Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"A KNIGHT'S TALE" TV SHOW! LAUREN GRAHAM JOINS MATTHEW PERRY IN "GO ON"! ABC"S "GASLIGHT" STEAMPUNK SHOW! "THE FIRST TIME" TRAILER! KIM RAVER JOINS "REVOLUTION" SF SHOW

Lots of television news, my people, today: super adorable Lauren Graham from GILMORE GIRLS will be one of the guest stars in Matthew Perry's new hit sitcom GO ON. Lauren, who is privately a long time friend with the ex FRIENDS star, will play a former co-worker of Perry's character. NBC's GO ON, in which Perry plays a sports talk radio host and a member of a "life change" support group, has had very high ratings since it premiered earlier this season.Meanwhile, ABC is preparing their first steampunk show! Titled GASLIGHT, it will be a lavish soap opera of passion, greed and hope set in a present-day Steampunk World in which three rival families battle for power and redemption in a re-imagined San Francisco.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
In other television updates today, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA producers are planning to make a TV show out of A KNIGHT'S TALE. Similarly to the popular film, it will also be a fun adventure and a medieval fantasy incorporating modern music and themes that follows the journey of a
young man who starts out impersonating a knight of the realm and ends up becoming one. As I reported before, ABC will also have A KINGDOM FAR AWAY fantasy series following a quirky family surviving together on a lawless frontier, a magical land where monsters are real, and one young woman’s unlikely destiny is about to change their lives forever. Another successful show, NBC's REVOLUTION, which had the highest ratings in three years at the network, has added lovely Kim Raver(I adored her in LIPSTICK JUNGLE) to the cast. In the story which follows a group of people who are trying to survive in a world which has suddenly been left without all energy sources, Kim will play a mysterious, but pivotal character. 

THE FIRST TIME TRAILER
 The only trailer I have for you is for teenage drama THE FIRST TIME, which hits cinemas later this month and follows Dave, a high
 school senior who spends most of his time pining away over a girl he can't have. Aubrey, a junior with artistic aspirations, has a hot boyfriend who doesn't quite understand her or seem to care. Dave and Aubrey meet one night at a party. A casual conversation sparks an instant connection, and, over the course of a weekend, things turn magical, romantic, complicated and funny as Aubrey and Dave discover what it's like to fall in love for the first time. The cast includes Dylan O'Brien, Britt Robertson, Craig Roberts, Maggie Elizabeth Jones, Lamarcus Tinker, Christine Taylor, Joshua Malina, Victoria Justice.

36 comments:

  1. almost an all ladies report, nice job... as always and thank you for the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think I scored with that pic of Kim's curves :) I knew boys would appreciate that one.

      Delete
    2. more the fan of Lauren Graham... she sure is purty...

      Delete
  2. I love Lauren Graham. I really do. However, I tried watching "Go On". A couple of times even. I really wanted to like it. I didn't. "Revolution" on the other hand..WOW! I just got done watching episode 3 and am sad I have to wait a whole week to see it again :(

    I like the sounds of a Steampunk show...I can only imagine the visuals!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her too :)
      I had the same thing happen to me with HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER. I really wanted to love it since it is positive and warm, but the humour in it is just so mediocre and badly written :(
      Planning to watch REVOLUTION as soon as I finish WORLD WITHOUT END :)

      Delete
  3. That show 'The Knight's Tale' looks good. Can't wait to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious about Gaslight. Revolution is still iffy for me. The dialog is forced.I can't tell if it is the writing or directing but something is off. I'll give it another try and see it if mellows out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is it because the lead actor isn't really a star material?

      Delete
  5. I hope Revolution is a hit. It's filmed here in "Wilmywood" and provides lots of jobs for locals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, big possibilities for Gaslight, if they can pull it off. I'd love to see a fun steampunk world on the big screen, but I'll settle for television.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we've ever seen a steampunk show before :)

      Delete
  7. The First Time really sounds generic and predictable. Which is why I think it's going to be a hit with it's demography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does, it is a typical movie of that genre.

      Delete
  8. Gaslight sounds fun and wasn't Kim Raver in 24? Wish I could watch some of these shows - alas, no satellite = no tv :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know she was in GRAY'S ANATOMY and in LIPSTICK JUNGLE.

      Delete
  9. That red dress makes her butt look huge . .

    Revolutions was good, and I'll probably like the steam punk thing. I loved the movie A knights Tale, but TV has a tendency to ruin good books/movies when they serialize it. We'll just have to see.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boys like bums like that :) And methinks it's an Hermes dress on her, that stripped type which makes boys go crazy :)

      Delete
  10. Oh my gosh,Donna! Bahaha! Oh, and Gaslight sounds super fun. I hope to see it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope they will really make it, we haven't seen steampunk on TV so far...

      Delete
  11. Gaslight sounds interesting. I do enjoy my steampunk.

    I'm struggling to get into Revolution. I've only seen the first two episodes so far, so maybe it warms up later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully it will be creative and interesting.
      So, REVOLUTION is no good?

      Delete
  12. Graham and Perry should have good on screen chemistry then

    ReplyDelete
  13. A knight's tale as TVseries? that would be something fun to see! I wonder who will play Paul's character

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am enjoying Go On but that may be because I relate so close to it and can also see that warped sense of humor you need after a loved one dies.

    Revolution absolutely rocks! It's got everything I love. Good vs. evil. Sword fighting. A potential love story. Woo hoo. I can't wait until you start watching it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope somebody here buys REVOLUTION since I have too many other shows to watch over Torrents :)
      I'm a bit afraid that I won't be able to watch WALKING DEAD, since Fox is opening a new channel here on cable and they will air WALKING DEAD there instead on their FOX CRIME free channel, so I'm not sure my cable will give us the new channel when it starts airing on October 15th :(

      Delete
    2. Say it isn't so, Dezzy! No Walking Dead? No that breaks my heart! We have satellite so we can get certain channels that aren't available in our area...but we may have to lose it one of these days =(

      Delete
    3. it is, but I'm speaking of my country. And the cable system in my own city is usually late with adding new channels to the menu :( I might have to download WALKING DEAD if they don't air it on TV.

      Delete
  15. Hi Dezzy - I've watched Revolution. I like it. Not, "Ahhh, I love it!" but I like it.

    The First Time looks cute. "Stiles," from Teen Wolf, is adorable (yeah, Teen Wolf is an okay show too).

    A BIG thank you for adding my new cover to your sidebar. You're awesome, Dezzy. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was looking forward to "Revolution" and I've been trying to give it a chance, but so far I really dislike the show. It has some of the most annoying characters of any show I've seen. A good start would be to get rid of Charlie, the lead female--bad actress and stupid character. Getting rid of the writers might help as well-the dialog in the show is trite and cliched. I'm three weeks in, but I don't know that they'll keep holding me.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, so it seems the consensus is that it is not worth watching. You're not the first one to say the dialogues are bad, Lee. I'm not sure I will watch it now.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.