Tuesday, January 13, 2015

GOLDEN GLOBES 2015 FASHION REPORT: BEST AND WORST DRESSED! WES BENTLEY, MICHAEL C. HALL JOIN ROBERT REDFORD, BRYCE DALLAS HOWARD IN 'PETE'S DRAGON'

'PETE'S DRAGON' REMAKE GETS
WES BENTLEY & MICHAEL C.HALL
In today's movie news, the upcoming Disney's big screen remake of 1977's children movie PETE'S DRAGON has added new names to its cast according to 'Variety': DEXTER's Michael C. Hall and Wes Bentley are the latest to join Robert Redford and Bryce Dallas Howard in the film in which newcomer Oakes Fegley plays little Pete whose best friend happens to be a dragon with whom he lives in a forest after his parents died in a car accident. Robert Redford will be playing a local resident who tells tales of dragons that no one in town believes, and Bryce might play his daughter! Oona Laurence will play the daughter of a mill owner, while the other characters will include a forest ranger who finds young Pete, the mill owner and his greedy brother.

GOLDEN GLOBES 2015
RED CARPET FASHION REPORT 
So, tell me people, how did you like Golden Globes 2015 awards last night? Boring as always, yes? No? How did you like the fashion? If you ask me, the fashion wasn't impressive this year for some reason!
THE BEST DRESSED
Although nobody has really wowed me, two of the best dressed ladies were, ironically the two actresses I personally don't like much -  Jessica Chastain in glamorous dark bronze and Anna Kendrick in magical organza.
LADIES IN RED
The ladies in red were also looking lovely, especially Allison Williams and Viola Davis, and while it was beautiful seeing Catherine Zeta  Jones shinning again at the red carpet, Heidi Klum brought hotness in sexy Versaci.
LADIES IN WHITE
Kate Hudson also looked sexy in Versaci while the other ladies opting for white, Emily Blunt, Salma Hayek and Reese Witherspoon all  looked sleek and pristine. Also opting for light beige shades were Chrissy Teigen, Jennifer Lopez and Kate Beckinsale in sparkly Ellie Saab.
LADIES IN BLUE
When it comes to the ladies wearing blue last night, I think only Amy Adams managed to pull it of with elegance, while Felicity Jones, Katherine Heigl and Julianne Moore didn't really amaze us.
THE WORST DRESSED
No surprises in the worst dressed category which was again mostly ruled by the same ladies that lack style every year: Lena Dunham, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Juliana Margulies looked clumsy in their unflattering dresses, while Keira Knightley and Claire Danes looked almost ridiculous.

43 comments:

  1. Yikes.....what a stressful night it must be for actresses not only for the awards ceremony, but making the worst dressed list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They probably feel miserable for ending up on our black list LOL

      Delete
  2. I'd have to agree with your picks for worst dressed. Why would you even go out in public looking like that? I thought Catherine Zeta Jones looked really pretty. J Lo looked good - but only she could pull off wearing a dress like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From year to year some of them always seem to shock us with their choices....
      I was very happy to see Catherine at the red carpet after a long time again

      Delete
  3. Simple and elegant always catches my eye. Spare me bows and flounces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see snotty Jen didn't win!!!
    YAY!!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate Hudson looks pretty good! Gorgeous dress (I'd never wear it though)

    And PETE'S DRAGON sounds wonderful! I have vague memories of the original (I'm showing my age).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and seriously, what was Keira Knightley thinking!!!!

      Delete
    2. I think Lady Gaga wore a very similar dress from Versaci last year.
      Keira always lacked style... and acting talent too :)

      Delete
  6. I think Anna Kendrik look absolutely beautiful (and natural) :) and Julianne Moore is beauty too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like that style of gowns that Anna is wearing, fairies always rule!

      Delete
  7. Omg I LOVED Dexter!!!! Did you watch it? I still get legitimately disturbed when I think of the ending. It bothers me to the point that my subconscious thinks they are real people. Sigh...

    In more relevance, my favorite is Amy Adams. I'm a huge fan of hers. She pulled off that dress wonderfully. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, haven't watched it, I don't do overly violent shows and those which glorify killings and glamorize them

      Amy really looked lovely!

      Delete
  8. Averaging everything - hair, make up, jewelry, handbag, dress - I said averaging.... for me: Viola Davis. She is consistently well put together. I don't know who handles her, but that look at the whole package. I would like to see what the decor down the front is. But even with that she has the body to carry it. enough said.

    Oh but I would like to see the dragon!(smile)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't wait to see the dragon... he will be done CGI but the movie will be live action!

      Delete
  9. Nobody really wowed me at the Golden Globes this year either. But I was very happy to see Maggie Gyllenhaal win. Just got done watching the series The Honorable Woman. Really intense stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she should have worn something better fitting while accepting the award :) She looked like a granny... not that she ever looked young

      Delete
  10. I just love Amy Adams. She's so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad she won the award last night, and Eddie Redmayne too

      Delete
  11. I think they all look "meh". I do agree with you on Anna Kendrick. I like the dress. Jessica's though, not so much. Reminds me of a trash bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stand either of them as actresses, but they did look better than the others

      Delete
  12. I thought PETE'S DRAGONs name was Puff the Magic Dragon...

    ReplyDelete
  13. You totally forgot to include my red carpet pic. I'm sad. But I'll forgive. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Knightley's gown is bizarre.

    I love the color red, although Margulies and Dunham messed up with gowns of that color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was beyond bizarre, she competed for the most bizarre gown with the wife of Jamie Dornan

      Delete
  15. i didn't watch, i am giving up award shows... unless, well okay i am giving them up for good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kate Hudson looks amazing!. Emily Blunt will always be my favorite, whatever she wears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is my fave of the young actresses, but I wish she had more style, I want to see her wearing Elie Saab or Zuhair Murad

      Delete
  17. I'm not sure what counts as good for fashion, but I don't mind seeing more women dress like Kate Hudson

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't see the show, but it appears there was no shortage of Golden Globes there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched the show in years, ever since it became ridiculous :) That goes for the Oscars too

      Delete
  19. Lovely looking ladies! Well dressed or not!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.