Sunday, October 28, 2012

DECEMBER 2012 COMEDIES: GERARD BUTLER'S & CATHERINE ZETA JONES' "PLAYING FOR KEEPS", BARBRA STREISAND'S "THE GUILT TRIP", BETTE MIDDLER'S & BILLY CRYSTAL'S "PARENTAL GUIDANCE", PAUL RUDD'S "THIS IS 40"!

I'm guessing it is rather unusual for December to be month of laughter in cinemas rather than the month of fantasy, epic drama and festivity, but this December will be filled with movie comedies. Check them out.

THE GUILT TRIP
Now, you may like this one, or hate it due to its cast immediately, choose yourself. THE GUILT TRIP opens up in theatres right on Christmas, so if
 you're in the mood to spend the holy day with Barbra Streisand and Seth Rogen, you might like this story about Andy Brewster (Seth Rogen) an inventor who lives in Los Angeles. He’s come up with an amazing organic cleaner but can’t get anyone interested in manufacturing it. Andy plans a business trip to promote the product and decides to take his recently widowed mother (Barbra Streisand) along for the ride. She’s been despondent since his father died, so he comes up with a great idea — during the trip he’ll surprise her with a stop in San Francisco, where one of her ex-flames lives.The cast also includes Colin Hanks, Adam Scott and Yvonne Strahovski.

PLAYING FOR KEEPS
But if you want a film with a cast which you fall in love with, the one to chose on December 7th is PLAYING FOR KEEPS with Gerard Butler and gorgeous Catherine Zeta Jones. This is a romantic comedy about a charming, down-on-his luck former soccer star (Butler) who returns home to put his life back together. Looking for a way to rebuild his relationship with his son, he gets roped into coaching the boy’s soccer team. But his attempts to finally become an “adult” are met with hilarious challenges from the attractive “soccer moms” who pursue him at every turn. PLAYING FOR KEEPS is directed by Gabriele Muccino, the director of "The Pursuit of Happiness" and also stars Uma Thurman, Jessica Biel, Dennis Quaid.

PARENTAL GUIDANCE
If this December will put you in the mood for something more family oriented, you have delightful PARENTAL GUIDANCE opening on the Christmas day as well. Charming couple Bette Middler and Billy Crystal star in the story of  old school grandfather Artie, who is accustomed to calling the shots, but meets his match when he and his eager-to-please wife Diane agree to babysit their three grandkids when their type-A helicopter parents go away for work. But when 21st century problems collide with Artie and Diane’s old school methods of tough rules, lots of love and old fashioned games, it’s learning to bend - and not holding your ground - that binds a family together!

THIS IS 40
And here's something that has both parental problems in the plot and great actors in the cast. Hilarious comedy THIS IS 40 is ready to hit cinemas on December 21st starring Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann. They are playing Pete and Debbie from the blockbuster hit "Knocked Up" as we see first-hand how they are dealing with their current state of life. Directed by hit director Judd Apatow this comedy movie also stars always delightful Melissa McCarthy in a rather hilarious role, legendary actor John Lithgow, popular comedian Jason Segel, gorgeous Megan Fox and Lena Dunham.

31 comments:

  1. December is going to be awesome. I loved all these trailers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rom-coms disguised as comedies, I smell a plot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might accept the blame upon myself if put to torture...

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of clips! Guilt Trip and Parental Guidance are probably the funniest to me. I'll probably check those out on DVD later.

    Hope you're having a nice weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, most of these are DVD material ,for a lovely weekend evening or afternoon :)

      Delete
  4. Playing For Keeps looks great with an amazing cast. I need to pass on anything with Bette Midler. GAWD, is she ever annoying!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you no likey Bette? :(
      We do love Butler and Zeta Jones!

      Delete
  5. I must be in a grumpy mood today, Dezz. These comedies all look completely predictable, plus I just want to slap the people in "This is 40."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, comedies usually are predictable, Debs :)

      Delete
  6. This is a feast dear...I was thoroughly entertained by the trailers and can't decide which one is the best ...he..he...

    Thanks for the smiles Dez ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. These trailers were all made for me! Darn for the hubby watching the telly right now. I'll be back in the morning, my Dezzy!!! (we hopefully will have power)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am embarrassed to say, I see a bit of myself in Babs in the role she is playing Guilt Trip. I could see myself driving like that, talking like to one the boys in a strip club. My poor boys LOL

      Finally, This is 40! I remember you previewing this movie some time ago and I thought I had missed it in the theaters or something. You're just that good at getting the scoop early. This is one movie I will see in the theaters. I adore Melissa!

      Delete
    2. Me too Elsie. I'm the queen of guilt!

      Delete
    3. @Elsie
      glad you liked the comedies, Elsie :)
      Yep, I'm sometimes years ahead with the news :)

      Delete
    4. @Annzie
      nya, I've seen your relationship with Spawn, darling, you're an uber cool mom :)

      Delete
  8. Dezzy; Parental Guidance is the only one that appeals to me me. I love Bette Midler. I hope she sings in this :)

    And, I'm working on the two-space thing after the period. Just can't seem to get myself trained here, then go to work and need that ancient style. *sighs* I will never totally catch up with this world.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Bette, too, Donnzie, ever since I've seen RUTHLESS PEOPLE :)

      I've only recently learnt that you Americans like to hit two spaces after full stops. I'll never understand it :)) it is so impractical. My editors would kill me if I'd send them a book edited like that :)

      Delete
  9. Gerard Butler is kinda funny how he is either in romantic comedies or extreme action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, wish he would do more historical movies

      Delete
  10. Gerard is one sexy Scotsman. Gerard without a shirt, Gerard without pants and Gerard sweating. Who else did you say is in this movies because all I'm seeing is Gerard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he ... the film will be God's gift to women :)

      Delete
    2. My blog finally posted. I tried to autopost the fecking thing and it didn't work. I've included the credit to you for doing my makeover darling. And I hope to post your figure tomorrow. It will be an all Dez week at my place!

      It won't be the first time either! Love you darling!

      Delete
    3. did you set the date and hour well? When you set the date and time, you have to click PUBLISH the post too and it will turn into a draft post until the date and hour come. That can be messy sometimes, but Blogger can sometimes play games with you even when you do everything right :(

      Really? :) What fun :) Lurv u too, jazz star :)

      Delete
  11. Like the sound of all these but my money will be going to the big pics like Hobbit and Les Mis. It's an awesome birthday month for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sure is, and there's LIFE OF PI too when it comes to epic adventures :)

      Delete
  12. Oh...Gerry in another Rom-com. he sure loves doing this genre ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like Paul Rudd; he does "fed up with life" well. I'll probably go see this one in the cinema :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.