Tuesday, September 11, 2012

TRAILER FOR SECOND SEASON OF "ONCE UPON A TIME"! SEAN BEAN IN "SCORCHED EARTH" SF! MICHAEL BAY'S NEW SHOWS APOCALYPTIC "THE LAST SHIP" & PIRATE EPIC "BLACK SAILS"

Since I know tones of my ladies love Sean Bean, here's a new gig for him: "Deadline" reports that he will take a role in postapocalyptic action SCORCHED EARTH: After the Earth suffered an environmental collapse and billions died, mankind has finally re-established a rudimentary society, with a new set of laws for the ravaged wastelands. Atticus Gage (Bean) is a bounty hunter who is very similar to the criminals he hunts. When Gage is presented with the bounty of a lifetime, he cannot resist, and goes off in search of the most wanted criminal in these badlands.
  HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Since survival shows are a huge hit now with THE WALKING DEAD and upcoming REVOLUTION, TNT has decided to ad one more such project onto the small screens: according to "Deadline" they will make a show out of
Michael Bay's THE LAST SHIP script. Based on the popular novel by William Brinkley the new show centres on the crew of a naval destroyer who, after a global catastrophe decimates the earth’s population, are forced to confront the reality of their new existence in a world where they are among the only survivors. As I reported before, Michael Bay has another new show coming up to Starz: an elaborate, high-end drama BLACK SAILS which will chronicle the adventures of fabled buccaneer Captain Flint and his men as they fight for the survival of New Providence Island, the most notorious criminal haven of its day — a debauched paradise teeming with pirates, prostitutes, thieves and fortune seekers, a place defined by its enlightened ideals and stunning brutality.

 ONCE UPON A TIME 2
I know you are anxious to see the second season of ABC hit fantasy series ONCE UPON A TIME which starts airing in two weeks, and the network has finally released a trailer for the second run of the show. As you will see in the trailer, the fact that the curse was broken in final
 episode of the previous season doesn't mean they're done with magic. On the contrary, now all the characters from Storybrook's reality will get their magical or fairy tale characteristics from the epic world. The trailer features the glimpses onto old characters, Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin), prince Charming (Josh Dallas),  Evil Queen (Lana 
 Parrilla), Rumpelstiltskin (Robert Carlyle), Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison), alongside some of the new heroes from Sleeping Beauty Princess Aurora (Sarah Bolger) and her prince Phillip (Julian Morris) to captain Hook (Colin O'Donoghue) and Princess Mulan (Jamie Chung). Don't forget that season four of BBC's MERLIN starts September 29th, one day before ONCE UPON A TIME, which promises a weekend filled with magic and fantasy :)

45 comments:

  1. There are so many apocalypse-based shows these days! Wow, do you think it means something? Should I stock up on peanut butter and water?

    And I love the new posters for Once Upon a Time. Such a creative show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, and I just noticed that hummingbird at the top of your site. I'm very interested in seeing that. Very cool.

      Delete
    2. yep, it means we shall have the real apocalypse which already kinda started if you know what I mean .... Everything in music, films, politics today smells of apocalypse to me.... There will be either some huge social changes in the world soon, or a big explosion..... The lack of quality in everything always leads to some turnmoil.

      I've wrote about EPIC before, but I'm bringing tones of glorious pictures in Sunday's spotlight :)

      Delete
    3. I agree with you Dezmond!
      the Apocalypse is NOW (don't have to wait the 12/12/12 or something like that!)and I'm tired of the movies which show a new one !
      We can stock supplies, that's sure, maybe very soon we don't have money to buy it!
      Nevertheless, "The Last Ship" could be more original?

      Delete
    4. yep, I'm most certain we won't have money to buy the supplies, Samwise. Most of Europe is suffering in poverty and political crises....

      Delete
    5. Yes, I think you are right, we are in a time of upheaval. Things are out of balance, and it's only natural that so many people would write or sing about what they see as inevitable.

      Delete
    6. I didn't mean songs and books about apocalypse and revolutin, Luanne, but about absolute lack of quality and basic standards in today's books, films, songs, pop stars.... it all leads to anarchy, especially with so many healthy taboos being broken in recent years in our society. We can say that mediocrity rules currently, and that's never a good sign...

