Sunday, January 16, 2011

BEN FOSTER, RACHEL WEISZ & ANTHONY HOPKINS IN "360". SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR'S NEW TV SHOW "RINGER". CAPTIVATING TRAILER FOR SF FILM "LOVE" WITH GUNNER WRIGHT

It seems Sarah Michelle Gellar will finally return to TV after BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER. She will take the lead role in RINGER,  a new TV show about a young woman who is on the run from
the mob which will be broadcast on CBS.  Her character in the show will unwittingly assume the role of her wealthy twin sister, only to discover that her sibling has an ungodly price on her head. RINGER is the product of the SUPERNATURAL writers.

Now, here's an interesting cast of quality actors - according to "Deadline" young Ben Foster (THE MECHANIC, XMEN) will join Rachel Weisz and Anthony Hopkins in 360 a new film from THE CONSTANT GARDENER director Fernando Meirelles. Although the plot hasn't been revealed yet, it is known that the film will follow a number of intersecting story lines dealing with each characters' infidelity. Apparently the film will consist of love scenes, and after each scene one of the partners is shown in a new love scene with some other partner and so on until they close the circle of adultery.

SHORT HEADLINES The ALIEN prequel I've mentioned last week with Charlize Theron and Michael Fassbender and maybe even Angelina Jolie  in the cast will be titled
PROMETHEUS. Paramount wants STAR TREK II to be 3D.

"FirstShowing.Net" has published a visually extremely captivating and interesting first trailer for the new indie sf film called LOVE. The film focuses on a single astronaut (played by young Gunner Wright) who after losing contact with Earth becomes stranded in orbit aboard the Space Station. As time passes and life support systems dwindle, he battles to maintain his sanity and simply stay alive. His world is a claustrophobic and lonely existence... until he makes a strange discovery. Check out the highly unusual and gripping trailer:
   

OMG HOLLYWOOD SPY'S ANNUAL AWARDS are just a few hours away, are you super excited, can you even sleep, can you even breathe from anticipation? :))

29 comments:

  1. Yay, Sarah Michelle is coming back. And the show sounds very twisted. It'll probably be quite excellent since the writing on Supernatural is superior.

    The trailer for LOVE is stunning. What a fantastical film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't that trailer something special? It's totally captivating! I've never watched SUPERNATURAL, although I do like Padalecki and Ackles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love supernatural so I will definately see Ringer, so glad SMG is back on our screens, even if she did pinch my husband of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the trailer and can't wait for the awards!
    CD

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Chrissy
    I know what you mean, her Prinze really is a prince!

    @Clarissa
    the awards gala will probably start somewhere around 2-3pm Central European Time :) which is early early morning for people in America.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's still snowing! How lovely :)

    Looking forward to the awards dear Dezmond. Now, what on earth shall I wear ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. She'll always be Buffy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ms. Gellar must be 40 years old by now, mustn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  9. DEZMOND - Yay for Ringer. You know I'm a Buffy fan. There's no denying it. =D Also, wow! The trailer for LOVE - WOW!

    Ps: My gowns all ready. =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, from your description of Love I expected an "2001; A Space Odyssey" type movie. The trailer doesn't support that theory at all. I'm wondering about the movie now; if it is confusing. I remember having to watch Odyssey several times to "get it".

    Good reviews; thanks.


    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! love looks like it could be really unique and good- but definitely beautiful!
    LOVE supernatural LOVE buffy- definitely excited about this!!!
    and ben foster!! yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always have the best news!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love looks like a sort of updated take of 2001 and Silent Running with maybe some time travel? The trailer seems kind of strange.
    I'll be hardly able to sleep in anticipation of the awards ceremony--- well actually I'll probably sleep pretty well since I'm really tired.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was thinking the same thing as Arlee re Love. Strange title though. Love the music in the trailer. Looking forward to Ringer. AND....looking forward to the awards!! Wootiness!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think Rachel Weisz is really sexy. I will have to watch out for 360. Alien prequel you say? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked the old fashioned cinematic feel and look to the Star Trek reboot. I'm thinking 3D might mess that up?

    ReplyDelete
  17. The LOVE trailer looks pretty good; stories about isolation and solitude are pretty gripping (can't wait to see 127 hours - Johnny Got His Gun is another classic example too). Star Trek in 3D would be awesome in theory, but it's likely to be just as bad as every other 3D movie :(

    I can't wait for the awards, it's gonna be badass!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi just came over from Arlee Bird's "Tossing It Out" loved the post full of the Hollywood scene. Have fun.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love anything with Rachel Weisz, and really enjoyed 'The Constant Gardener' (though it helepd I had read the book, as many other people had a hard time following the plot of the movie).

    Geller doesn't thrill me, but LOVE looks really interesting. Haven't seen that actor before.

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Wendy
    yep the snow is still here :)

    @Lisa
    I'm surprised as well

    @Doo
    wth indeed :)

    @Alex
    it will be an interesting film to watch

    @Lil'Vics
    she will never shake off that role...

    ReplyDelete
  21. @DasAuto
    now, don't be naughty :)

    @RaShelle
    I've published the news because I know there are so many Buffy fans out there :)

    @Donna
    yes, many people have compared LOVE with SPACE ODYSSEY!

    @Vics
    I knew you would gonna like the news :)

    @Vapor
    thanks, Vapor, I do try :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Arlee
    better that than to be caught while sleeping during the ceremony :)

    @Lyndylove
    ah, the music is amazing isn't it?

    @ToastMan
    she is extremely sexy and sensual

    @Cesta
    we shall keep our fingers crossed and hopefully 3D won't ruin the film

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Michael
    your dog is launching cannonades again? :P

    @Jamie
    ah, I can't watch 127 HOURS, I won't survive the scene when he cuts his hand off :(

    @Yvonne
    hey, Yvonne, welcome to HOLLYWOOD SPY!

    @Michelle
    I didn't like Sarah in BUFFY but I got to like her after her role in SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE.

    ReplyDelete
  24. ...Buffy's back:)
    Ahh the memories...

    EL

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.