Friday, October 30, 2015

'DIRTY GRANDPA' TRAILER WITH ROBERT DE NIRO, ZAC EFRON! SELENA GOMEZ TO LEAD NETFLIX YA SERIES '13 REASONS'! YA BOOK 'SIMON VS THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA' TO BE ADAPTED

  'THIRTEN REASONS WHY' 
TO BECOME NETFLIX SERIES STARRING SELENA GOMEZ
In the news from the YA front, Netflix will team up with teen star, music star and ex Disney star Selena Gomez on the series adaptation of Jay Asher's bestselling novel THIRTEEN REASONS WHY! Pulitzer Prize winner Brian Yorkey has written the series for Netflix titled simply THIRTEEN REASONS and in it the story explores the tragic suicide of a lonely high school student named Hannah Baker (Selena Gomez). It explores Hannah's past through tapes she sent to classmates explaining how they contributed to her misery.

  NEW YA ADAPTATION 
'SIMON VS THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA' NOVEL
Meanwhile, another YA book to get a movie adaptation is debut novel by Becky Albertelli SIMON VS THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA The novel, which is being translated into 19 languages, focuses on Simon Spier, a 16 year-old not so openly gay student. When an email written by Simon falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being made public. Change-averse Simon is forced to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he’s pushed out — in a way that won’t alienate his friends, compromise himself or ruin a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he hasn’t even met yet.

'DIRTY GRANDPA' TRAILER 
ROBERT DE NIRO & ZAC EFRON
The first trailer has been released for Robert De Niro's and Zac Efron's DIRTY GRANDPA out this January! Jason Kelly (Zac Efron) is one week away from marrying his boss' uber controlling daughter (Julianne Hough), putting him on the fast track for a partnership at the law firm. However, when the straight laced Jason is tricked into driving his foul mouthed grandfather, Dick (Robert De Niro), to Daytona for spring break, his pending nuptials are suddenly in jeopardy. Between riotous frat parties, bar fights, and an epic night of karaoke, Dick is on a quest to live his life to the fullest and bring Jason along for the ride. Ultimately, on the wildest journey of their lives, "dirty" Grandpa and his uptight grandson discover they can learn from one another and form the bond they never had.

27 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Bad Santa a little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad Santa has just announced its sequel this morning

      Delete
    2. It's a crude one, but my gosh, I love Bad Santa. Jason and I watch it every year and I still giggle all the way through it. One day I will buy a bulldog and name it Thurman Murman.

      Delete
    3. I can't stand the lead actor, but I do love Lauren Graham! I will never understand why she isn't a big movie star

      Delete
  2. I like this Dirty Grandpa idea with Robert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you believe I just saw this on Facebook and rushed over to tell you I FOUND IT! I'd asked you a while back to let us know if you ever hear 13 Reasons Why is moving forward. So excited. The book was my favorite book of 2014. (It probably came out before that, but that was the year the author was the keynote speaker at a writing conference I attended.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do you like the idea of Selena playing the main character?

      Delete
  4. Movie on a debut novel...okay my skin has a slightly green tone to it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. remember how a few weeks ago I mentioned an adaptation of an idea of a book manuscript :) Like, not even a draft, just an idea for an unwritten book and it gets a movie even before the first sentence of the book is written LOL Some people are dastardly bastards

      Delete
  5. Dirty Grandpa and Thirteen Reasons sound like polar opposites. In fact the DeNiro film sounds so potentially scary that maybe they should have considered a Halloween release. January? I guess they're not thinking Oscar worthy.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and it seems like such an Oscar winning role :) Maybe they get an Oscar later on for best pecs of the year? You never know...

      Delete
  6. Thirteen Reasons sounds rather depressing. I'm not sure I'd want to see that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dirty Grandpa scares me a little bit. Lol lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very brave and nice that they are doing Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda. I'm going to enjoy that and relive my boys experiences when he was coming out. Oooh the right wingers in America will freak out about this one.

    Right now I'm still very busy with the house and the outside darling. And the weather is still acting like a true Autumn. As long as the temps stay up, I won't be in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've done quite a few gay teen novels at my publisher, dear, I myself did WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON recently and my editor did I'LL GIVE YOU THE SUN. I have a feeling the next step in teen novels are transgender ones.

      Have fun, dear, and scare away the trick and treaters tomorrow :) Or, let Fang do the job

      Delete
    2. Glad to hear that gay teen novels are being written. And having them translated in your country would be a huge help to many.

      I think the kids around here are already scared of me :0)

      Delete
    3. we do try to do gay things and also teen novels on different illness and teen depression and suicidal thoughts. My editor puts DIFFERENT IS OK on all books and our promo material :)

      You think lil' Dinosaur will com-a-knocking at your door tonight? :)

      Delete
  9. Selena Gomez grates my nerves as a singer. I have to change the station when any of her songs come on. I am not too familiar with her as an actress. Hope she's better at it than singing though.

    Dirty Grandpa sounds interesting. I may have to check that one out on a slow night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like her LOVE ME LIKE A LOVE SONG and that exotic video for COME AND GET IT, but I didn't overly like her character in that Disney show and plus how stupid you must be to be Bieber's girlfriend? It really doesn't get lower than that... unless you're a Craptrashian.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.