Monday, October 26, 2015

NEW BOOK ADAPTATIONS: MELINDA TRAUB'S 'STILL STAR CROSSED', COLLEEN OAKES' 'QUEEN OF HEARTS', MARY E.PEARSON'S 'JENNA FOX CHRONICLES', NEIL GAIMAN'S 'FORTUNATELY, THE MILK'

 'STILL STAR CROSSED' 
TO BECOME ABC EPIC TV SERIES
We're all about freshly announced book adaptations, my bookworms! Starting with ABC and Shonda Rhimes who have nabbed the adaptation rights for Melinda Taub's STILL STAR CROSSED novel! To be produced by SCANDAL's Heather Mitchell, it is set in 16th century Verona after the events in William Shakespeare’s tragedy, following the conflict between the Capulets and the Montagues in the wake of Romeo and Juliet’s deaths. In the book, to end the family feud, Prince Escalus orders the most eligible Montague bachelor, Benvolio, Romeo’s best friend, to marry Juliet’s older cousin, Capulet maid Rosaline, the girl Romeo first loved.

 'QUEEN OF HEARTS' 
TO BE ADAPTED AT UNIVERSAL
Universal has, on the other hand, bought Colleen Oakes YA book series QUEEN OF HEARTS which will be turned into a movie by MAZE RUNNER's scribe Grant Pierce Myers! Two novels have already been published with the third one out at Harper Collins in 2018!  The plot reimagines the young Queen of Hearts from Lewis Carroll’s famed ALICE IN WONDERLAND fairytale, when she was merely princess of Wonderland Palace. A host of other characters from Alice show up, and the future Knave of Hearts is the love of her young life.

 'JENNA FOX CHRONICLES' 
TO BECOME A SF MOVIE 
Dystopia will also rule in the movie adaptation of Mary E. Pearson's sf YA trilogy JENNA FOX CHRONICLES! The script based on the first book THE ADORATION OF JENNA FOX is already finished! Set in the near future, a time of antibiotic resistant bacterial diseases and devastating natural disasters, the series follows Jenna Fox, a teenager who wakes from a year long coma with no memory of what happened to her or who she is. As she struggles to remember her life, she discovers strange inconsistencies and experiences increasingly troubled interactions with the people who knew her, learning that the answers may have severe consequences for her, her family and friends, and society at large.

 'FORTUNATELY, THE MILK' 
FILM ON NEIL GAIMAN'S BOOK
Meanwhile Edgar Wright will direct and Johnny Depp might star in the live action animation movie adaptation of Neil Gaiman's FORTUNATELY, THE MILK a tale of the bravery and selflessness exhibited by a father taking care of his children while his wife is away. Despite Mom's advance warning, the family finds itself ready for breakfast but without milk for cereal and tea, so Dad takes a trip to the store to get some. Upon his long-awaited return, he gives the children a fantastical and descriptive explanation of the adventures he faced while trying to make it back home. Not only did he embark on a time traveling hot-air balloon ride with a stegosaurus, but he also confronted pirates, aliens, wumpires, and a volcano god, never losing possession of the milk.

22 comments:

  1. The Milk Movie looks funny. I read the Graveyard book by that author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all sound delightful, but I have a soft spot for anything Neil Gaiman. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you will like the movie too.. if they ever really make it :)

      Delete
  3. The Jenna Fox one certainly sounds interesting! I like the Neil Gaiman one, too--but I'm thinking I need to read both of those books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm excited for Queen of Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it has two books! If I got it right, HarperCollins bought them both from the previous publisher so that they could rerelease them together with the third book in two years

      Delete
    2. I'd be impressed if she could excite me :p

      Delete
  5. A lot of books turning into movies these days. I've got one on my computer I think would be an excellent Lifetime Movie adaptation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well send it to them :) Most of these bought rights never become movies in the end

      Delete
  6. Why aren't my trips to the store for milk so exciting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because you obviously don't booze enough, Debs

      Delete
  7. I admit, I am way behind on my book reading and haven't heard of any of these! I need to ask my niece if she has read Queen of Hearts. She adores anything having to do with Alice in Wonderland, so I bet this would be right up her alley. However, waiting damn near 2 years for a new book is NOT my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well that is enough time to read the first two :) I like to make a lil' break between parts of a saga, especially when translating them. Right now I'm making a break from doing GLASS SWORD and will return to it after I finish THE YOUNG ELITES, because I needed a break from the first one :)

      Delete
    2. I don't like taking breaks because I forget little details that carry over into the next book. Kind of like how I hate watching shows until they've run their course.

      Delete
    3. yes, there's a problem with these short ten episodes shows which end season quickly and you forget everything when the next season starts. When I watch TWD I never can recall half of the characters

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.