Wednesday, May 1, 2013

COLIN FIRTH IN "THE SECRET SERVICE" & "THE HAPPY PRINCE"! JEREMY IRVINE IN "WOMAN IN BLACK" SEQUEL! DAVID MORRISEY IN "7:39" MINI SERIES! STEPHEN LANG IN "THE DRAGON ANGEL" FANTASY ADVENTURE

 It seems that British star Colin Firth is trying to become an action star: "LR" reports that he might take the lead role in Matthew Vaughn's THE SECRET SERVICE a film about a James Bond superspy who works
 for MI6 and takes his slacker nephew under his wing. Named ‘Uncle Jack’  he mentors his nephew Gary in tradecraft in the hopes that Gary can change and become an MI6 agent. The story is described as Bond meets My Fair Lady :) Firth is also set to star in Rupert Everett's THE HAPPY PRINCE  about the last days in the life of Oscar Wilde – a celebrity, a genius, an icon, even a national treasure – now in the midst of the Public meltdown: an excessive quadrangular love story he is trapped in. Everyone wants Oscar – Constance, Robbie and Bosie. The result is that freedom eludes him. The once hailed writer observes his own failure
with ironic distance and regards the car crash of his life with detachment and humour. The cast also includes Emily Watson and Tom Wilkinson!

  JEREMY IRVINE
 WOMAN IN BLACK ANGEL OF DEATH
Speaking of Firth, Jeremy Irvine, who will star next to Firth in epic drama THE RAILWAY MAN, has taken the lead role in THE WOMAN IN BLACK: ANGEL OF DEATH, the sequel to last year's Victorian horror which starred Daniel Radcliffe. The star of WAR HORSE will now play in the story happening four decades later and set during World War II after the government has seized the eerie Eel Marsh House and a group of evacuated children arrives to awaken its scary tenant.

  DAVID MORRISEY & SEAN MAGUIRE
 '7:39' MINI SERIES
Meanwhile over in UK, BBC is preparing new two part romantic drama series 7:39 which will have THE WALKING DEAD's star David Morrisey in the lead role.  Exploring the romantic lives of commuters on the 7.39 train into Waterloo, the drama will explore the lives of frustrated husband Carl (David Morrissey), his wife Maggie (Olivia Colman), health club manager Sally (Sheridan Smith) and her personal trainer fiancé Ryan (Sean Maguire from MEET THE SPARTANS). Over a fight for a seat, Sally and Carl meet and the pair soon find their lives transformed by their daily train journeys.


  STEPHEN LANG
 THE DRAGON ANGEL
Here's an interesting epic adventure awaiting us in the future: according to "Deadline" Stephen Lang from AVATAR and TERRA NOVA has joined THE DRAGON ANGEL in which he will play the dual role of a French Colonel in 1860 China and the mysterious chauffeur of an American architect in modern-day Beijing! The Chinese set coproduction will have visual genius Pitof as the director (he's a horrid helmer as we've seen in CATWOMAN, but is a master in visuals as we've seen in famous movies DELICATESSEN and THE CITY OF LOST CHILDREN by Jean Pierre Jeunet). The film itself is described as a quest for harmony through the narrow lanes of old Beijing and the loops of history...

49 comments:

  1. I first saw Stephen Lang in Steven Segal's Fire Down Below. He makes a great villain.

    And hey - give us more eye candy for the guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, that's what I was trying to explain yesterday to all the boys :) It's totally beyond me whether there will be male or female eye candy :) It depends on the news, and Hollywood has 99% info on male actors not on actresses :( I'd love to write every day about Kate Winslet, Blanchett, Zeta Jones, Charlize Theron.. but them ladies have fewer gigs than the boys :(

      Delete
  2. no more only guys mandy... candy+man....
    colin firth is an awesome actor...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can promise an extreme eye candy for boys tomorrow. I shall try to go to the extremes :) First clue: Olga!

      Delete
    2. second clue: very much naked!

      Delete
    3. will try to oblige tomorrow :)

      Delete
    4. yee-ha!... though i have some freelance work, so i might be late... :)

      Delete
    5. good luck with the freelance work, give your best!

      Delete
  3. Dragon Angel should be really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALL the upcoming movies with Colin Firth sound good! Oh Colin, my Colin! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you have a soft spot for some Firth, Debs :)

      Delete
  5. The Secret Service sounds like it might be a cool film will certainly be following it with interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be a good one, Simon, depending on whom they will cast in the second role. I'd love to see Russell Tovey in it :)

      Delete
  6. I like Colin Firth.
    I'm always amazed at your blogs. Everyday is a mass of new information and great pics. Great job, Dez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Sandra, glad you enjoy all the info on a daily basis :) This is why thousands read us every day :)

      Delete
  7. I loved Irvine in war horse

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like Colin because he seems so utterly charming and completely unaware of it. He looks handsome in that pic.

    Me loves Oscar Wilde and me really loved Stephen Fry playing him in "Wilde" with some one else we all love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't believe me how tough it is finding a good pic of Colin, he's very weird on most of them, but this one catches his essence, methinks :)

      Oscar will be played by Everett in this one, a very cosmic choice if you ask me :)

      Delete
  9. The only spy-related thing I watch at the moment is Archer. I need something a bit more nonsensical these days to keep me going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, I've tried watching ARCHER, but that thing is utterly annoying and deeply primitive and rude for me, Damian.

      Delete
  10. Although I enjoyed Woman in Black, I didn't see it as sequel material. Maybe it'll be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only the house will be the same, the rest will be new, methinks

      Delete
  11. Bond meets My Fair Lady? I wonder if professor Higgings would approve. I know I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had an older, dashing, and very wise pygmalion, Blue.... Maybe I should start selling violets in the square

      Delete
    2. It just might do the trick. You never know. And selling violets is ever so much more elegant an activity than what I sell for a living. It starts with a b and ends in it.

      Delete
    3. oh, noes, Mandy Randy, don't ruin my illusions by telling me you're one of those BSHT selling teachers :(((( /criesunconsolablyinthedarkness/

      Delete
    4. Bullshit? Who's talking about bullshit? I meant the Blue Tit. Hello! CLICK. When it comes to teaching, I'm as dedicated as they come. A bit cocky perhaps, but a teacher at heart. That said, let's get back to the notion of Blue Tit. They come in all kinds of shapes. Like THESE. My all-time favorites.

      Delete
    5. you teaching about little birds.... now I've heard everything in my life :)

      Delete
  12. I really really like that pic of colin firth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a good one, isn't it? Read my comment to Anne, above :)

      Delete
  13. as a horror fans, I have learnt that most horror sequels are terrible...even my fav horror, Ringu has bad sequel

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Colin Firth Dezzy!


    (and dont think use THESE boots LOL you know)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. My daugther love horrors movies but sometimes is afraid at night! (and has 18)LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is why I almost never write about horrors here :)

      Delete
    2. He even made me change my avatar! It was so scary he used his brand new Speedos to cover his eyes. We couldn't have any of that, so I changed it back. I'm flexible.

      Delete
    3. how do you know that I wear speedos and not thongs???

      Delete
    4. An educated guess based on 100 comments? ;)

      Delete
    5. but we've never talked about moi imperial bum, only about yours!

      Delete
  16. Dragon Angel sounds really intriguing. and I just adore Irvine. I can't wait for the next chapter of Eel Marsh House.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it will be a large scale Asian flick and not a cheap dvd one :)

      Delete
  17. I'm really looking forward to seeing Firth in some action films. Loved him in Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.