Thursday, October 15, 2015

KATE WINSLET IN WW2 BIOPIC 'THE LIVES OF LEE MILLER'! YA SAGA 'OBSIDIAN' GETS MOVIE ADAPTATION! STUNNING NEW 'THE LAST WITCH HUNTER' POSTER WITH VIN DIESEL

KATE WINSLET GOES WW2 
IN 'THE LIVES OF LEE MILLER'
Deadline writes today that our most beloved British star Kate Winslet is set to venture into a World War 2 project after accepting the role of Lee Miller in a feature about the acclaimed war correspondent for Vogue who during World War II chronicled such seminal events as the London Blitz, the liberation of Paris and the concentration camps at Buchenwald and Dachau. Based on THE LIVES OF LEE MILLER, a biography written by her son, Antony Penrose it will describe Miller's life of a model, the muse for such artists as Picasso and Man Ray, who distinguished herself in Europe as a photojournalist.

'OBSIDIAN' YA SAGA 
TO GET MOVIE ADAPTATION
In the news about new book adaptations, Sierra Pictures will turn Jennifer L. Armentrout's YA novel OBSIDIAN into a movie! The first of the five book LUX series, it follows bookish Katy Swartz who moves with her mother to West Virginia, resigning herself to thick accents and a boring life. She is hopeful after meeting her neighbours who are a shot of life, and the brother and sister tandem becomes even more interesting when it turns out they are aliens. When she falls for the brother and he touches her, it marks her as a homing device for an army of extraterrestrial bad guys.

'THE LAST WITCH HUNTER' 
GETS THE LAST MOVIE POSTER
Meanwhile, coming out next week is Vin Diesel's action packed fantasy movie THE LAST WITCH HUNTER and you can check out the latest poster for it! Also starring Michael Caine and Lotte Verbeek, it sees Diesel leading an epic battle against witches who still live amongst us, vicious supernatural creatures intent on unleashing the Black Death upon the world.

44 comments:

  1. Good trailer, great cover of Paint it Black but Tobey McGuire is in it and I can't forgive him for the whining in LOTR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is such a wonderfully cut trailer, isnt it? But that ain't Tobey but Elijah Wood :) They're identical twins :)

      Delete
  2. We do like Kate Winslet. Is she ever anything but stunning? Obsidian could be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LUX saga has each book named after another gem, OBSIDIAN, ONYX, OPAL....

      Delete
  3. I'm a witch. Can Vin Diesel come hunt me? I'll even be a good witch and let him catch me and spank me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate looks great. I'm glad to see she's in the Steve Jobs movie, which I WILL see. I so rarely get to the movies these days...or even catch things when they come to video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear there's a strong buzz around her role in that one... she might even get an Oscar nod they say....

      Delete
  5. I may go see The Last Witch Hunter. Then again...I may not. It just looks so cheesy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sexy pic of our Kate darling. The movie sounds fabulous and as I know nothing of the story it will be fun to learn it.

    I forgot to congratulate you on finishing your translations in my last comment. Also I'm glad to hear that you have enough work ahead to keep you busy. Maybe you can pamper yourself with a nice Winter sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't she have the cutest of bums? :)

      No, shopping for me, dahlink, we've started with the heating and those bills give me headaches... one full salary goes to just pay the heating bills and electricity

      Delete
    2. The cost of heat is going up around the globe for years now. They're all monopolies so we've no choice but to pay their high prices. Here it is not unusual to have a gas heating bill that is $700.00 per month.

      We're going out tomorrow to buy an infrared heater. They are supposed to be good and use little electricity to run. If it doesn't work like they say, it's getting returned and I'm getting my money back.

      Delete
    3. Ours is often around 200 euro per month and most salaries and pensions barely reach more than that. And that is just heating.

      I told you, dahlink, you need to buy some heater like that, especially since you and hubby are alone in the house. It might be much cheaper than heating the whole house with central heating. I haven an electrical heater in my bathroom because I don't have a radiator there. And most people in my country also use those accumulative electric heaters which accumulate power over night or during cheap electricity hours and then heat away over the day.

      Delete
    4. oooh, and most people here have little infrared quartz heaters to heat up rooms when other heating isn't well enough

      Delete
  7. Kate is everywhere lately. I love it! She's my fave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it how she and Blanchett are having their moment right now.

      Delete
  8. The movie will end when he finds Sarah Palin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or Hilary Clinton she's the mother queen of all witch/bitches....

      Delete
  9. Give Kate a burger...
    And give Vin to me... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got so distracted by Vinny that I forgot to mention the trailer looked awesome. Just sayn...

      Delete
    2. it is probably the best trailer they've released for the movie, goes so well with the song

      Delete
  10. I love me some Kate Winslet. She's beautiful and talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a beautifully lit photo of Kate Winslet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to the Last Witch Hunter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a lil' bit of witch fun before the Hallow's Eve

      Delete
  13. You got me excited when I saw "Obsidian". I thought it was the Dragon Weather series. So sad now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, this is something entirely girlish :)

      Delete
  14. What's wrong with me? I can't stand Kate W. She seems arrogant and omnipresent. Why does she keep getting married? Obviously it doesn't work for her...
    Sorry. Venting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he he .... if I remember correctly some of the husbands cheated on her? But I'm not sure... it is sometimes so tangled... who is with whom and who was with whom :) She is not arrogant, she is just British LOL

      Delete
  15. There are still too many witches for him to be the last witch hunter....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you didn't compliment on Kate's bum and tits and now I won't post any naked ladies for next two month! Go and sit in the corner!

      Delete
    2. I was distracted by her awful hair and makeup.

      Delete
    3. she has been doing some weird things with her eyebrows lately.... they're black and her hair is blond... do you reckon her..... is also black?

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.