Thursday, October 11, 2012

RYAN REYNOLDS HEARS "THE VOICES"? NEIL FINN TO SING "THE HOBBIT" SONG! FANTASY SAGAS "BLACK CITY" & "ENORMOUS" GET FILM ADAPTATIONS! DAN KNAUF TO RUN JONATHAN RHYS MEYERS' "DRACULA" SHOW

We've had a lot of really strange scripts recently, from Mark Wahlberg having a talking teddy bear as best friend in TED, to Daniel Radcliffe growing real horns on his forehead in HORNS, to KStew being deemed prettier than
 Charlize Theron by some mirror in SNOW WHITE, and now we shall see the freshly married Ryan Reynolds doing something equally ridiculous in THE VOICES.  According to "Deadline" the psychological thriller centres on Jerry Hickfang (Ryan Reynolds), a bizarre man who works at a bathtub factory and pines for the woman in accounting. When their relationship takes a violent turn for the worse, Jerry consults with his evil talking cat and kind talking dog to get him out of this situation, that eventually leads to his salvation. Why are cats always getting villainous parts? I've never heard of someone being eaten by a cat, while people do often end up being bitten or eaten by dogs.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
 According to "DIgital Spy" new show DRACULA, which will air at NBC in USA and Sky in UK, and will have THE TUDORS' Jonathan
  Rhys Meyers in the title role, has got Dan Knauf as the showrunner. He previously worked on SPARTACUS BLOOD AND SAND. As I've reported before the show will see the Count arrive in Victorian London, posing as an American entrepreneur and planning to wreak havoc. However, his plans are derailed when he encounters a woman who appears identical to his dead wife. It will be a period set series in ten episodes. When it comes to your favourite THE HOBBIT updates, after Peter Jackson had Enya and Annie Lennox singing main songs for LORD OF THE RINGS, the first part of his prequel saga will have Neil Finn from Crowded House performing the end credits song. What a strange, strange choice. Does he know something we don't about Finn's voice?
FANTASY HEADLINES
In fantasy news today,  "MovieWeb" reports that yet to be released fantasy book saga BLACK CITY by Elizabeth Richards (the first book is out November)
will get a movie adaptation. The book tells the story of a city where humans and Darklings are separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war: sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable by falling in love. Oh, Lord, save us from the YA mania. Meanwhile "Heat Vision" reports that graphic novel ENORMOUS is also getting a movie version. Set in a world where an ecological event causes monstrous creatures to destroy civilization as we know it, the plot centers on a woman who tries to save lost children in this new, chaotic world. There's a plan to make films, video games and TV series out of this saga.

36 comments:

  1. Don't be fooled by cats. They will eat your eyeballs if you die in their presence. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, but they will eat your eyeballs only after dogs kill you :))) I'm sure HRH would never hurt you (well, at least not lethally LOL)

      Delete
  2. Cats are plotters, which makes them crazy evil. The only thing my dog can concentrate on for more than two seconds is the squirrel in the backyard.

    And for some reason I'm really excited about that Dracula show. I don't even like vampires, but I do like JRM very much. He's very charismatic, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but cats just plot, the stupid ones carry out their plans... and those would be the dogs :PPPPP
      He is, too bad he has so many private problems with addiction and such things :( Makes me wanna open a counselling practice for celebrities :(

      Delete

    2. It really is sad how many creative people succumb to addiction problems and depression. The two just seem to go hand in hand so often. We do like a comeback story, though, don't we?

      Delete
    3. we do :) I know that he was in some clinic in Paris, I hope he managed to solve his problems. So sad when you got everything - fame, extreme talent, extreme beauty, fortune, fans - and yet you feel lost... I always think such celebs should just visit some orphanages or kids hospitals and will fill their soul with warmth if they do some good things on such places

      Delete
    4. He's a tortured soul that one and it's a sad thing. Too many of them come to a bad end when they go on like this and I don't want to read something tragic in the headlines about him.

      Delete
    5. I think he needs some sweet lurv in his life, love often cures everything....

      Delete
  3. I'm getting tired of YA romances. And I don't know why cats always get the bad wrap either!

    That is surely a delicious pic of Ryan. Very good for my morning :)

    Oh, and consider yourself squished in a huuugg :)

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get the YA craze over in USA, it is like the worst possible genre of literature with zero quality.
      Knew my ladies would like Ryan's pic :)

      Delete
  4. Did Ryan lose a bet or owe somebody a favour?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I see this is the freaky shows post.

    I do love that the dog (as well as the cat) are evil. It's about time the truth was known. tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH GOD,bless your sweet soul for posting that pic of my fantasy guy Ryan Reynolds right at dinner time. Such sweet, delicious dessert. YUMMY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel blessed now :) I fed the hungry ones.. :)

      Delete
  7. Cats are gorgeous!! Just don't walk down a dark hallway when they are in a playful mood...

    I get this strong impression you aren't into 'YA mania' ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? Me not liking YA.... pfffft.... nonsense.... :PPPP

      Delete
  8. Neil Finn is a great choice for the song. So talented and he's not much younger than me. He's got this really, really nice studio. You'd love it, it's very stylish and chic and not at all like a typical recording studio.

    I am pretty well vamp'd out but for JRM, I'll do Dracula. I do wish our pretty one would get himself straightened out though.

    And as for Black City-no, no, no. Not another one of these YA trash books adapted for movies. That horrid Twilight took a dangerous trend and made it into a tidal wave. We'll not see an improvement in the state of YA fiction anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember anything from CROWDED HOUSE, although I know they were popular before my birth :) I can't remember how Finn looks like. Does he have an epic voice? Maybe it will be a fun song, since it is about dwarves and hobbits...

      I cannot stand YA anymore... the amount of irresponsibility of the YA writers is of danger to the whole world. I'd put most of YA writers into prison, you know :)

      Delete
  9. I love JRM and hope that he gets well very soon. We need creative spirits like his in this world. I'm looking forward to his Dracula because you know how love all things werewolf and vampire. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Voices sounds like some twisted version of Dr. DoLittle. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you Dezz!! why is it always cat as the "evil" one.
    That movie sounds quite odd by the way

    ReplyDelete
  12. black city just sounds like a romeo and juliet rehash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a total rehash.... you should not expect originality from YA authors, just deep irresponsibility and inept writing skills.

      Delete
  13. I like Ryan Reynolds, but that storyline sounds a bit weird. Then again, it can't be stranger than Joe's Apartment and I loved that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and it cannot be any stranger than his previous marriage with Allanis Morrisette :)))

      Delete
    2. Oh, Kellie, I'm with you! I loved Joe's Apartment. Talk about some twisted sense of humor. That was it for sure and it even had singing. =P

      Delete
    3. I've never heard of that one, who's in it?

      Delete
  14. Give some doggie love!! Dogs are only evil if they are trained to be evil. They love unconditionally and want the same in return. My doberman was a mush and my rottwiler mix is a push over. =)

    I was hoping when I saw the name Ryan Reynolds in title you'd have a shirtless picture and you didn't disappoint. Leave it to me to be the one to think the movie is interesting LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, with Ryan and Chris Evans I have a really huge problem to post their fully clothed pics :) It would be such a pity not using the scantily clad ones.... which we have in abundance in our treasured vaults :)

      Delete
    2. I may have to sneak a peek in to those vaults of yours, Dezzy!!

      Delete
    3. you can try to bribe the penguins with sardines...

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.