Sunday, October 11, 2015

YA SATURDAY: 'SHADOWHUNTERS' TV SERIES TRAILER BASED ON 'MORTAL INSTRUMENTS'! 'SHATTER ME' AND 'THE ARCANA CHRONICLES' YA SAGAS TO BECOME TV SERIES!

'SHATTER ME' YA SAGA 
TO BE TURNED INTO TV SERIES
We're having a YA day, people, for all you youngsters! Beginning with a saga that yours truly is translating soon for the readers in his country: Tahereh Mafi's SHATTER ME YA fantasy saga will be made into TV series by ABC Studios with her as a consulting producer. With the second book titled UNRAVEL ME and the third IGNITE ME, the trilogy revolves around a teen girl with a deadly touch who lives in a dark, militaristic dystopia in which diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly any more, the clouds are the wrong colour, and the government wants to tap into her powers for their own reasons. She has to decided: to be their weapon or to be a warrior! Mafi is also known as the wife of Ransom Riggs whose MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN is being adapted into a Tim Burton movie.

'THE ARCANE CHRONICLES' 
TO BECOME YA TV SERIES
The second YA TV series coming to us will be the small screen adaptation of THE ARCANA CHRONICLES from Kresley Cole bought this week by Warner Bros! Seamus Kevin Fahey (Battlestar Galactica, The Following) will pen the adaptation of the first book in the series, POISON PRINCESS. It is a dystopian tale about a young woman who realizes she has the power to rebuild the world. The trilogy also includes ENDLESS KNIGHT and DEAD OF WINTER, and the fourth book is out next year. Adam Shankman is producing.

'SHADOWHUNTERS' TRAILER 
 FOR NEW ABC FAMILY TV SERIES
Meanwhile, although its movie version didn't score huge success a few years ago, Cassandra Clare's bestselling fantasy saga MORTAL INSTRUMENTS is being turned into a TV series SHADOWHUNTERS and ABC Family has released its first teaser trailer with some extremely cheesy acting in it. To air some time next year, it will follow young Clary (Katherine McNamara), who discovers on her birthday that she is one of the Shadowhunters, human angel hybrids who hunt down demons. The kidnapping of Clary's mother sparks the young girl to go demon hunting with fellow Shadowhunter Jace (Dominic Sherwood) and her best friend Simon (Alberto Rosende). The cast will also include Alan Van Sprang as villain Valentine Morgenstern, with Maxim Roy, Emeraude Toubia, Matthew Daddario and Harry Shum Jr also starring.

20 comments:

  1. Shadowhunters? A bunch of kids with an attitude? Say it ain't so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it ain't, but sadly it is... and horrid voices too :)

      Delete
    2. Why is it that 20-year-olds today look like kids?

      Delete
    3. You should watch British X FACTOR, you won't believe how people there who claim to be 17, 25 or 27 look over 40... all of them!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the translation, Dez!

    Lots of YAs coming....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, and belive it or not seven of my upcoming translations are YA :)

      Delete
    2. yep, I will die the dystopian way!

      Delete
    3. You will get to translate my memoirs (two pages) and I will see to it you will get paid generously , nay, bountifully - if it's the last thing I'll do on this here planet.

      Delete
    4. ooh, you warm my heart, kind sir! Will it be dystopian memoirs? Tell me you won't go the YA way!
      I might have to change something in my job some time soon, will write you an email about it if it happens! Something that scares me :(

      Delete
  3. I'm a kid. Don't let the tiny eye creases fool you. YA everything seems to be creeping up on us. Will we survive this apocalypse? Should we circle the "wagons"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. methinks the apocalypse is already here... it was announced by TWILIGHT a decade ago! And it is in full swing

      Delete
  4. SHATTER ME sounds like a great series. I added it to my read list.

    I loved the Shadowhunter books. Still haven't seen the movie, but it's sitting patiently on my Tivo for me. I don't think I'll catch the tv show though. The trailer failed to grab my interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm translating it beginning of the next year :) After I finish YOUNG ELITES and MORNING STAR and GLASS SWORD which I''ve already started. So much work so little Dezzy :)

      Delete
    2. But keeping the mind busy is always good! Gotta love having a full plate on your to do list!

      Delete
    3. absolutely, this is the first time in my ten year long career that I actually know ahead what I'm gonna translated and that a publisher is counting on me for such a long period ahead!

      Delete
  5. Yay! This is exactly how I imagined the Mortal Instruments same with Jace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it :) Although I think Lily Collins was perfect in the movie for the female lead. I hope she gets the lead role in RED QUEEN adaptation

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.