Monday, October 5, 2015

ENCHANTING NEW EPIC TV SERIES PHOTOS FROM 'WAR & PEACE' WITH JAMES NORTON, JIM BROADBENT, GILLIAN ANDERSON, LILY JAMES, 'MEDICI: MASTERS OF FLORENCE' WITH RICHARD MADDEN, DUSTIN HOFFMAN, 'VERSAILLES' WITH GEORGE BLAGDEN, ALEXANDER VLAHOS!

'WAR & PEACE' EPIC TV SERIES
 MINDBLOWING CAST PHOTOS
Now, do I have some mouth watering visual treats for you today, people, you won't believe it if I tell you... which I still will! I'm bringing you new photos from three of our most anticipated of the upcoming historical TV series, starting with the first, mind blowing, poster and cast photos from BBC's dramatic adaptation of Leo Tolstoy's WAR AND PEACE directed in six episodes by Tom Harper! Airing at the end of the year, it brings the classic story that revolves around five aristocratic Russian families, set during the reign of Alexander I, and centred on the love triangle between Natasha Rostova, Pierre Bezukhov, and Andrei Bolkonsky in the days of the Napoleonic French army's invasion of Mother Russia. Lily James, plays heroine Natasha Rostova, charismatic James Norton is Prince Andrei Bolkonsky and Paul Dano is Pierre Bezukhov. Oscar winner Jim Broadbent, Gillian Anderson, Jack Lowden, Rebecca Front, Aneurin Barnard, Brian Cox, Greta Scacchi and Ade Edmondson all star in supporting roles. WAR AND PEACE will air sometime this winter at BBC and will be simultaneously broadcast over in USA and around the world by Lifetime, History and A+E! Catch the glimpse of the series in BBC's Winter series trailer:


'MEDICI: MASTERS OF FLORENCE' 
FIRST RICHARD MADDEN AND DUSTIN HOFFMAN PHOTOS
Only a week or so ago I've announced that our dearly beloved star Richard Madden will join Dustin Hoffman in new epic TV series MEDICI: MASTERS OF FLORENCE and now we already have the first photo with Madden looking hotter than ever! It will follow the Medicis' ascent from simple merchants to power brokers who sparked an economic and cultural revolution, in the process creating a long list of powerful enemies. Richard Madden will play enterprising son Cosimo de’ Medici, and Hoffman is family patriarch Giovanni de’ Medici.

'VERSAILLES' EPIC TV SERIES
STUNNING CAST PHOTO WITH GEORGE BLAGDEN AND ALEXANDER VLAHOS
Another epic series airing this Winter is French English language series VERSAILLES in which irresistible George Blagden plays French king Louis XIV who is building his magnificent royal palace. Check out the stunning cast photo also showing Alexander Vlahos as his brother Duke d'Orleans! Check out the teaser trailer:

26 comments:

  1. War and Peace is one of my favourite books, difficult to make a movie about this so rich and abounding artwork...hope it will be interesting, anyway I do like the costumes...Versailles is from Canal+, a guarantee of quality...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be in eight episodes around the world, in six in UK (since they don't have ads so it will be hourlong episodes).
      Hope VERSAILLES will immediately have English lg version because me no speaks French :)

      Delete
    2. You should learn this wonderful langage...Lol!

      Delete
    3. some day, some day :) Too much languages in my head already :)

      Delete
  2. The historical series and movies you've been sharing with us look stunning. I'm interested in all three of these time periods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day of excellent stories and costume. You know me and costumes!! VERSAILLES - yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the costumes should be marvellous! Just look at that amazing coat Richard is wearing in MEDICI, I want one!

      Delete
  4. Nice to see Dustin Hoffman in a new series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks almost like he got casted as Jon Snow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, you see GOT and HARRY PLOPPER everywhere, Adam.

      Delete
  6. Get selections today! As much as I wasn't a fan of Cinderella, I have really come to adore Lily James. I can't wait to see her in War And Peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the other way, I don't like her for some reason... there is something that is not genuine in her and I can't put my finger on it... :) Cinders was a bit boring at times, and she's no Cinders with that face of hers, and they shouldn't have died Dicky's hair dark....
      WAR AND PEACE should be massive! You do have History on your cable, right?

      Delete
    2. I didn't like her when they first introduced her in Downton Abbey, but towards the end of the 5th season, she really grew on me.

      Yes, I do have History Channel here, so we should get it.

      Delete
    3. bravo for the History Channel!

      Delete
  7. Why can't it be socially acceptable to dress like this now?! I love the ancient dress styles. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you would look smashing wearing a Napoleonic gown in your cubicle :)))) Meanwhile, I want that coat Dicky Madden is wearing in that MEDICI picture! It would hide my walrus belly so nicely!

      Delete
  8. In order to adapt the screenplay of War & Peace, someone had to read that massive book--probably more than once! Hope they were paid well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lurved reading them fat books when I was a wee schoollad! We had a deal with our High School literature teacher that if Dezzy reads the fatter book, the rest of the class can read the thinner one :) Only I usually read both :) I would read QUIET FLOWS THE DON and they would read HUMAN DESTINY, I would read WAR AND PEACE they would readANA KARENINA, I would read BROTHERS KARAMAZOV they would read CRIME AND PUNISHMENT etc.

      Delete
  9. Looks like all of these will be quite intriguing. Looking forward to seeing Dustin Hoffman in a series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. War and Peace is high on my list and I do hope they can cover it in just 6 installments. I'm not sure if that's even possible.

    Versailles is also in the must see category. Those costumes do look gorgeous and the period is just so crazy it can't be missed.

    This is my last comment for the next two weeks dahlink. There's just no way I can fit blogger into life at the moment. I've got maybe till the end of the month before the weather goes tits up and I have to get everything complete by then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six hours at BBC and eight 45 minute long episodes for the rest of the world, or three two hour TV movies, that's their package which they're shopping.

      I will most certainly be downloading VERSAILLES if I find it!

      We shall miss you, dear, go and paint and finish everything before cold sets in, it's already here :) I've quickly managed to paint my balcony and windows, but just barely and now it's raining already. You must prepare for a peaceful winter, you haven't had it in who knows how long....

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.