      Delete
    7. It's a wasteland of mediocrity out here and socity is declining because of it. When art is brought down to the level of trash and values are thrown out like rubbish we become one step closer to anarchy. And so many schools are nothing more than State run brothels. The children repeat what they see, hear and read and let me tell you it's shocking. When this generation comes of age, the things they will create will me monstrous.

      Delete
    8. It is extremely scary, Annzie. I've seen how today's kids think when I worked as a teacher and I also see how people in the west behave and act, and I really think something bad will happen while we are still here. I blame MTV a lot when it comes to young generations. Not the music (although having Rihanna and Katy Perry as role models is pretty downhill) but all of those stupid shows of theirs in which they are mocking all the values which were the basis of the peaceful societies. As someone said here a few days ago the whole society has gone anal :(

      Delete
  2. I really like the sound of Scorched Earth but the man's ugly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he sure is, Lurk, strange how many lady fans he has, especially given the fact that he has a nasty temperament privately :)

      Delete
    2. I don't think he's in the least bit handsome. And it's like with Russell Crowe, with that kind of personality, forget about it.

      Delete
    3. yep, I've never understood why ladies love him, he wasn't pretty even when he was young, but that is not the problem. The problem is his nasty behaviour in private life.

      Delete
  3. I've had rather enough of the post apocalyptic "survivor" programs and movies.

    I'm taking tomorrow off-line tomorrow as that is the actual day of my birthday. I shall eat cake and fix myself something wonderful to eat and paint the day away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, that's delightful, darling! I wish I could be there and bake you a cake and pamper you a bit :) Hope the kids will be with you! You know you're the youngest, the bravest and the perdiest 50 year old rocker I know :) Beside being my fave Irish lady in the world :)
      Have great time, try to relax and make it your day!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the cake darling! Is there something wrong with your email. I emailed you last week and haven't heard from you. So I emailed you again last night and I got a message from Daemon mailer saying it was undeliverable.

      Can you send me an email just to test it.

      Delete
    3. the last one I got from you was from 7th of September, I think, it was a quick one about the troll situation, darling.

      Delete
  4. I like the preview for the new season on Once Upon a Time. It will be interesting to see where it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sure will! Very excited about the new season

      Delete
  5. Forget Once Upon a Time, I can't wait for your spotlight on EPIC. I can't wait. See you there, Deez!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will be epic, at least in the visual way (lots of pics) since we don't have elaborate details on the story yet :(

      Delete
  6. I'm hoping Once Upon a TIme arrives faster to Oz than it did last time. It took 5 months for them to show it here. Gah!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why they didn't go global with the show. I hear it came late to other countries as well, France for example. It came to Serbia when I already watched half of the season thanks to Torrents :)

      Delete
    2. Here they kept advertising it, saying "COMING SOON!" They lied.

      Delete
  7. Hi Dezzy - Can't wait for Once Upon A Time. Love that show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so cannot wait for Once upon A Time and Merlin! These shows are two of my faves on TV right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. both will wield some serious magic this year :)

      Delete
  9. Merlin and Once Upon A Time? That weekend will be awesome for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Survival shows and books are disturbing, yet addictive for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, they are always very intriguing in psychological sense

      Delete
  11. I love Sean Bean. I really want to see him play a good guy. Or at least a guy that lives through a film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, we haven't seen him survive till the closing scene for a long time now

      Delete
  12. I can't wait for Once Upon a Time to start up again!!! I've been dying for the show to start :) :) :) I can't wait to see what other fairytale characters they end up incorporating into the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there will be tones of them, from Aurora, Phillip and Hook to Little Mermaid and Sinbad :)

      Delete
  13. Hello i really like your blog and your writing, I hope you can visit my blog. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't think I'd be all that interested in Once Upon A Time but after seeing this particular trailer, I changed my mind. Plus, it has Robert Carlyle and he played such an evil character in 28 Weeks. I'm curious to see what he does in the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is very weird in the show, and doesn't really fit it, being overly neurotic, but methinks you would like his role for that very reason, Elsie :PPP

      Delete
  15. So happy that Once Upon a Time got picked up for another season!! After seeing the trailer, I am totally looking forward to the new season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dezz the curious here we can see in the cable Once Upon a Time but I never seen after this I think I have to see:)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.