sutton Foster), a suddenly single mother who tries to get back into the working world, only to find out it's nearly impossible to start at the bottom at her age. When a chance encounter with a 20-something guy at a bar convinces her she looks younger than she is, Liza tries to pass herself off as 26 - with the help of a makeover, courtesy of her best friend Maggie (Debi Mazar). Armed with new confidence, she lands a job as an assistant to the temperamental Diana (Miriam Shor) and teams up with her new co-worker and fellow 20-something Kelsey (Hilary Duff) to make it in the career of her dreams.

32 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing how The Odd Couple does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, I love multiple camera sitcoms and we don't have enough of those! Hope we get the first trailer soon

      Delete
  2. Younger looks interesting, but I'll take a pass on Odd Couple. Even if I wasn't tired of remakes, I really can't stand any of the old Friends cast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't? How come? Admittedly, Matthew Perry's previous sitcom GO ON was godawful, but it was a single camera one ... the same goes for everything Courtney Cox and Matthew Lawrence did after FRIENDS.

      Delete
  3. I so loved the original Odd Couple. I do hope this will be a hit. And more importantly, that we get to see it in Middle Earth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed for the Middle Earth, we never get sitcoms here, except on some foreign cable channels

      Delete
  4. The original Odd Couple was fun! I hope this one is as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope "The Odd Couple" works out for Matthew Perry. Every project he's had since "Friends" has bombed. I loved the original movie and the first TV series of "The Odd Couple" when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, he's a great actor but had horrible series after FRIENDS.

      Delete
  6. Hmmm. I am debating on The Odd Couple. Don't know if I want to add that into my lineup yet or not. Maybe I'll wait to see what everyone else says, then catch up next season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or catch up on it during summer, I love doing that, but sadly this year there will be no leftovers for me since I barely had what to watch during the season as it is

      Delete
  7. Younger looks interesting. I didn't know Duff acted.

    I loved the original Odd Couple. I never imagined a remake. Maybe it'll be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duff is first an actress and only then a singer :)

      Delete
  8. Younger seems to be one to watch. Not so sure of the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perry and Lennon need to find that chemistry that makes them "The Odd Couple." I think it's as much off screen as on screen... (meh-meh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not scared for Perry, but Lennon has always been quite plastic in his acting, so he might be a possible problem in that cast. He is overly theatrical. His character was deeply off-putting in SEAN SAVES THE WORLD

      Delete
    2. That's where I've seen him. I agree.

      Delete
    3. Such a lovely sitcom it was, but not thanks to him....

      Delete
  10. I'll be checking out The Odd Couple.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Chandler Bing is no longer the nerdy awkward roommate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure he is still quite awkward which is why we love him

      Delete
  12. Ooh, Thank you for this. "Younger" is just what I need to watch. Excited to see it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor Matthew Perry. Do you think this will finally be the ONE post-Friend sitcom that finally takes off for him? Maybe he needs to take a lesson from Lisa Kudrow and go a little smaller and more independent with his comedies. Or maybe this one will work. Mostly I've been disappointed with the sitcoms they've released over the past year or two. They all seem substandard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From last year I really loved UNDATEABLE and cannot wait for the second season, BABY DADDY is good as always, sweet and charming, VICIOUS was unbelievably hilarious too. Hope some of the new ones starting this spring will be good?

      Delete
  14. When I noticed the "Odd Couple", for one moment of thought it had something to do with David Cameron and Barack Obama.

    No doubt, we shall end up getting the shows mentioned over here in lil' ol Britain. Heck we get "Killer Karaoke" etc. British telly is doomed!

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They ain't that odd, both evil and spreading death around the world... Obama bombed seven countries in five years after receiving Nobel Peace Prize.... Pure evil he is...

      Delete
  15. Younger looks cute. Maybe I'll try that - 26 would be fun to go back to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure would, I'd go wild if me was that age again

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.