Wednesday, January 14, 2015

HUGH JACKMAN IN OLYMPIC MOVIE 'EDDIE THE EAGLE'! HILARIOUS 'SPY' TRAILER WITH MELISSA MCCARTHY, JASON STATHAM, JUDE LAW! JULIETTE BINOCHE VS POLAR WINTER IN 'NOBODY WANTS THE NIGHT' TRAILER

HUGH JACKMAN GOES
OLYMPIC IN 'EDDIE THE EAGLE'
Beside shinning at the theatres, Hugh Jackman has just added another new big screen role. As 'The Daily Mail' writes, he will star in Olympic biopic EDDIE THE EAGLE the true story of Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards, the first British ski jumper in Olympic history. Although he took last place in both of his ski jumping events at the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary, EDDIE THE EAGLE Edwards became a media sensation. Hugh Jackman will play Chuck Berghorn, a ski jumping expert from Lake Placid who helps Eddie train for the Calgary Olympics, while Taron Egerton has won the lead role in a competitive audition with other young stars. Timothy Spall is wanted for the role of his father. Hugh has two big blockbusters out this year: CHAPPIE and PAN

'NOBODY WANTS NIGHT' TRAILER
JULIETTE BINOCHE IN POLAR PERIOD SET ADVENTURE DRAMA
First trailer for today is for freezing polar winter set period drama NOBODY WANTS THE NIGHT which will open Berlin Film Festival next month! Set in 1908 Greenland, it is based on the true story of Arctic  adventurer Robert Peary (Gabriel Byrne) and the two women - Josephine Peary (Juliette Binoche) and Allaka (Rinko Kikuchi) - who love him. They find themselves drawn together as they await his return on a frozen and inhospitable landscape.



HILARIOUS 'SPY' TRAILER
WITH MELISSA MCCARTHY, JASON STATHAM AND JUDE LAW
Your second trailer for today has the strangest of combinations: Melissa McCarthy and Jason Statham in SPY action adventure comedy which comes to cinemas next May also starring Jude Law, Rose Byrne and Morena Baccarin! Susan Cooper (Melissa McCarthy) is an unassuming, deskbound CIA analyst, and the unsung hero behind the Agency's most dangerous missions. But when her partner (Jude Law) falls off the grid and another top agent (Jason Statham) is compromised, she volunteers to go deep undercover to infiltrate the world of a deadly arms dealer, and prevent a global disaster.

33 comments:

  1. I haven't really cared for anything McCarthy has done to date, but this looks like it has potential.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed on that, while I like her in MIKE AND MOLLY, I've never really liked any of her movies because she gets cynical in them

      Delete
  2. Melissa McCarthy is certainly playing a feisty protagonist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and they glamed her up in some of the scenes :)

      Delete
  3. Fun day, Dezz. A Spy is born! and I love Jude Law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first Melissa McCarthy movie I've thought I might like. I agree with you, Dez, she seems too mean and annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like her when she is cynical and mean, I've never appreciated that kind of humour

      Delete
  5. Bummer. I can't get the trailer to play. That happens to me sometimes and i can't figure out why. :( Spy looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've put a new trailer for THE NIGHT... it seems the video is being taken down from YouTube, hope this one will last longer

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I laugh at the sneeze! Is that bad?

      Delete
  6. Oh, I think Melissa McCarthy is hilarious. I totally get her. And that clip is great, with her playing opposite Jude Law and Jason Statham. I think it will be funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy Jude Law!! Will have to look for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know a lot of people who really like Melissa McCarthy, but I'm not really a fan. Maybe I need some therapy.
    I hope Hugh Jackman does well in these three movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like her only in MIKE AND MOLLY and GILMORE GIRLS, but not in her movies which are often offensive and rude

      Delete
  9. They sure make good use of the "F" word is SPY, but it still looks pretty good to me. I like that they don't have Melissa playing another trailer trash role again. I like her so much better when she seems like a normal gal with a witty sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually don't watch Melissa McCarthy movies but I'll make an exception with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this one seems better suited for the wider audience

      Delete
  11. Spy looks awesome. The Heat was hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! Spy will be so funny. And when there is a Hugh Jackman movie, I'm there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jude Law will make a great spy...He might already be MI6...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is my theory too! And Judi Dench is the secret head of MI5

      Delete
  14. Nobody Wants Winter looks excellent. Brutal story, but very real. There's some fantastic camera work and the actors working in that location are courageous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved movies and series shot in polar regions.

      Delete
  15. Eddy the eagle must be a comedie! From the snow to the hospital!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.