Friday, May 31, 2013

CATE BLANCHETT IS "CAROL"! IS OLIVER WALKER THE LEAD STAR OF BBC FANTASY SHOW "ATLANTIS" WITH MARK ADDY, CIARAN GRIFFITHS & ROBERT EMMS? COOKING FOR MR PRESIDENT IN DELIGHTFUL "HAUTE CUISINE" COMEDY TRAILER!

  CATE BLANCHETT
IN 'CAROL'
I can't say I liked their previous work together (I'M NOT THERE is still officially the most monotonous and self- observed movie I have ever watched) but Cate Blanchett and director Todd Haynes will work together again: Blanchett and Mia Wasikowska will star in CAROL, a movie adaptation of Patricia Highsmith's novel THE PRICE OF SALT. It's a love story about pursuit, betrayal and passion that follows the burgeoning relationship between two very different women in 1950s New York. One, a girl in her twenties working in a department store who dreams of a more fulfilling life, and the other, a wife trapped in a loveless, moneyed marriage desperate to break free but fearful of losing her daughter in the process. According to "Deadline" the filming should start this Autumn!

  IS OLIVER WALKER LEAD IN
BBC 'ATLANTIS' EPIC SHOW? 
Ever since BBC has revealed their cast for the new fantasy show ATLANTIS, which will take over the primetime spot from MERLIN this Autumn, I've been puzzled as to who will play the lead role since BBC has been very mysterious not giving us any detail on the characters. It was recently announced that young British actor Oliver Walker has joined the already announced cast which includes  Mark Addy (Game of Thrones, probably playing Hercules), Juliet Stevenson (White Heat), Sarah Parish (Mistresses), Jemima Rooper (Lost In Austen, to play Medusa), Aiysha Hart (to play Ariadne), Jack Donnelly (Dancing On The Edge) and Robert Emms (War Horse, he will play Pythagoras, Greek philosopher and mathematician), Ciaran Griffiths (from SHAMELESS, to play a Greek archaeologist). I wonder if Oliver Walker is actually the lead actor who will play young Jason who arrives to the city of ATLANTIS: a mysterious ancient place; a world of bull leaping, of snake haired goddesses and of palaces so vast it was said they were built by giants. Maybe that is why they kept his name a secret before? He certainly has the breathtaking looks for the role! Jack Donnelly (MISFITS, DANCING ON THE EDGE) could also be the hidden lead and he was in the cast from the start! The shooting has already started earlier this April for one of the most expensive BBC productions to date!

 HAUTE CUISINE
 DELIGHTFUL COMEDY TRAILER
Our trailer for today comes from France: it is the first, and a delightful, one for French comedy HAUTE CUISINE which will be released in US cinemas August 16th!  Hortense Laborie (Catherine Frot), a renowned chef from Perigord, is astonished when the President of the Republic (Jean d'Ormesson) appoints her his personal cook, responsible for creating all his meals at the Elysée Palace. Despite jealous resentment from the other kitchen staff, Hortense quickly establishes herself, thanks to her indomitable spirit. The authenticity of her cooking soon seduces the President, but the corridors of power are littered with traps. The comedy is based on the extraordinary true story of President François Mitterand's private cook!

29 comments:

  1. Haute Cuisine
    A very beautiful film that I advise to all, lots of humor and just the most beautiful, French cuisine ;)
    Cheers .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't wait to watch it, Vincent, films with cooking have always been my favourite :)

      Delete
  2. cate, your hat ways heavy on your soul... or chandelier...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. poor Catho, did sacrifice herself for fashion at that photo shoot :)

      Delete
  3. Good Gawd, did a pheasant die on the lovely Ms. Blanchett's head????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Carol is better than I'm Not There. Blanchett is a really good actor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she's the best living actress beside Meryl Streep :)

      Delete
  5. A delightful trailer, I must show it to my son, who is a chef in training, and will be enrolling in a chef school this Sept. ~ Thanks for all the updates Dezzy ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, that's lovely, Grace, since I cook and bake myself I love cooking films above all

      Delete
  6. Aren't those some pics of Kate Blanch.
    Fun trailer:) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love her fashion photos, sometimes :)

      Delete
  7. Those pics of Cate are strange, but I like them--especially her neck. That's a very Nefertiti neck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't that armour in the first pic simply stunning, notice the craftsmanship on the skirt and on her arms.

      Delete
  8. Cate's wearing her bootcamp outfit. And of course you've got the pictures to prove it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have pics to prove things..... be afraid, be very afraid :P

      Delete
    2. You're making me tremble... Wait! Don't even go there! ;)

      Delete
    3. I've already been there :P I'm always a few steps ahead of you.... lurking around with my camera even when you slee.... well... snore :)

      Delete
    4. Thank you for reminding me it's Me and My Couch. A great movie.

      Delete
  9. I hope a Gordon Ramsay look-a-like appears in Haute Cuisine. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, no Damien, I can't stand that horrid brute.... so pompous and mean

      Delete
  10. I'm always fascinated by a kitchen/chef movie as it takes me back to my chef days.....the horror!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you worked as a chef, Fran? How very interesting, tell us more!

      Delete
  11. I bet you could give any chef a run for their money, Dezzy! I'm glad you told us what the movie what about, the trailer didn't tell us much but it sure did show us lots of yummy stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't think I would, Elsie. I know how to bake and stuff but I'm no chef :) They're scientists and I look upon cooking from a more creative side.

      Delete
  12. Hi Dezzy - Haute Cuisine sounds and looks fun. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wasn't much on I'm Not There, either. Cate looks amazing in those pics, though and I can't wait to see her new project.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.